A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 305,025
Currently Running With Scissors:
700 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Thrift Store Finds!  (Read 3791 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wakeupdonnie
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007 10:53:14 PM »

Not so much thrift store, but dear lord.

I got about 30 skeins of yarn from a garage sale.

For how much?

$2.30!!!

And most of it's not acrylic, or at least a blend!!! There's a lot of nice wool.

And the woman offered to get me her old knitting needles; apparently she has A TON. And she insisted I didn't have to pay her for them. Omfg.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bruisedpeach22

But why is all the rum gone??

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007 11:09:19 PM »

I have no other response than  (a very jealous) Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

url]
Wist
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007 06:43:31 AM »

I found 14 of a set of I'm guessing 25 old craft books from the 70's.For 80 cents each. They include life skills-like astronomy and panning for gold-in with the crafts. And some of the "new,funky" crafts I've seen on craftster.For example,bracelets made out of forks.They are so cool! I love thrift stores.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode CRAFTSTER 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
SpottedFrog
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007 07:53:26 AM »

The best thing I ever got (for myself) at a Thrift store was a black velvet evening cape, with it's buttoms missing of course (I'm sure they were rhinestones) for $10. Of course I spent $40 replacing the buttons!

I was the Drama Club sponsor and costumed all my boys for The Importance of Being Earnest at the Junior League thrift store, 6 suits, 4 pairs of shoes, 2 over coats & a couple hats for under $100.  Junior leage cut us a deal because it was a school. The girls we re-fabbed old prom dresses into more period things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
The_Final_Beast
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007 10:41:33 PM »

Tons upon tons of yarn most not even used! 10 cents each but sometimes I've paid 25 cents, but who cares if it's really great yarn?  Cheesy Patterns for 30 cent. Nice curtains for clothing use. I love prowling the curtain/sheet area of my thrift stores. Hmm..I also bought many a nice craft items such as paintbrushes, scissors, and a few blank wooden boxes. I got this really nice wooden chest; it has a hidden compartment on the bottom! It was a buck! Which surprised me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007 09:37:39 PM »

Yippee  Smiley.Went to Goodwill & got 1/2 dozen vintage needlepoint kits,a basket full of brand-new knitting needles,a new purse (w my initial on it).for $20.00.Plus a new western hat & boots.Plus 3 gifts for my friend who has been going through some rough times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
melissak
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007 02:31:09 AM »

I love thrifting and garage sale-ing!  I haven't had any tremendous craft finds yet, but I'm a teacher and I prowl for books for my classroom.  People at garage sales are usually tremendously generous when you tell then you're a teacher.  I can't wait to thrift again!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gwydion
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007 03:08:16 AM »

Last time I went to Goodwill I spent $50.

I got two skeins of a teal wool-blend yarn, a beautiful skirt, a brand-new towel bar, two clocks (one is being used as is and the second one is awaiting some artistic touches), three black picture frames for the living room, two frames with stylized thistle and daisy embroidery on linen (hand embroidered and mounted by a Mrs. Peterson in 1973--how could I leave them there!?!), a teak? nut server (I turned this into a front-door valet for keys & phones), and a metal rack for pot lids. 

Yay.  Smiley

But what I really went for was a sewing table I'd seen buried in the back.  And I bought it, because they finally had 1/2 off red-tagged items.  Once they extracted it from under all the other stuff, I found that I had purchased a nice table AND a working vintage (early 1960's?) Singer.  The belt's a little worn, but the machine is beautifully oiled and moves smoothly. I'm going to order a new belt and rewire the pedal, and it should be even better than my old White.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittycitycrafter

The Clarks www.clarksonline.com

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007 10:45:43 AM »

Got a big bag of retro macrame beads, rings, etc. This will go perfectly with the macrame cord that I got earlier Grin

It even includes an owl "bead" So 70's Cool
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007 10:48:38 AM by kittycitycrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I had a magic charm
It would protect you from all harm
There'd be no sirens to alarm
We could stay here every day
And if I were a super hero
Good guys all the villains zero
I'd save you from all that is evil
So you can sleep at night"

by the Clarks
Report Abuse:
1-800-4-A-CHILD
melissak
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2007 01:04:55 AM »

Found a set of old greeting cards for $1.00 today:

Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Cool Green Eyes in Photoshop
How to Make Custom Brushes in Photoshop
How to Make a Cool Effect For Your Pictures in Photoshop
How to Make Basic Animation in Photoshop
How to Cut a Person or Object from a Picture in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...