A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,757
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WANT TO START RECYLE FOR THE ARTS PROJECT  (Read 10382 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

indie anna 58
"I am for an art that is political-erotical-mystical, that does something other than sit on its @ss in a museum." Claes Oldenburg

No Beefcake Without Irony

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2004 01:38:19 PM »

Argh...sorry all

I got really sick so the zine fair came and went

I suck!!!

No worries. Get well soon!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Glitter on the mattress
Glitter on the highway
Glitter on the front porch
Glitter on the hallway
-LoveShack/The B52s
chikki sixx
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2005 10:05:17 AM »

wow, what a great idea.  I would love to be involved as well!  Keep me posted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lexis
dreamer

waist deep

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2005 06:54:38 PM »

Check out these stores in Vancouver: you may be able to google it and get a write up or something- sorry theres no websites, but they are small. and very independent.

RubyDog's Art House -4738-Main St.
Art room, Workshops, Reading room, Bulk shopping of recycled materials, and goodies -
email for info: rubydogcrafts@hotmail.com

Urban Source
Main Street (sorry i dont know more-)

The Hidden City Collect n' Consign-4333 Fraser Street
hiddencity@telus.net

I know there used to be a place called 'Imagination Market' in Edmonton... but thats all i know out here in the west.
Hope it helps for info. I know the woman who runs rubydogs basically trades internationally for a lot of her things. Good ol' internet. Makes the world smaller.
Good luck
THIS ROCKS   Logged

simplytreasured
Trish

http://www.funkyfunctionalart4u.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2005 10:41:04 AM »

I think this is a wonderful idea.  I wish all cities had them.  I am in Guelph but would definately be interested in anything I can do. Email me at tlaffrenere@sympatico.ca Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetie pie press
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2005 09:12:47 AM »

this is a great global resource i found recently: http://www.freecycle.org

it is not limited to the arts but boils down to this: you give things away for free and get things for free - no checks and balances, just giving and recieving.

there is a group just about everywhere.

now, i happen to know that the toronto group just went haywire - the moderator got in an argument with the organisation and hijacked all the members to her own group (kind of weird) - but freecycle is rebuilding in toronto. so don't let the low numbers here discourage you, there were over 6,000 earlier this week and the numbers will rebuild.

also, these are yahoo groups so the number of emails you get can be overwhelming to some so it is important to know that once you join you can go to the yahoo page and ajust your membership so you only get messages by cruising the archive on the site.

does this make sense?

if not, check it out. you'll figure it out.

becky
the sweetie pie press
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bhean
Fairly goth mother

believing is seeing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006 06:19:07 AM »

Have you made any headway in this cool project.  I was wondering if there was anything in Toronto since I have a TON of stuff that I washoping to donate, but it doesn't look like there are any art material recycling programs in the city.  Let me know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wistiness.... www.wists.com/bhean
twinks
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2006 09:52:27 PM »

Hi.  Check out Toronto Board of Education...they used to have a 'store' for teachers called ARTSJUNKTION...may still be in progress, but a super model for this endevour.  Also check out RESTORE - in many cities now, takes reno left overs, overstock etc etc and sells them cheap with all profits to organizations building homes for those who can't afford proper accomodation.  Also, open your yellow pages book, go section to section and pull out company names that may have offcuts, ends of lines etc etc, you'll end up with enormous resources and suppliers...and if you talk pretty, you may get them to give you further ideas on who to call.  I was an art teacher until last June (retired early to be an artist full time) and getting only $6 per student per SEMESTER required all these tricks...and the kids made fabulous stuff!!!!  Got lots of recycle project ideas for anyone who is interested.  cheers all
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fishinabowl
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007 01:12:03 PM »

** Someone already posted about arts junction but here is a little more about it ***

This reminds me of a project in Toronto as Ossington Old Orchard public school.
It was open to teachers and teaching staff across the Toronto board.
Basically it was a basement of a school filled with donated materials from companies like piping, cones, strange non sharp computer  parts like wiring.
It was really cool because there was fabric as well and may things teachers could use in the classroom to make projects creative. It was all free of charge to teachers + staff only!

I thought i would let you know about this because maybe you could look into how they recieved all the donations/managed the place.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007 01:15:49 PM by fishinabowl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A sushi chef meets a kung fu fighter.. it was a violent cook off.
Crafty Kits
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008 04:16:00 PM »

What is the program?  Sounds very interesting, please keep me informed I would like to help and be involved if I can help.

Kind Regards,
Laurie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyLadyLiz
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010 02:57:14 PM »

I would be interested in this.  I always have leftover materials that I would love to donate to a good home, someone who could use them.  I also have completed projects with no-one to give them to.  I just used up some left over materials.  I have been thinking of donating them at Christmas.  I am also thinking of taking all my left over materials and making craft kits to donate but this could definately be a possiblity.

If any assistance is needed, let me know.  I have a website I can post on.  I could also probably get some advertising at a local community College.

CraftyLadyLiz
http://www.elizanne.ca/

THIS ROCKS   Logged

elizanne handcrafted treasures
www.elizanne.ca
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Nonsurgical Ways to Boost Your Booty
2013 Emmys Fashion Predictions Revealed
Cara Delevingne Models Topshop For London Fashion Week
New York Fashion Week Spring 2014 Highlights: Sporty Trends
NYFW Spring 2014: How Top Models Party Post-Fashion Week
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...