A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Limbo board  (Read 12856 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2007 08:22:52 AM »

Our rules and the Limbo Board shouldn't be stressful to anyone.  Well, they are to moderators, when folks swear at us, but we're like ducks & let it roll off. Grin

Limbo isn't a punishment and if/when someone receives our PM asking them to edit their post, it's not sent to them with any harsh or awful inclinations.  We don't keep a list of how many times a member has made an honest mistake, been moved to Limbo, etc.  No one has a grade card or a ruler out waiting to smack a hand. Cheesy

It's just Limbo...a place to store posts until we can get 'em all squared away and released back into the wild.  Think of it as in-patient recovery.  We're nursing posts until they're 100% healthy and then they're released. Cheesy Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2007 08:26:07 AM »

So I could link to my blog, if I cut & paste the entire post text here? That seems silly - as it makes the link redundant. I write alot about my projects, I thought it was nicer to those who don't craft the things I do - to just link, and let those who want to click over do so (and let those who aren't interested pass the link by.) Also, I'm much more personal on my blog - I don't know if I'd feel comfortable pasting all of it here - because I'm sarcastic, and it could easily be taken the wrong way here.

Thanks for your help, but I'm still really struggling with the line between A & P. Moving posts to the Limbo board is stressful, because it implies there's something unacceptable about my post, and I don't believe there was (even though I did edit to remove the link, to conform.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vanillaxlight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2007 08:26:40 AM »

hah then theres no need to link to the blog if youve already put all the info here! Thats what signatures are for Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

http://robotsinagrid.com
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2007 08:34:35 AM »

Think of limbo as a party stick. You just go under it, and there's a fun party on the other side.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
vanillaxlight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2007 08:34:56 AM »

hah! Nice analogy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

http://robotsinagrid.com
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2007 08:45:05 AM »

You don't have to copy & paste your entire blog entry here (unless you want to), but if you are linking and sending members to your blog where they can access the sarcasm anyway, then why not just post it here?

Would an example be helpful?
Don't do this... (this is just an example)
Ok..... so does half-completed count? LOL

I'm just so proud, cuz it only took me a little over a week, and I even added short-rows to it, so it wouldn't creep up (my butt, this is the back side.) Comments are always appreciated!

http://craftyginger.blogspot.com/2007/05/wip-wednesday-pleated-skirt.html

Thanks for looking!

Do this... (this is just an example)
Ok..... so does half-completed count? LOL

I'm just so proud, cuz it only took me a little over a week, and I even added short-rows to it, so it wouldn't creep up (my butt, this is the back side.)

I was inspired by this project http://knitandtonic.typepad.com/knitandtonic/2006/10/it_all_started_.html.

It's Blue Sky Alpacas Pleated Skirt pattern http://www.blueskyalpacas.com/pattern_detail.php?patterns_ID=51.  I got the pattern at Stitches Midwest.  The pattern was confusing at first, but http://www.knittinghelp.com/ helps a lot!

There is some more commentary and another photo on my blog here http://craftyginger.blogspot.com/2007/05/wip-wednesday-pleated-skirt.html

Comments are always appreciated!

Thanks for looking!

Now, let's just say that Blogspot's stocks crash fourth quarter of this year and they plummet into an awful and shattering demise.  Craftster, the awesome community that it is Grin, will still have a kick butt thread about your project and visitors won't be left with nothing but a dead link and the comfort in knowing that somewhere, a girl's butt is still covered by those few extra short-rows she added. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2007 08:49:14 AM »

I feel like the dividing line is easy if you think about this:

"Is my blog link the major source of information in my post?"  If the answer is yes, you need to provide more information in your post.  I know people (myself included) get a lot more wordy on their blogs, and we don't expect you to do that here if you don't feel like it, but your post should have enough information in it that if your blog went away tomorrow it wouldn't leave people confused and wanting more info.

I'm a long-time member of Craftster and it is, as a community, pretty important to me, so I know I may be a little defensive, but I'm actually somewhat hurt that people would be so... callous, I guess, about their posts here.  I feel like wanting to share with Craftsters should include being not-lazy enough to actually share HERE with Craftsters instead of expecting people to go read your blog.  But that's me as a member, not as a moderator.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
raina.storms
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2007 09:25:01 AM »

I just stumbled across this post, and I love this idea. This helps clarify the rules for me, anyway. I've reported a few posts, but now I have more info about what to report. Smiley  Oh, and I've had at least one post MODified. Heh! Tongue

As for people who get upset when mods alter their posts, I think those are the same people who will be upset when their post is moved to limbo. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2007 09:26:21 AM »

Thanks Sweets! Much easier to understand!

I'm not trying to be callous, Lothruin - it's just that the text in the rules left me wondering, and without a specific example to help me understand, it seemed like a very grey area to me; and I just don't like operating there. I want to know what's appropriate, and when I'm told what I've posted isn't appropriate, but not specifically why, or what to do about it - I get frustrated. I don't think I'm lazy about posting here, it's just that my time is limited, and to me (right now in my life,) my blog and my store are my priorities, and what I spend the majority of my free time on. Does that mean I can't come over here and post shorter versions of my projects, just because I don't have the time to go into depth? I certainly hope not. I'd like to think blogging and Craftster are both big enough communities that they can accept almost all forms of bloggers and crafters.

As for people who get upset when mods alter their posts, I think those are the same people who will be upset when their post is moved to limbo. Wink

Is this supposed to imply that I'm (or those people you're referring to,) overreacting? I don't mean to attack you, but your statement is very vague; and makes me think it's not ok to voice my frustration about a new system I don't yet fully understand. I think it's fair to be frustrated in this case. Sorry, if you think I'm overreacting some more.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007 09:29:44 AM by Fortune_32 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2007 09:30:16 AM »

You're welcome!  Just trying to help. Smiley

Maybe we could include an example in the Need to Know Guide (obviously a more generic one than I did here).  Lead by example, right?  It's an idea, at least.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
These Adorable Holiday Cookies Come With a Tasty Surprise
How to Make Delicious Vegan, Gluten-Free Brownies
KD101: How to Make the Perfect Holiday Red Berry Trifle
How to Make Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
How to Make Toasted Coconut Snowball Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...