A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: List of addresses of craft and yarn shops in Brussels, Belgium  (Read 23614 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wanderingskopos
« on: May 05, 2007 10:55:38 AM »

I'm currently in Brussels, and after a long and frustrating search for yarn, needles and assorted stuff, I decided to comb the 'net for a list of LYS in the Brussels area. Looking at this, it's no wonder I couldn't find anything - there are only one or two shops in the centre, and most of the 'normal' shops don't sell knitting stuff (unlike in my native Finland, where you can find makings for socks in most rural backwater general stores, let alone big-city department stores. Go figure.)

Avenue Louise area:
Art et Fil
Rue du Bailli 25
1000 Bruxelles

Saint-Gilles:
Fil de Luxe
Chaussee de Waterloo 61
1060  Bruxelles

Etterbeek (near La Chasse):
Phildar (this is a chain, the addresses for other shops available on their website)
Chaussee de Wavre 734
1040 Bruxelles
http://www.phildar.com

Schaerbeek (near Diamant station):
Hollywool
Avenue des Cerisiers 22
1030 Bruxelles

Veritas is a chain of shops with a somewhat random assortment of stockings, underwear, handbags, felting wool, beads, zippers, crochet hooks and yarn. They've got a webpage:
http://www.veritas.be/fr/shops.asp

One of the Veritas shops is in the City 2 shopping centre, located on top of Rogier metro station:
Rue Neuve 123/201
1000 Bruxelles

For other crafty stuff (paint, grommets, power tools), you can try the shops in the Brico chain:
http://www.brico.be/

More yarn shops in Belgium:
http://www.modenet.be/links.php?op=viewslink&sid=15&prov=0&country=0

edit: Another list of yarn shops from a local knitting club:
http://cafetricot.canalblog.com/archives/magasins_a_bruxelles/index.html

Have fun!
-wanderingskopos
p.s. If someone can tell where to find a shop selling (cheap) wool for spinning in Brussels, do tell! I've got my spindle, but nothing to spin...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007 11:04:32 AM by wanderingskopos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tarragon
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007 05:27:49 AM »

Have you visited Creatine (Stockel and Waterloo)?  They had some wool tops last time I was in (last Summer, back in the UK now).  I think you may have to resort to mail order to get any sort of selection  Sad - Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wanderingskopos
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007 10:44:25 AM »

Thanks for the address, Tarragon Smiley (by the way, is it the Atomium in your icon? Cool Cheesy )

I wonder why the Brussels-people have decided to put all craft shops outside the city centre? I was just in Germany, where it's much easier to get this kind of stuff.

Just in case anyone else wonders, the address is:
Cratine
rue Longue 6
1150 Bruxelles
www.creatine.be
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tarragon
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007 06:15:01 AM »

Hi wanderingskopos,
Yes, it's the Atomium - I loved living in Brussels, miss it all the time...
If you want to mail order wool from the UK, just found a brilliant place yesterday; www.winghamwoolwork .co.uk, with a great selection of everything.
Good luck Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wanderingskopos
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007 01:07:27 PM »

Thanks again Smiley

You're right, this is a nice city - I love the little ironwork balconies and  the art nouveau style, and those ceramic tiles with pictures on them on the old houses... They've polished up the Atomium, by the way, it was really shiny and pretty when I last saw it (complete with little lights in the evening).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Servilla
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007 03:32:46 AM »

Hi.

1. Last week I was on the flea market in "Marolles" in Brussels! It was great! You can find there old vintage clothes, sewing machines...
The flea market is taking place every single day.

2. I was in a "Veritas" - store in Lige. Really a great store, and i   extraordinary cheap. If you visit Belgium watch out for one.

Greets.
Servilla
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Echelon
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007 07:04:13 AM »

Hey everyone,

Ive just moved to Brussels from the UK so this thread is a godsend for me thank you Smiley I don't knit (I salute all of you that can....i just get in a muddle and give up!) so i'd be interested to know where the dress material or general arts and craft shops are? I was pretty blessed in Cardiff where i've just moved from but in the move i had to sacrifice most of my supplies so i'm having withdrawl symptoms Sad

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
szybcia
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012 04:10:58 AM »

Refreshing an old topic Smiley
In Brussels for few years now, and only a newbie crafter, but I can share a couple of store finds Smiley

Chien Vert - fabrics
http://www.chienvert.com/
Rue du Chien Vert 2
1080 Bxl

They have three shops in 2 localisations (next to each other).
1, is for fabrcis for home deco, they do some projects etc.
2, is for general fabrics. Big choice, nice staff to help.
3, the most amazing for me, is the puce de chien vert - leftovers. From teh little scraps laid down in the baskets, to big leftovers, you can buy fabrics half price. Choice is huge, so in most cases you'll find what you need. This shop is like everyday Christmas Smiley

Ava - party, diy deco, paper
Koolmijnnenkaai 80-82
1080 Bxl
The same street as Chien Vert, just further along the canal. They sell... a lot. Great if you want to make your own party - they have big choice of disposable dishes and cutlery and all the deco you can think of. All the supplies to create your own invitations, but also wooden structures for decoupage, all the supplies for decorating (stickers, glues, inks, stamps, paints, name it). If you're into that stuff, you just gotta go and see for yourself, it's amazing.

What I could not find in here is... mod podge. Anyone knows where I can look? I will ask at Ava (I don't remember if I did, actually), but Brico was a fail. I finally got a special paint for photo transfer (this is what I needed mod podge for), but I prefer the original product - since it's so much more versatile.. and cheaper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Hair Bump Part 2/2
How to Make a Fish Braid
How to Make a Hair Bump Part 1/2
How to Grow Out a Bad Haircut
How to Get Volume
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...