A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yuzawaya or other craft store question....  (Read 1885 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ndr1017
« on: May 03, 2007 03:50:48 AM »

Hello all,
This is my first post here.  I am new to Japanese crafts.  I have found that I love Oshie.  Kurumie, or oshie, is another traditional Japanese art (or craft) form that uses padded pieces of fabric or paper.

Can you tell me does Yuzawaya carry the kits to do this art form?  Also right now I am currently in Misawa (moving at the end of the year to Yokosuka area).  Someone mentioned Tokai in Hachinohe.  Would that craft store carry it as well?

Thanks in Advance for your help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iggieb3t
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007 02:42:18 AM »

Hi !
There used to be a store in white pole road that used to sell Oshi-e kits - it was called Nakashio Souvenir Shop. They seem to have temporarily closed or moved elsewhere (I don't know where though) for the american village construction.

As for Yuzawaya carrying Oshi-e kits - yes I think they do - you have to ask a Japanese friend to help you out with your purchase on the web.

Craft Tokai in Hachinohe - stocks a few but not that much - maybe too few. Nakashio in Misawa used to carry a lot as I also bought a few from them.

I purchase most of my Oshi-e kits from Tanaka Washi Company when I go to Sapporo or Tokyo (Asakusabashi) - but they also sell online.

If you check with the other craft store "Olive" in Misawa at white pole road - they might be able to order them for you - I would suppose they would have some sort of catalogue on hand that you can choose from (any old catalog will do as there are rarely new designs).

If I have time - I will check for you where Nakashio Souvenir shop has moved - the lady in the shop speaks English very well too.

I hope that helps.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vegetarian Saag Aloo Recipe
Regional Chinese Food and Cooking
How to Cook Lemon Chicken
How to Make Dried Tofu Fried With Celery
California Sushi Roll Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...