A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,738
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bandana pants anyone???  (Read 2852 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

usdimama

Native Art--I'm Native, and it's Art

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2007 02:56:13 PM »

My mom told me seeing martha s make bandana pants...tried to look it up on her site, but no luck.  I saw some and they're the cutest thing.  Anyone out there know how?  Thankx Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They call me Cha Cha 'cause I'm the best dancer at St. Bernadette's."
triciarn
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007 07:51:26 PM »

I have made some. They are VERY roomy Smiley

I bought a set of bandana patterns off ebay. The sellers name is parksbird. It was well worth the $17 for her patterns plus you get any new patterns she creates.

Tricia
THIS ROCKS   Logged
purplesmiley
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007 06:41:04 AM »

here are some instructions for making bandana style pants

http://home.pacbell.net/kapleo/blog/domesticspherepatterns.html scroll down to the bottom

and http://domesticsphere.blogspot.com/2002_06_01_domesticsphere_archive.html scroll down to the bottom for a tutorial

hth  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheytown
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007 03:52:37 PM »

i found the martha pants someplace after scouring the web. it was a jpg somebody posted of a scan of a magazine page. i'll look later and see if i can find it again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
usdimama

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007 04:12:47 PM »

oh, cool, thanx everyone for the help:)  now i'm off to sew Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheytown
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007 08:06:50 PM »

Here's the Martha bandana pants pic. Sorry craftster shrunk it. Let me know if you can't read the instructions...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kayja
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007 09:58:00 PM »

Pants
You will need two 27-inch red bandannas and 24 inches of 1/2-inch-wide cotton twill tape.
1. Lay bandannas on top of each other right sides facing. Bandannas are slightly rectangular, pin them together along long sides. Fold bandannas in half lengthwise, aligning pinned sides. Create arc for crotch as follows (left): Starting from top corner, measure 8 inches down one pinned edge; mark this spot. Measure 1+1/2 inches in from spot; make an X. Measure 2 inches in from top corner; make an X. Draw a line from X to X and out to pinned side, rounding off as shown. Cut along curved line (right).
2. Unfold bandannas. Sew bandannas together along both crotches; stitch again to reinforce. Notch curves. Trim seams to 1/2 inch.
3. Open out bandannas and shift so crotches are centered and aligned. Sew together along each inside seam. Trim seam allowances.
4. To create casing for drawstring, fold waistband down 1+1/2 inches. Sew parallel to fold, making a 1-inch channel. Turn pants right side out; open front seam to create a small hole through which to thread twill tape. Using safety pin, thread twill tape through casing; beginning and ending at this hole.

27" bandanas? Do they come in different sizes, my thighs are most definitely larger than 27" around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
usdimama

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007 10:21:47 PM »

oh yes!  right on!  thanx so much cheytown!   Kiss  i'm rushing to finish some dresses so i can get to these before we go away for the weekend--of course dh thinks i'm nuts for still sewing when i should be packing Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pumpkinbear
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007 12:50:40 PM »

27" bandanas? Do they come in different sizes, my thighs are most definitely larger than 27" around.

Hee! That's so cute--these are pants for little children, silly! Although I would actually kind of love to wear every single thing that we make for our kids on this site. Is sewing for kids so totally wish fulfillment, or what?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mylovelybabybump
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007 09:31:57 PM »

These pants are adorable! I am so making these for my baby boy-to-be! Finally I found something *cute* to do for boys Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design the Inside Pages in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Create a Footer in Adobe Photoshop
How to Create a Sidebar in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Add a Video Placeholder in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Format Thumbnail Text in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...