A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,954
Currently Running With Scissors:
730 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: *New pages added* Scrapbooked calendar pages  (Read 1154 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sonja_Amsterdam
Absolute beginner

Stopped trying, started doing.

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2011 12:23:09 PM »

I hope these are in the right category as they're kind of scrapbooking but not meant to go in a photo-album. These are pages made for a DIY calendar. I gave one empty one each to my grandmother, mother and mother-in-law. In order to keep them up-to-date with their (great)grandson's life I send them a new picture ahead of each month.They then stick it onto the calendar. Until last month these were mainly single pictures or simple collages of pictures. But some free gardening themed scrapbooking papers from a British Magazine (craftsbeautiful) inspired me to scrap the calendar pages and these were the June pages for the different (great)grandmothers:

I've kept the lay-outs pretty simple because I think the pictures speak for themselves but if you have any tips or suggestions to improve them please let me know. I'm building up the courage to start scrapping some album pages and I'd be happy with any help.

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012 01:34:40 PM by Sonja_Amsterdam » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Say that again? Slowly....
Lillibet
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011 02:39:10 PM »

Sometimes simple is better! You wouldn't want to detract from the photo with loads of glitzy embellishments, would you?  Grin

That DIY calendar idea sounds really good as well Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sonja_Amsterdam
Absolute beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011 03:48:25 AM »

Thanks Lillibet!

The DIY calender is a big success and I might make one for my own family as well next year. I seem to find the time to craft for others but not often for myself. Maybe this will get me going:-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sonja_Amsterdam
Absolute beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012 01:57:02 PM »

So, I finally have some time to upload some of the things I have been making over the past 8-9 months, I was just sooo busy (no no, not pregnant Wink). I only had just enough time to make the calendar pages. And even that wasn't always possible so I just printed out one picture in XL format to send out to all the grannies (and one goes on our calendar at home since 2012).

I've been wanting to get into scrapbooking for a while now but the work involved vs time available seems a bit overwhelming so I started doing this instead. I make one page a month, it's small and I try out different techniques, tools and materials. My wonderful husband got me a Sizzix Big Shot Die cutting machine for Christmas so I've also bought some basic dies and tried them out. They're expensive though so I really need to consider versatility of each purchase. At the end of the year I will use the calendar pages from our home calendar to stick into the family album and still get a bit of that scrapbooking feel Cheesy

Anyway, here goes, lots of pictures for you guys to check out, if you want to know about materials or techniques feel free to ask:

July 2011:

Using alphabet stencils for lettering here, a bit tricky to get it straight but not too bad. I like my strawberry best:-)

Here I used gold ink on purple, didn't work too well, any suggestions anyone? Still, the picture is so cool it just steals the show!

Tried out my stamps on some pre-cut frames (from an Ikea card making kit...), not bad but they were a bit small so the pictures don't stand out quite as much as I would have liked.

August 2011:

In this first layout I have used the fingerpaint 'art' my son is making in the picture as background paper. I think this will become a more regular feature as he gets older and will be making more 'art' at school:-)

And one without:

In September I had a bit more time on my hand to do the October page so I tried out some chipboard letters and punched flowers etc.

Love the little tv embellishment I made myself on this one Wink

So that's all I seem to have scanned in or photographed for 2011. Hope you liked it, I certainly enjoyed making them and it's interesting to see them all together here and see my projects changing and developing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sonja_Amsterdam
Absolute beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012 02:10:11 PM »

And here's what I've been making for the 2012 calendar. I'm really starting to get into printing out my 'journalling' and using die cuts and punches:-)

Here's February as seen on our calendar at home:

March 2012:
My favourite colour combo:

And two variations on the same yellow and blue theme:

And I just finished the April installments:

Finally found an excuse to use some of my cute butterfly embellishments on layout for my son;-)

Rock star, the actual layout is more glittery than you can see here and the guitar is "filled" with litle beads so you can 'shake' it:-)

This is my favourite one so far, got to use my nes nestabilities dies 'Splendid Circles' and the paper and colours are just how I like it. But being a mom to just one boy I don't get to use it all that often:-)

Thanks for looking!

xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Art of VIBE: Apex On Being Saved By Street Art
Lost Vincent Van Gogh Painting Discovered In Safe Deposit Box
Art of VIBE: Street Artist Ders Adds Color To Shoreditch
Art of VIBE: Jorge Rodriguez-Gerada Scales Down For London Wall
Art of VIBE: Chor Boogie & His Street Romantic Voodoo Modern Hieroglyphics
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...