A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 305,018
Currently Running With Scissors:
383 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Headbands or Hair Bands?  (Read 8935 times)
Tags for this thread: headband  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frix220

BRAND NEW-- frix220.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2007 09:29:27 AM »

also, and this is for everyone out there, how much would you be willing to pay for one of these? if i do sell them, i would probably price them at $8 each or 2/$12...is that too high? too low?

Hellga, your bandana-headband is rockin! I love it. As far as selling them- I think $6-8 sounds pretty good  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frix220

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2007 10:03:31 AM »

WhooHoo!! After not getting along with my sewing maching for several days.. I just whipped this baby up in like 10 minutes. I needed something to wear to work today.. and am verrry pleased with my result. Thanks so much for the hair elastic idea, the_bees_knees!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

meganlorraine
-Meg

Do what you like: Like what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2007 04:30:20 AM »

Hopefully the costume shop i'm working at this summer has a scrap bag I can raid cause I think I need some of these. *plots menicingly on taking over costume shop... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need bottle cap earrings with pictures of my kitty. Will swap anything for them!!!!!!

Pinterest- http://pinterest.com/meganlorraine/

I love personal swaps and would love some help making quilt squares. Let me know if you're interested!
Hellga
Shiny and Cool!

^ Dumbo Octopus ^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2007 10:10:25 AM »

just a tip for everyone else, as far as length goes, if you cut a fat quarter lengthwise into 4 pieces, they're exactly the right width and length, both!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the unofficial craftster chat! Click Here! Alternatively, using IRC, join server irc.aniverse.com and then join the #craftster channel!
Personal Swaps: I am looking for wool yarn for crocheting and felting. Want to swap?
baby-bumblebee
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2007 06:25:46 AM »

Great idea to both the girls who thought of this. I send my DH a copy of the tut from the other poster. I cannot wait to make one for me. I also have crazy thick hair that is unrully at times and I needed something cute to tame it. Reg. headbands cause me to get major headaches.

Amy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my very first blog!

http://sassy-pixie.blogspot.com/
yayapapaya
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2007 08:13:21 AM »

those are super cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the_bees_knees

Artist, Illustrator, & Maker Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2007 08:30:28 AM »

Amy: That's exactly why I made these. Plastic or metal headbands that stop at the ears give me awful migraines, so I had to come up with something that was as cute but not as painful. Definitely give this a try. They are very comfortable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stephielou
Ohio Uber Alles!

"She ain't no riot grrrl, just a riot"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2007 09:55:59 AM »

i'm totally gonna make some of these for myself! the main change i'm gonna make, though, is i'm gonna use a velvety material for the inside, cause that keeps the headband from slipping back (i had one like that in high school). plus, then, you can reverse it to pretty velvet for a special evening out!

I have the same problem - my hair is stick straight, fine, and really "slippery," for lack of a better word, so headbands eventually slide off the back of my head (this is NOT a good look, trust me).

Here's a tip I learned from a friend in high school who did this to keep his kippah on securely - stitch in some velcro! Make sure to use the rougher "hook" side, not the softer "loop" side. The hooks grab the hair nicely and keep everything in place. Here's one of mine:

It's got a piece of velcro sewn in near each temple. Just make sure to have it around your neck before you brush your hair, then slide it back.

I will be switching to ponytail elastics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezzyloo
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2007 06:49:30 PM »

i'm totally gonna make some of these for myself! the main change i'm gonna make, though, is i'm gonna use a velvety material for the inside, cause that keeps the headband from slipping back (i had one like that in high school). plus, then, you can reverse it to pretty velvet for a special evening out!

I have the same problem - my hair is stick straight, fine, and really "slippery," for lack of a better word, so headbands eventually slide off the back of my head (this is NOT a good look, trust me).

Here's a tip I learned from a friend in high school who did this to keep his kippah on securely - stitch in some velcro! Make sure to use the rougher "hook" side, not the softer "loop" side. The hooks grab the hair nicely and keep everything in place. Here's one of mine:

It's got a piece of velcro sewn in near each temple. Just make sure to have it around your neck before you brush your hair, then slide it back.

I will be switching to ponytail elastics!

These are awesome ideas! I need me some headbands Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dizzydragonfly
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2007 06:51:40 PM »

I have slippery hair as well...I can save a few head bands hiding in a drawer because they would not stay on and I couldn't bear to part with them.

Thanks!!!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The crafter formerly known as jesssf!

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.   - Eleanor Roosevelt

http://dizzydragonfly.blogspot.com

Wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pizza Quesadillas
How to Make Pizza Pinwheels
How to Make Mac and Cheese in a Rice Cooker
Savory French Toast BLT Recipe
Old-Fashioned Cheeseburgers
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...