A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 312,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Denyse Schmidt "Quilts"  (Read 1179 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: December 07, 2005 07:30:49 AM »

I would have never picked this pick up, b/c I can't quilt! But I love her no-nonsense, bold designs! This book rocks! It has helpful quilting instructions and kick-a$$ easy projects that even non-quilter can do! I got mine from the library and then ordered a copy for me to "hold" There are patterns for slippers, coasters, scarves, cards. I can't wait to use her book! This book rocks!

"If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, and magic bean buyer...
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin,
Come in, come in!" Shel Silverstein
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006 01:53:28 PM »

I got this book too, and I love it!  the designs are so much more 'modern' than most quilting books.  There is more than just 'quilting' in here, it's about making objects using patchwork.  I've been quilting & sewing for years, and yet I learned many new techniques with this book.  I will post when I finish some of the projects.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006 03:08:24 PM »

I flipped for this book, too. I'm not a quilter, but I was at B&N looking for a crochet book, and the craft section there is a mess, so everything was all jumbled together and I came across this book by accident. The designs are fabulous, and the instructions look so easy to follow. (And I agree that it's so much more than quilts.) I added it to my Amazon wishlist as soon as I got home!

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006 08:58:44 AM »

I had been coveting this book for ages but I try not to buy a lot of things so I was hoping it would come into the library or someone would buy it for me for Christmas. I kept going to the store and looking at it (and trying not to drool over the projects). Well, I wasn't very hopeful about getting it from my parents for Christmas (because it was only being sold in one bookstore in my city or they would have to order it) but my best friend who lives in Berkeley (I live in Canada) was at the book store one day and she saw it out of the corner of her eye and thought "this looks like Melanie" - Best Christmas Present Ever! The funniest part is, is that my friend didn't even know I wanted it - she's more a scientist than a craftster so we don't really talk about this kind of stuff and we were both so busy with school that we hardly had a chance to talk at all. Anyway, this story is probably way too long but I was just so happy when she got it for me and now that school is finished I can finally make something out of that book! Now my biggest wish is that we could get Denyse's fabrics in Canada!

Do Your Ears Hang Low?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007 11:59:23 AM »

I just got my copy of this book yesterday and I cannot put it down. I swear I've looked through it about 50 times! I cannot wait to get to the fabric store and make some of the stuff in this incredible book!

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Curly Hair to a Square Shaped Face
How to Style Thick and Wavy Hair to a Long Face
How to Style Coarse and Textured Hair to a Long Face
How to Match Coarse Textured Hair with a Square Face
How Style Straight Hair for a Heart Shaped Face
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...