My friends got me spools and spools of thread for my birthday, yay!
I made this dress during my birthday weekend and wore it to work the following Monday. You expert crafters might think that this is just a piece of cake but I really love it.
Incidentally, I made this while eating what was left of my birthday cake.
Uhm, yes, those are jigsaw pieces on my wall. Sadly, gray does not agree with my skin color. My boyfriend said that I look like mud. Or like a "madre"
(our word for NUN). I'm not really sure, I dint hear him right.
Thanks for looking!
TUTORIAL (bear with me, i'm not good at this giving instructions thing hehe) [gulp gulp, here i go]
1) Cut your front and back pieces. They can be short, I heard that mini-dresses are making a comeback.
Make the neckline wider than the desired width so that it will gather nicely when you finally slip a string through it. The back neckline can be narrower, though, for a sexier look
2) Sew dart of front piece. You may also want to sew the string at this point. For visual aesthetics purposes, your string can be made of the same fabric that you will use to embellish your pocket.
3) Sew seams of sleeves. Attach one side of front and back pieces, right side together. Sew zipper to the other side.
4) Now, fold the neckline and sew, leaving allowance for the string to slip through. Do this to both front and back parts. Slip your string through and DRAW.
You neckline will kinda look like this:
5) Now, measure where you will want your pockets and how big you want them to be. Sew fabric embellishment first before you sew them to the dress. My pocket looked like this:
6) Sew pockets. Sew hem.
[*sigh* hope that was clear]