A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,694
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Collage Pumps!  (Read 2065 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Soul_Mannequin
« on: May 05, 2007 05:11:52 PM »

So I bought these shoes in Target and with the help of some music magazines, glue, rhinestones, and some leftover black faux-fur material, I came up with these.  Unfortunately, they're too uncomfortable to wear, but they sure are fun to look at :-p

« Last Edit: May 05, 2007 05:15:21 PM by Soul_Mannequin » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lemadrid
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007 05:36:42 PM »

aww those are really awsome i really love those
THIS ROCKS   Logged

azuzuinatree
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007 05:47:23 PM »

Those are super cute. Maybe I'll try to make some. Was it hard? How long did it take?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Soul_Mannequin
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007 07:42:53 PM »

Thanks guys!  I'm so glad you like them!  Yay! :-D  They took about 2 nights to make...it was a bit of an undertaking but the process wasn't hard at all.  I found that music magazines such as Filter and Xlr8 (that's probably spelled wrong lol) have really good graphics and things to modge-podge onto the shoes.  I used a foam brush to modge-podge, but I'm sure anything would work.  Other than that, the fringe was easy-I didn't bother sewing it, I just glued it and it was fine :-). And then I used Gem-tak for the rhinestones on the heels.  My hands had black stuff on them for little while after, but it was worth it :-)  So yeah, it was pretty easy and a lot of fun!  Good luck making a pair if you decide to!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IMIS
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007 07:50:26 PM »

They are SOOO awesome! Did you JUST use mod podge on the outside? I bought canvas sneaks from target, and modpodged on pics, and painted them, and then put mod podge over it, but everything keeps cracking. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am looking to swap for knitting needles and supplies! If you are interested in doing a PERSONAL SWAP with me, please PM me! Thanks!!!
Soul_Mannequin
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007 08:06:42 PM »

They are SOOO awesome! Did you JUST use mod podge on the outside? I bought canvas sneaks from target, and modpodged on pics, and painted them, and then put mod podge over it, but everything keeps cracking. Sad

Thanks!  Yup, I just used modge-podge.  Mine haven't been cracking, but maybe because I haven't actually worn them.  Or maybe it's the canvas material or the paint that's making it crack?  I don't know much about craft preservation, but maybe there's some kind of sealer you can put over it-I'm planning on making another pair that I can actually wear, so I'll see if it starts to crack once I wear them.  I guess if it does, then it's just from wearing them (yay scientific reasoning!)  Sorry I can't be of more help, but good luck with the shoes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IMIS
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007 08:33:05 AM »

thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am looking to swap for knitting needles and supplies! If you are interested in doing a PERSONAL SWAP with me, please PM me! Thanks!!!
Stars_Fire_17
Drop the Yarn and no one gets hurt!

Kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007 10:59:07 AM »

Ooo those are nice.  An awesome way to dress up a plain dress or pants.  I like the collage look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kit

"Stars, hide your fires, Let not light see my black and deep desires"
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Selective Editing in Lightroom 4
Taking Advantage of Type Styles in Photoshop CS6
How to Draw Minions from Despicable Me 2
How to Draw Misa Amane from Death Note
How to Draw Milla Jovovich from Resident Evil
Latest Blog Articles
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...