A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,550
Currently Running With Scissors:
298 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fiber Friday 5/4  (Read 6715 times)
Tags for this thread: fiber_friday  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mistress_batty
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Batty Bat Bat

happy hookin' mistress

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2007 08:39:27 PM »

sorry I'm a day late....I didn't have time to get to the computer yesterday...but...I have four finished skeins to share!

for the love of Lisa Frank

sea shells

cherry sundae

pansy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HunterJumper33
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2007 08:57:12 PM »

I finally have something new to post!!! after 16 oz of fiber i get to do something new...

first attempt at coils i really like them a lot. I want to do a super coil next.

some roving i found last night while cleaning my room.  I cant wait to get started with them:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop Rosemary Lane Design: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RosemaryLaneDesign
vanillaxlight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2007 08:59:42 PM »

.... You just mysteriously FOUND roving while cleaning? Wish I could do that! I do occasionally find things, but not roving. I seem to be mysteriously running out of roving... Im pretty sure my wheel eats half of it when Im not looking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

http://robotsinagrid.com
100Bean
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2007 03:45:44 AM »

Hi guys - sadly, I've been packing boxes for my upcoming move so I haven't been able to spin at all for over a week (aka: too dang long) and I haven't taken pictures of what I do have finished. But I did get Pluckyfluff's "Handspun Revolution" for my birthday and now I'm dying to get some time with my wheel! I hope to join in next week again.

This week's Fiber Friday was amazing - I'd point out my favorites, but there's no point, every single one is absolutely stunning! I love how colorful everything is, and all the lovely textures! Oops, I've starting drooling again. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Spazzy
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2007 11:30:06 AM »

I had to post again on this week's fiber friday to say mistress I love your For the Love of Lisa Frank  Cheesy  I miss Lisa Frank lol and that yarn is surely reminiscent of my childhood filled with trapper keepers and glitter stickers  Roll Eyes

And vanilla I will surely be at the MI meetup! I hope to meet your new wheel and see your lovely new creations!  Tongue  I sure should've taken that class, only 3 people!  I so sad Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://delainie.etsy.com -- Life is too short to be uncomfortable!

the sun is up, the sky is green, wishin my life could be just a dream --Greensky Bluegrass
mistress_batty

Batty Bat Bat

happy hookin' mistress

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2007 12:16:17 PM »

I had to post again on this week's fiber friday to say mistress I love your For the Love of Lisa Frank  Cheesy  I miss Lisa Frank lol and that yarn is surely reminiscent of my childhood filled with trapper keepers and glitter stickers  Roll Eyes

lol Exactly the feeling I was going for. One day I was looking at this wool I had dyed...hanging there drying and for some reason all these memories of Lisa Frank came to me. lol I bet I still have stickers and stationary back at my parents house left over from elementary school. lol  Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HunterJumper33
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2007 12:36:19 PM »

.... You just mysteriously FOUND roving while cleaning? Wish I could do that! I do occasionally find things, but not roving. I seem to be mysteriously running out of roving... Im pretty sure my wheel eats half of it when Im not looking.

this is a first time for me. My wheel does seem to eat a lot of my roving, kind of like the sock monster that lives in the dryer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop Rosemary Lane Design: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RosemaryLaneDesign
patchworkarmy

Goin where the water tastes like wine...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2007 11:00:14 PM »

ok. for those interested, I found the instructions on making the perfect size light tent here: http://www.pbase.com/wlhuber/light_box_light_tent
I'll try to elaborate more on my blog in the next couple days. I'm itchin to spin up that minty roving I dyed. (KEEPING that one!hehe) But I might be busy as I just made an etsy sale. woohoo! =0) OK. enough bragging.
And dude. Lisa Frank. All. The. Way!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vanillaxlight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2007 11:04:40 PM »

Make blog also has a good tutorial for a light box. I just made one using it so I could actually photograph my yarn well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

http://robotsinagrid.com
patchworkarmy

Goin where the water tastes like wine...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2007 04:48:55 PM »

Make blog also has a good tutorial for a light box. I just made one using it so I could actually photograph my yarn well.
makes a huge difference, doesn't it? I'm so excited, I had a HUGE yarn/fiber photo shoot all willy nilly right after I finished mine. (which consisted of slapping the pieces together. I didn't use the screws, or glue)

Everything just seems to have better color and shape without using the flash. And dude, digital cameras rock since you can take a million pix and just keep the best ones! =0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Highlight Long Hair
How to Manage Long Hair in the Heat
How to Do a Low Ponytail
How to Wash Long Hair
How to Grow Very Long Hair Faster
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...