A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 304,861
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lawrence area craftsters?  (Read 2179 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mccartrc
« on: May 06, 2007 09:26:09 AM »

so, i don't know if anyone from Lawrence (or surrounding areas) checks this board, but I work at the Michaels in Lawrence and me a a few other employees are trying to make our store classroom a little less. . .  well. . . OLD.   Right now we teach a bunch of different standard classes including knitting and crocheting,  one stroke painting, wilton cake decorating and jewelery making.  We want our classroom to teach a new generation of craftsters which means we need to come up with hipper crafts.  I was wondering if any of you out there have any suggestions on what to teach or if there is anything you would like to learn how to do.  It can include anything that our store sells.  Right now the first class we would really like to start is a Stitch and Bitch class based on the projects in the book (which we sell).  I would also like to do some sort of resin casting/jewelry making class.  If you have any suggestions, you can post them here OR you can call the store at 785-841-9100 and ask for Marley - she is the classroom coordinator and is really cool and open for new ideas (and if you are REALLY lucky new instructors!)   

thanks so much for any help!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda2
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008 11:46:51 AM »

Hi! I live in the Lawrence area and  michaels just so happens to be one of my favorite stores! I've never taken any classes there, but I have always wanted to take a cake decorating class! I just never have enough money for anything.
How about a scrapbooking or paper crafts class? I normally go in there to buy paper and such.
..I can't really think of much right now, but next time I go I will definately think about this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krisadair
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009 08:52:44 PM »

not many crafters from our area it appears. my friends and i craft on a weekly basis and are always looking for new additions to the group. we mostly meet at java break unless we are working on a project that requires space. i would love to hear from local crafters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluemelody84
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009 09:57:45 PM »

I just moved to Lawrence recently and I am a HUGE crafter! I also applied at Micheal's and Hobby Lobby Wink...Keeping my fingers crossed! I don't think enough people take a look at these posts though, bc I'm sure there are more crafter's out here than just us!! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creativity is a drug I cannot live without.
GiggleBug
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009 05:49:09 PM »

I am in Topeka but LOVE the Lawrence Michael's!! (Topeka's is just not the same!)  I would like to know how to do resin too. It is in all the new jewelry books and mags too!  I would also be interested in classes that weren't so "old" too! Keep me posted!!!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Eat, Decorate, and Display Cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes
Hot New Ice Cream Made Of Bones
How to Make Puppy Love Chow
How to Make Homemade Blueberry and Banana Muffins
How to Make Brownie Tarts
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...