A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 303,135
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Getting Knit Organized! DPN Cases and Knitting Journal Templates  (Read 1581 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: May 11, 2007 12:31:09 PM »

I wanted to share some handy little things I made not so long ago to help me get organized.

First I designed some double pointed needle pouches to keep all those pesky needles together. I was always misplacing them and it was driving me nuts so I sewed these up. They're really easy to make and don't require any sort of button or snap. I have wrote instructions on how to make pouches for double pointed needles sizes 0-11. They're so handy to have around, and perfect for when you take your knitting with you and only need to bring one set of needles.
I posted a step by step tutorial if you're interested!

The second thing I created was a knitting journal. I wanted something that I could keep expanding as I created more stuff, so I designed six different pages to print and fill out. There are pages for you to fill out information on your FO's, keep track of the yarn in your stash and patterns on your to-do list, and more. You can print out however many you need, slip them into plastic sheet protectors, and organize them into a binder for easy reference. It is really satisfying being able to flip through a book and being able to see all your FO's neatly organized in one place. It works great as a brag book too Wink
I have posted all of the pages, and they're free to download so good luck creating and customizing your perfect knitting journal!

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007 12:59:58 PM »

Aren't you sweet!

I do love both these projects! I do want to download the pages for my own personal journal! Smiley

You rock, big stylie.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007 01:41:05 PM »

this is great! thanks for sharing!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007 01:48:10 PM »

this is awesome. i really need to get organized.  thank you for this Kiss

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007 01:54:40 PM »

you read my mind.

i've been looking to get more organized.

i've recently started to take my crafting much more seriously, and i'd love a way to keep track of things.

thanks for sharing

I'm down with Personal Swaps
My Wist

BRIDES-TO-BE: i have wedding stuff i would love to swap away. pm me for list of items!
Yarn Rescuer!

beer gut

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007 02:58:26 PM »

Awesome! I will defiinitely make the DPN cases, thanks for these tuts and the journal pages are great too.

Get some yarn! Jewelry! YARN! 

Vintage Sewing Patterns!!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007 04:11:43 PM »

Wow thanks! These are so cool I have added them to my to do list.

Knitting is my happy place

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007 04:54:20 PM »

I will definately be making the DPN cases.  I've been looking for a way to store the ever-growing collection.  The journal pages are beautiful.  They really appeal to obsessive-complusive need I have for organization!!

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007 06:38:54 PM »

These are great! I can't wait to use the templates, they are just what I was looking for.

"I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it beautiful."
John Constable
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Shrimp-Stuffed Creole Tomatoes
Bobby Flay’s Nacho Dogs
How to Make a Philly Cheesesteak With Cheddar Hollandaise Sauce
A Grown-Up Grilled Cheese Sandwich To Astound Your Taste Buds
Would You Eat It? Deep Friend Doritos Breaded Burger
Latest Blog Articles
Beware! Black Cats!
Meatless Monday: Pickled Peppers
Spotlight on: Precious Metal Clay

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...