A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Machine Knitted Stuff *edit* Pinwheel Afghan w/Pillow pattern on page 2  (Read 7185 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern , machine_knitting  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suganspyyce
« on: May 11, 2007 02:36:36 PM »

I have been inspired to post some of my own machine knitted things thanks to this topic:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=156637.0  started by supermedic  Please view her wonderful afghan knitted on her Bond. 

The yarn for this one came from on of those crochet kits that come with everything to make an afghan.  I never could get the afghan started so I used the yarn to make this.

Here is an unfinished pinwheel blanket.  All that is lacking is the edging.  These knit up really quickly on the bond. 

The Big Bad Baby Blanket inspired me to make this one.  I didn't want to go through all of the trouble of making garter on the machine so I just came up with this.  I need to finish one of the edges.  The pink isn't as bright as it looks.

Finally, this is the biggest project that I have done on the machine.  I saw a afghan in one of the bond project books and thought, I can reproduce this without having to buy the book.  I looked very closely to the afghan on the site and did and redid all of the math until it worked out.  The cables are easy, but a pain to do.  I charted out the diamonds on graph paper and set to work!  The red is really more of a burgundy color and the green is a light sage. 

« Last Edit: May 14, 2007 02:24:39 PM by suganspyyce » THIS ROCKS   Logged
supermedic
SUPERMEDIC

Live Love Laugh But Laugh the Most

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007 04:23:56 PM »

Cheesy

love it all and thanks for the credit for inspiring you to post.  i really think we need a area just for machine knitters.  Anyone else out there think so. 

love the pinwheel one, have never done one the those but it looks very intriguing. 

how large is your machine--i'm trying to figure out how the first one is done--intarsia or longways--do you know what i'm getting at??

also love the pink and black one.  love those colors. 

here's a few more of my "machine knit" items

afghan for myself

sweater for one of my dogs

earwarmer
THIS ROCKS   Logged
supermedic
SUPERMEDIC

Live Love Laugh But Laugh the Most

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007 04:29:58 PM »

forgot to ask--you said the cables in the last one were a pain to do--did you pull out the stitches all at once or just what you were working with.  if you just pull apart the ones you are working with it goes much smoother and easier. 

sorry, i actually thought you were talking about how it is joined but when i looked closer i thought i saw a diamond pattern.  how about a close up of that.  i am just recently figuring out how to do cables and love the diamond shape. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007 04:32:06 PM by supermedic » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rina
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007 05:51:20 PM »

... i really think we need a area just for machine knitters.  Anyone else out there think so. 

I do! I know how to use my Bond but haven't successfully completed a project yet.  My sweater attempt BOMBED. 

Both of you -- really nice work!  I was scratching my head trying to figure how the pinwheel blanket was done--is it kind of like short rows? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my yarncraft blog, RedCrochet.wordpres s.com
suganspyyce
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007 07:17:26 PM »

Thank you supermedic and rina!  The one with the stripes I did half and then I did the other half and sewed as i went.  I only have the original 100 needles.  I have yet to find a bargain for another one so I can add on to mine.  For the cables I did them as I came to the row.  I read that If you knit the next row and then undo it then it will be much easier to do the cable but I was so afraid that I would lose my work.  The pinwheel blanket is knit with short rows but I will have to do a bit of searching my bookmarks to see where I got the pattern from.  I will also get a close up of the diamond pattern.  I had a pic of them but I deleted it.  I will take another. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smileygirl
yea, i knit with acrylic. what are you gonna do about it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007 08:21:44 PM »

great job on all the work you have done. i to, have a bond, and i love it, but sometimes you can't use it, and i do love to hand knit it. i inquired about a machine knitting board, but i was told by the monerator that all knitting goes under this board. i really should start posting my work here more often
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The more you know, the less you don't know

I love being married.
It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
-Rita Rudner

My Blog!! http://raynaknits.blogspot.com
My Etsy!! http://www.raynascreations.etsy.com
suganspyyce
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007 08:33:28 PM »

Ok I got the best picture I could on the diamond pattern.  I just converted the stitches to purl stitches. 

For the pinwheel blanket, I couldn't find the page with the pattern, I got it off of a yahoo message board and just jotted down the instructions.  I am going to continue to look for them because I have no idea what I wrote down.  I was trying to remember everything to respond to you guys and I forgot to tell you, supermedic, that your projects are really great! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
april_cocaine
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007 06:06:18 AM »

I'm very impressed, the only thing I can ever make on my machine are long skinny scarves. I've got a brother machine, from the 70's.

I love that pinwheel blanket - if you ever find the instructions, please post!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

luv2stitch

Sometimes it's knit and sometimes it's crochet.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007 09:55:48 AM »

Great job on the machine knit afghans. I also especially like the pinwheel one. 
I've made quite a few plain crew neck sweaters (from the Bond instruction book) on my machine years ago but most recently I made a full set of Harry Potter scarves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suganspyyce
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007 03:16:59 PM »

You can make a pinwheel blanket by using the shawls and skirts version of the knitware program but it is not the same instructions that I used.  I find the knitware version a little hard to understand.  I have been searching the yahoo groups that I am a part of and cannot find the post, I do remember having trouble finding it when i got the pattern.  I will continue to look because I would definitely like to make another one.  Hopefully I will have the answer by tonight!  Thanks everyone for your comments!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 New Hair Products to Help You Look Beautiful
How to Use Dry Shampoo
How to Easily Stop Frizzy and Static Hair
Celebrity Stylist Ken Paves Low Cost Tips for High-End Hair
How to Maintain Hair Extensions
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...