A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,484
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Limbo board  (Read 13222 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2007 02:35:21 PM »

Cheesy you're too kind... thank you!

The E word, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2007 07:46:25 PM »

Eep! I accidentally reported a post that I thought was in the wrong board because I had two windows open, so I'm so very sorry if you see a post that shouldn't have been reported, because of my foolish mistake. Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2007 04:30:04 AM »

It's okies! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2007 08:35:23 AM »

So if there's no moderator message in the post, is it fixed?  I was looking through LIMBO (just to see what was there) and saw a post about a Burda pattern that seemed fairly normal to me, and was wondering why it was there.  The only thing that might have seemed out of the ordinary is that the picture is a link to her blog, but she only has 5 posts, so she can't post the picture the regular way anyway, right?   

So, I'm wondering, is it there because the link is to her blog, or has it already been fixed?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2007 08:37:11 AM »

Not necessarily.  It's not required that the moderator include the note in the top of the post because the directions are already included to the member in PM.

We've been experimenting with processes as moderators to make things more efficient/effective for us such as including the note, putting our username before a title, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2007 08:42:24 AM »

I was looking through LIMBO (just to see what was there) and saw a post about a Burda pattern that seemed fairly normal to me, and was wondering why it was there.  The only thing that might have seemed out of the ordinary is that the picture is a link to her blog, but she only has 5 posts, so she can't post the picture the regular way anyway, right?  

So, I'm wondering, is it there because the link is to her blog, or has it already been fixed?

As to why the particular thread you noticed is in Limbo, I would imagine it's because she linked to her blog and not to a picture.  You're right... she can't insert photos yet, but she can link to them.  She linked to a .html (her blog), not a .jpg, gif, etc. (images).  If you visit her blog and right-click on the image, you'll see the .jpg address she could link with.

I'm not 100% sure, as I was not the moderator who worked with that thread, but that's my best guess. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2007 08:47:17 AM »

Oh, and there's not really any project information shared in the post.

Promoting your informational blog or website

Links to your blog or website should only be used to supplement or augment your Craftster posts. Projects posted here should include pictures and details and not just consist mostly of a message directing people to your website for more information about a project. (Remember that blog or website links are also allowed in signatures.)

There's a lot on the blog though...review, alterations, recommendation.  So hopefully some of that will be pulled over to the post. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2007 07:50:39 AM »

I still can't get anyone to define for me what's "Promoting" vs "Augmenting"...

So I can link to a picture on Flickr, but not back to a blog page where I write all of the project details??? Is it EVER ok to link back to my blog? Or do I just assume since I've been linking back to my blog for almost every post I've made for the last year, that ALL of those posts are now in violation of "Promoting" myself? I'm really confused about this, and can't get a real answer. When IS it ok to link back to my blog? How much text do I have to have in the post for the link to be "Augmenting" and how little is "Promoting"Huh

Or do I just have to link to the Flickr pics, and hope someone might click through those pages (Flickr allows blog links in the text description) - instead of asking a question here, or on Flickr, that I may have already answered on the blog post?

I really hope someone can help me, I'm super confused and a little irritated. I thought it was OK to self-promote here - as long as you weren't promoting sales. I can't even tell you how many blog friends I've made, who linked through Craftster, and if I didn't see the links here - in the posts - not Signature links - I'd have never found them. But, it's ok to put 20+ pictures in your posts, but not one little link?

Someone please help me out. I feel like nobody cares about how these new rules affect those who are just trying to share projects, without having to cut&paste or write up the details twice. I just feel like without definition, the line between "Augmenting" and "Promoting" seems very arbitrary to me, and noone's done anything except link me to the new rules (which I've read - and still don't get the line between those 2 concepts.)

I wasn't trying to do anything but share my project, and hopefully get some comments. Honestly I don't care if they leave them here or my blog, but there's lots more people here than read my blog, so I come over and cross post sometimes. If I can't link to my blog at all, I may just not come back. I'm NOT fishing for any sales! Blatantly, or subtley- I'm just too lazy to write up all those details twice!

I know running a community this big is hard, and I'm not trying to knock anyone - I just want to know what the rules are, and if I can't get a CLEAR definition, I can't exist here. I can't wonder all of the time if I'm breaking the rules, it's too stressful, and not worth it to me. Someone please help me out. Please.

(Oh, and I had a few project details in my post, but I guess just a few sentences aren't enough to qualify my link as augmenting? I'm so flipping confused.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2007 08:03:36 AM »

Did you describe your project in detail?
Did you give details such as what you used to make the project, what technique or a tutorial?
Did you include pictures?

Saying "I made this because I was bored" or "Look what I made!" (I'm not saying that's what you said, I'm just giving examples) are NOT equivalent to sharing project details and photos here.

There cannot be a clear line as to what is "sharing" and what is not.  Every project is different.  I could tell you that you have to list exactly what kind of yarn was used, but that wouldn't very well apply to a project about someone making a table.

You are allowed to post blog links ALONG with sharing a project AND pictures here.  You are NOT allowed to post a link to a site (blog, Etsy, etc.) where the project is for sale.

If everyone just put 3 sentences that hardly even described their project, no photos and a link to another site, Craftster would not be a sharing community.  Craftster would be a link database.  If a member discontinues their blog or website with additional information in a year, then Craftster would be nothing but a link database with broken links.

I understand and care about your frustration, but you also have to look at this from our point of view.  If no one is sharing their projects HERE, then Craftster is basically null as a community.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2007 08:09:51 AM »

I wasn't trying to do anything but share my project, and hopefully get some comments. Honestly I don't care if they leave them here or my blog, but there's lots more people here than read my blog, so I come over and cross post sometimes. If I can't link to my blog at all, I may just not come back. I'm NOT fishing for any sales! Blatantly, or subtley- I'm just too lazy to write up all those details twice!

Sorry for the additional reply.  I meant to include this in my previous reply...

We do care though.  If all we are doing is providing a place for people to click links to other sites and leave comments there, then how is that encouraging our community to grow and thrive?  Craftster is not just a link system or bulletin board.  It's a community and it's also a website that provides Leah with an income.

You don't have to write up all the details twice.  Highlight that page in your blog, right-click, select Copy, come here, select Paste.  It's actually quite fast and you would be including A LOT more information in your project posts here than you have previously. Smiley  If you have *additional* pictures on your blog, then include your blog link in your post, too.  That's all we're asking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Portrait Retouching with Photoshop Elements - Touching Up Flaws
How to Wow: Best of Photoshop CS2 with Jack Davis
Portrait Retouching with Photoshop Elements - Sample 2
Portrait Retouching with Photoshop Elements - Sample 1
5 Minute Portrait Retouch By Matt Kloskowski
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...