A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,143
Currently Running With Scissors:
451 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: May 2007 Birthday Swap (SIGNUPS 05/02/07-05/31/07) *CLOSED*  (Read 6988 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

steen
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007 03:22:54 PM »

Happy birthday everyone! I'm krissy and my birthday is on May 8th. I will be 28. Smiley I'm from ontario, canada.

DIY/kits -
- a how to kit for learning to knit. I'm a beginner but i'm finding it more frustrating then crocheting (thanks Modern Janis!!)
- shrinky dink kit (thanks Modus Operandi!)
- any other diy kits ( I love learning new crafts)

Supplies-
-japanese/kimono fabrics or any other fun fabrics- scraps are most welcome as well
-cotton or wool yarn any colour
- eyes for amigurumi! I can only find like a gazillion googly eyes at my local craft store but none for bear/amigurumi making!
-plastic canvas - any size/shape
- purse handles - any size/shape/colour
- zippers around 4" long
- hair pins with platforms
- altoid tins
- fun stickers (Thanks Velvet Rose!)
- funky buttons

Sewn/knit/crochet-
- pillows for my couch - my old ones died. My couch has browns, tans and a bit of orange in it. Even just the cases for it, I can
stuff or shove my own pillow stuff into it
- some of those menstral cloth pads. Ive been wanting to try them for awhile now
-ron's animal cracker hat from Harry potter. I know winter has passed but I would still love to get one of these for next winter
- lunch bag- big enough to have sandwich containers sitting at the bottom etc
- knitted arm warmers preferable in black
- a funky wallet or change purse

random-
- a magic yarn ball!
- Amigurumi patterns
- Any Japanese craft books or magazines
- any crochet or knitting magazines
- I love flavored lip balm - I am always looking for new ones (handmade or store)
- a how to kit for learning to knit. I'm a beginner but i'm finding it more frustrating then crocheting
- jewelery - i love stars and medievel inspired stuffs ( i prefer gold toned over silver but Silver toned would be alright to )
- your favorite thing to make!

-A surprise!

About me: Im a soon to be 28 year old who has lives in Ontario, Canada. I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with the rest of my life but love to design things. I love learning new techniques and new things. Thats probably why I can't seem to focus on one area of crafting - I keep jumping from one thing to another as my imagination keeps turning.  I really like dark colours and earth tones (browns, greens, blacks) but also have a love for the colour orange and silver. I love stars, dragons, all the old 80's cartoons that I grew up with (scooby, smurfs, Jem, Rainbow brite!). I really have a love for medievel movies and anything inspired by it. Some of my favorite movies are Harry Potter, Lotr, labryinth, the GOONIES!.

I really am not hard to please. I'm sure I will love anything that anyone decides to make for me.  Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to craft for me. Hope you all have a great birthday!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007 11:47:14 AM by steen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

piratetreasure
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007 10:15:38 AM »

Happy Birthday, May Babies!

Thanks for participating in this swap, it's going to be so fun!  I just turned the big 3-0 on May 1st.  I live in NYC, actually in Queens.  I am surrounded by tons of cultures and love exploring different cuisines (at least those that are veggie-friendly).  I work in the nonprofit sector and can't imagine doing anything else.  Craftwise, I love to crochet.  For my birthday my honey got me a sewing machine -- woohoo!  I'm also interested in exploring resin jewelry making and I dabble in polymer clay.  My favorite colors are black, pink & purple, though I'm getting ready to re-do my bedroom in zen/earth tones, mainly browns and deep oranges. 

Wishlist:

Supplies:
 - Sewing patterns (XL- No skirts please)
 - Summer-y crochet patterns
 - Fabrics from around the world
 - Any funky/unusual crochet supplies (cool hooks, out of the ordinary yarn, hand made yarn, etc)
 - How-to kit for resin jewelry (I already have some of the materials, but I need guidance and inspiration)
 - kit/supplies for urban vegetable/flower gardening

Stuff:
 - T-shirt with a diety on it (real or imaginary).
 - A Hand-made mug
 - Burnt orange bolster pillow for a double bed
 - Other pillows/pillow covers in the zen/earth tone color family
 - Artwork for a zen bedroom
 - Anything with Buddha on it ---Thanks AlteredMommy!
 - Something with a social justice theme
 - Desk set for my new cubicle at work
 - Office-appropriate artwork (for a cubicle)
 - Your favorite thing to make Thanks Steen!
 - Your favorite vegetarian recipes (or a cookbook)---Thanks shurlygurl!
 - Something inspired by the L-Word or Heroes

- a Surprise!

Can't wait!
Thanks,
PirateTreasure
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007 04:22:59 AM by piratetreasure » THIS ROCKS   Logged
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007 11:22:54 AM »

Happy Birthday May babes!!  I just turned 44 on May 2 and I'm from northern Alberta, Canada.

my wishlist:

* a needle-felting kit

* some of your favorite art supplies (paint, markers, glue whatever)

* funky fabric like Alexander Henry's tattoo or day of the dead

* sublime stitching patterns or kits

* small purse-size plastic dollar store kleenex holders that open up with a mirror inside, I'd love at least 5 but will take what I can get as I can't find these anywhere

* a crochet or knit grocery tote bag, any colour

* a purse any size/style, sewn, knit, felted, book/cigar box whatever you like - I LOVE handmade purses! Thanx steen!!!

* a fabric wallet in a fun print

* a charm-type or cha-cha bracelet, silver tones with any colour of beads

* foreign language small print book pages especially Spanish, Greek, Russian (I have lots of French and German pages)

* a calorimetry - I love these but the instructions are waaaay over my beginning knitter's head Thank-you Shuffar!!

* a hipslinger http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=31379.msg264494#msg264494

* some original art made by you

* I'm looking for photos of cool red doors from other places (from my travels I have Mexico, the Netherlands and Victoria Canada), something that shows the whole door in a normal print size.  Actually any nifty architectural type photos would be great!

* a jar/box/bag of whimsys - charms, little figures, random bits and  whatever that I can use in my collages and shrines Thank you PimpernelSmith!!

* a surprise!!! Thanks again to Shuffar, can't wait!!

About me, I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids, married for a looooong time.  I'm a survivor of leukemia via stem cell transplant 4 years ago, so I LOVE to see my birthday every year Grin  I dabble in lots of crafts - knitting, pottery, sculpy, even a little sewing but my primary love is mixed media/altered art.  Lots of collages, ATC's and altered objects.  Right now I'm obsessed with shrines (and ravens, skeletons/skulls, Paris.......)  I like retro, funky coloured prints, bright colours, silver jewelry, my favourite colours are red, orange,green and brown.  When I'm not at my messy work table, I enjoy traveling the big wide world, indulging in my magazine obsession, and craftster of course!

Thanks to anyone who fulfills a wish for me and Happy Birthday to all the May babes!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007 12:07:33 PM by alteredmommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap Winter Market Discussion opening in mid September!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
domUNIQUE
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007 02:48:29 PM »

A tiara!!
like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=122318.0
but maybe more diamondy/sparkly
but the same understated, vintage, but pretty feel

Stencil (Clothing) Kit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yarn Spinning Kit (with drop spindle)

Perfume Making Kit (I love natural scents like patchouli and vanilla!)

shrinkydink accessory kit

Soap Making Kit

patchouli essential oil

unique handmade jewelry

a cute, plain, carryeveryday, roomy summer bag

Handmade/Dyed or Unique Yarn (no acrylic or novelty)

recent Knit.1 magazines I am in love, but dont have ANY!

Purse handles (I love the ones on this site, esp. the wood!)  http://www.tallpoppycraft.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22

Framed photographs of yarn/knitting!

cute appliqued hoodie

jar of buttons and notions!

a suprise!

sublime stitching kit or book

a girly corset.

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR CHOOSING ME!

About me:  I am a 14 (TURNING 15 on MAY 20TH!) year-old girl living in suburban Pennsylvania.  My crafts are knitting and crocheting, but I would love to learn more!  I love singing, acting, and occasionally dancing.  I have been categorized as girly and a drama queen.  I knit and crochet, each for about a year now.  I think I might be addicted to craftser.org.  I enjoy reading, shopping, and fashion.  When I get older, I would love to travel ANYWHERE, but especially to Paris, as I excel in French class.  My favorite color is purple and I enjoy modern, clean, but still funky styles. and sometimes kitsch. I love chocolate and have no allergies.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007 11:55:23 AM by domUNIQUE » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out what's on my needles at www.beingdomUnique.wordpress.com

And what's off of them at www.designedbydomUnique.etsy.com
Modus Operandi
Paint Hussie

handpainted and repurposed vintage items

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007 07:52:06 AM »

Happy Birthday Everyone!

Anything inspired by my wists: www.wists.com/modusoperandi

You can have a look at my profile for some of my favorite projects posted on Craftster made by other people.

How to kits:
-soap making
-Altoid tin altering
-Resin jewelry making
-Bath salts/bath bombs
-Silkscreening

Crafty things:
-any handbags, wallets, purses, totes: sewn, felted, appliqud Thanks heini!
-beaded necklaces- silver hardware
-headbands/hair scarfs: fabric
-stuffed deer, hedgehog, bird or Totoro
-Silk-screened or appliqud tee shirt or skirt (PM for sizes)
-ATC holder/binder/book THANKS Sarahdipity85!
-Swap journal
-Altered book
-Book purse
-Water bottle carrier (something that can go over your shoulder like a purse)
-A fabric sign for my etsy shop/something I can display at shows (PM me for my logo or shop info and colors)
-A fabric car organizer that goes over the seat, with pockets- my car is teal and the interior is dark grey
-A cute apron I can wear at craft shows (one that goes around the waist).

Supplies:
-Blank canvases- any size or shape
-Any paint brushes
-Any glass beads
-ATC supplies (blank cards, emphemera, doodads)
-Any vintage ribbon or buttons
-5X7 or 8X10 matboard
-Clipart books (one you can cut up, not on CD)

Other good things: I love peanut butter and chocolate, sweet tarts

-Surprise me! THANKS Sarahdipity85!

Things I like: pink, teal, brown, blues, light yellow, silver. Birds, geisha, deer, hedgehogs/porcupines, skunks, squirrels, chipmonks, jellyfish, trees, Japanese items, cherry blossoms. I like mod design and vintage styles. I love the style of zetti and unique art. My favorite artist is Salvador Dali. I love all things science!

Things I dont like:
gold, earrings, neon colors, clowns, gothic styles, smiley faces, tie-dye

About me: Hello! My name is Amie. I will be 24 on the 24th. I live in Michigan. Im not married yet, but Im getting there J My boyfriend and I have been together four and a half years. I hold a bachelor degree in criminal justice and am currently working on a degree in forensic chemistry. I work full time in security. I love to travel and take lots of pictures. I play guitar when I have time and enjoy painting and creating things when I can. Thanks to whomever chooses to craft for me!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007 04:11:25 PM by Modus Operandi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shops! http://www.enamor.etsy.com

enamorweddingshttp://www.enamorweddings.etsy.com

Pinteresthttp
shurlygurl
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007 12:15:14 PM »

I'll be 27 on May 25th, and I live in lovely historic Fredericksburg, VA.

It took me a couple of days to post my list because I could not think of anything specific that I wanted -.-  For some reason whenever someone says "What do you want for your birthday?" I completely draw a blank.  So here is the list I finally cranked out.  I hope it is varied enough >.<

~Fleece for spinning, I am just starting with a drop spindle I am making myself.
~Handspun and/or hand dyed yarn
~Unique knitting needles
~decent paintbrushes
~batik supplies
~Henna powder
~Knit Kit for Socks
~I would love a felted bag of some sort Thanks, kmac!
~A Needle roll
~I looove handmade soap, especially in spicy/herby scents
~A corset (ha!) Or corset making supplies. (I need a new one for work.)
~Stitch Markers (mmmmm)Thanks, RedMenace!
~Anything Renaissance or Fantasy related.
~Pretty beaded jewelry
~A Surprise!

I may never know what to say, but I am nearly always happy with whatever surprise I get Cheesy

I am a big scifi/fantasy geek.  I game (tabletop and pc). I love history. In my spare time (I've heard of such a thing) I like to read, knit, crochet, sew, and paint.  I also do Mehndi (henna body art) and face/body painting. Far better with henna than with body painting though.  I am very much a Gemini, with fingers in every pot.  Jack of all trades, master of none.
My favorite colors are purple and black, But I love earthy, jewel and bright tones as well.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007 06:04:29 PM by shurlygurl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kmac

kmac at art camp

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007 01:24:06 PM »

Hey Folks,
My name is Kathleen and I am going to be 49 this year.  I am very excited because that means just one more year until the big 50.  And I really like to celebrate those big birthdays in a big way.  I also like to celebrate the lessons learned, and experience gained by living almost a century.

Here is a list off the top of my head of things that I like.  But a great part of birthdays is being surprised so something not on the list you think I would like would be lovely.  (no food products please)

Knit socks size 9 to 11.  I could use socks in these colors: purple, green, red, pink, yellow, fall colors.  I am not a big fan of stripes but I love the ones a friend made out of variegated yarn. I also like socks with designs especially holiday designs, or day of the dead themed socks.

Jewelry: I am very theme oriented around holidays.  Have tons of Christmas and a lot of Halloween jewelry but would love day of the dead, Fourth of July, New Years, St. Patricks day, Thanksgiving.  I love fall themed jewelry especially fall leaves.
I like dangly earrings but also wear studs (nothing too heavy). For necklaces anything but chokers. Thanks so much for the earrings alwaysinmyroom - I love them

A shrug to go over summer dresses. Light colors, lavender, blue, green, cream

I would love you forever if you knit me this hedgehog. I have been in love with it for awhile but since I dont knit it has been unrequited love.
http://www.twoswansyarns.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=PJ-Hedgehog&template=project

Goddess art or jewelry. I love goddess images as evidenced by my WISTS http://www.wists.com/kmac These are just some of the images I have found.  If you have other images you like to use thats even better. I am looking forward to your package when ever it arrives shurlygurl

Supplies:

Day of the dead themed material

A bag of bits and pieces of wool yarn left over from your knitting or crochet projects.  ( I will use them in my felt making) Oh yeah velvet rose - and a surprise too! I like surprises

A good description of how to nuno felt.  (I have the roving and a piece of cheese cloth to experiment with but I am not really clear on the process)

Decent paintbrushes
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007 09:21:43 PM by kmac » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarahdipity85
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007 08:29:34 AM »

Hi all,

My name is Sarah and I will be turning 22 on the 15th!  I am a year away from getting my masters degree in Occupational Therapy.  I am from St. Louis, MO and have a yorkie named Lucy.  This is my first swap and I am very excited!

Here are some general things I like:
pink
teal
cream colored stuff
leopard print
shabby chic
vintage
hearts
anything girly or cute
silver

Wishlist of crafts:
hair barrettes
wristlet
cute little stuffies
bath/body stuff, lip balm, etc.
a pretty piece of jewelry (my bracelets are usually 7 inches)
a surprise!  your favorite thing to make Thank you alteredmommy!

Wishlist for supplies:
skeleton keys (searching everywhere!)
charms, pearls, beads, findings, toggle clasps
craft mags or books
cool cardstock Thank you alteredmommy!
eyelets, punches, brads, etc. Thank you alteredmommy!
stickers Thank you alteredmommy!
rubber stamps

« Last Edit: June 05, 2007 02:20:09 PM by Sarahdipity85 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

catsjewelry

Beading is a way of life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007 07:28:19 PM »

Happy Birthday May Babes

Hi All,
  My name is Christine and I am going to be 26 on the 30th of may.I am from the St Louis area. I love photography and I am married to a wonderful man. I have a house full of furry children(none of the human kind unless you count my husband lol).

Here are a few general things
  my faveorite colors are blue, green, and purple
  I love being outdoors
  Horses
  crafting
  meeting new people.

Wish List
  a business card holder to carry in my purse
  a money pouch(with a zipper) for craft shows that I can put around my waist
  anything fantasy or japaneese themed
  amigurimi horse or unicorn
  surprise
Craft supplies
  fun fabric
  shrinky dink paper
  soap or candy molds
  beads
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007 07:30:35 PM by catsjewelry » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007 02:17:15 PM »

Hi, you can call me Coco, I turn 19 on May 22.  I live in USA.

This is not in any particular order, it is just some stood out to me more in my list, lol, but no matter what I get, I am always Grateful.

Want so much
1. A purse or Tote with Leehom Wang(Put in Google) face on it saying Not Your Average Thug
2. Quilt Blocks or Lots of Fabric (I am wanting these because I am working on a quilt)
3. Any Baby Made Item (I know a girl, kind of a friend, more of my sister friend, who is very young and just had a baby, and will probably appriecate any help.  All I know is that the Baby was born 6 pounds and something ounces and is a Girl.
4.  Few Records (You know the ones you play on a Record Player, don't care what kind of music it is, would just love some to play on my Record Player)
5. Purse (I am addicted to purses what can I say)

Rest of the list
6. Turtle (Anything that involves Turtles, because I love them) - TheSickRose is suppose to be doing this one, Thanks, in Advance.
7. Something with the robot from The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy (It is so cute, so I want something with that on it, a purse, or notebook or whatever)
8. Roseanne (From the TV Show, she Cracks me up, so anything that involves her.)
9. Swaorksi Beads (Don't know how to spell it, but would love some)
10.  Wool (I would love to make dreads or beads out of them)
11.  Neckaace Chains (Would like a few, I like making jewelry)
12.  Artwork (I have my own artwork up and would love start collecting others)
13.  Dolls (Don't matter if they are broken down or not, just would want it to revamp it.)
14.  Books (I love to read)
15.  Japanese/Chinese/Korean Related Craft item (Just No Food Please)
16.  Chunky Yarn (And I mean some Chunky Yarn, prefer Black or Burgundy)
17.  Make a Clock Kit (Always wanted to be able to do this)
18.  BottleCaps (I want to be able to make Jewelry with them)
19.  Clean Clear Jars (I want to make Captured Fairies with these)
20.  Circular Knitting Needles (I always wanted some)
21.  Craft Bag (I love to Craft, need somewhere to put it besides my purse)
22.  Fabric Paint
23.  Zipper Pouches (Make sure lined, by (s), I mean at least just only 2, no more than that)
24.  Wallet (I want to collect these)
25.  Business Card Holder
26.  Tote with Over The Rainbow written on it, and some kind of Anime Couple.
27.  Lots of Paint Brushes
28.  Candy Wrapper Purse
29.  Lots of Buttons
30.  Lots of Jars (Empty, would love it they were the size or near Baby Food Jars)
31.  Any Sailor Beads (I would love to use them for Jewelry I am making for My Etsy Shop)
32.  A Good size thing of Paint (Prefer Red, Blue, and Yellow)
33.  Se7en Related (Type in Google), He is a Korean Singer, anything with him on it, would love it.
34.  A Revamped Doll from You, I am starting to Collect these, so it be cool to have someone else Doll to add to my Collection.
35.  A Tote that says Something about Knitting (I just joined a Knitting Group, and I need something to hold my project in it.

*Hope list isnt that long, I think it gives a chance of having something on here someone could do, lol.  If you need me to list more I will.

I love anything that involves art and crafting. I m addicted to crafting. I love the color blue, mostly any kind.  I love the color Green, mostly any kind. I been liking the baby yellow, baby green, baby purples lately.  I love to read, books are like movies too me.

I live in Tennessee, USA.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007 02:27:47 PM by SoonFamo-Artiste » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 3/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 4/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 16/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 18/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 17/19
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...