A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Why party hats?  Today, we officially welcome our newest Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss to the team!  If you see them on the boards, congratulate them!
Total Members: 305,622
Currently Running With Scissors:
368 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 73
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat shop swap (SSS) round 9! Closed  (Read 64839 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: May 01, 2007 03:35:23 PM »

Here we go again, again!
In a nut shell the sweat shoppe swap is a grab bag style swap. Everyone crafts 5 like items, and in return you will receive 5 different items. Here are the details;

Swap name:Sweat Shoppe Swap Round 9 (SSS9)
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:javastain, GatorWrangler, serialcrafter
Sign-up date range:Now to May 16th
Date to send item by:June 4th

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO

Restricted to people who all live in the same country?NO

All ages allowed? yes

This next part is for me and the Mods...
[size=05pt]Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO [/size]

Details of swap:
~Each participant will make 5 like items. For instance, 5 crocheted cloche hats (varied colors or the same it doesn't matter), or 5 sets of hand painted beads.
~Each item/set should be the best representation of your work, and have an estimated retail value of between $7-$10 USD. If you have any doubt, post your item in the business discussion board and see what others there think. Or you may post in the sweat shoppe discussion thread http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=84367.0 ,
~ When sign ups close, I will ask everyone for a 'top picks list'. That list is a wish list, from the items that are offered, and there will be an effort to match to you, as many items on your list, the remainder of items will be randomly placed. The top picks list is due May 18th.
~We have a system for sending early; the master list of swappers will be color coded for those who are ready to receive items. When you are finished crafting, you will PM me, and I will change the color of your name on the master list to green, at that time you may send to any other green/ready person! I will also send out a check in PM for those who are not finished early, and at that time your status will be determined.
~ No DCN's are required, however, if a package fails to arrive, you will be required to send another, unless you save your receipt from the PO, and in that instance I will get an angel.
~ Feedback will be given when all 5 items are confirmed as received.
~ Positive feedback will be given for all people complying with the craftster swap guidelines. Late senders will be recorded in the comments section, as will poor communication. If I have to track you down, for confirming you have received or sent items, this is poor communication. When an item arrives at your door, you are expected to PM the sender of an item as well as GatorWrangler, and post in the gallery.
~ there are a lot of veteran sweat shoppers here, if you have any questions please feel free to ask your questions here OR you can PM me!
~ You may put your 'name in the hat' once (for 5 items) or twice (for 10 items)

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer (javastain):
Please note: this is an international swap. You may be partnered to send to people out of country.
please put SSS in the subject line!

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

~Name of swap; SSS9
~Craftster username
~Email address
~Your real name and Mailing address
~Please put my name in the hat ONCE/TWICE
~My item(s)/set is called; (think of something descriptively unique  )
~My sweat shoppe is; (this can be your etsy or other shop where people can find more of your goodies)

IMPORTANT NAMES TO REMEMBER!

co-organizers;
javastain~ feedback and general HR
GatorWrangler~ received items
serialcrafter~ sent items

TOP PICKS:
1) Please chose your top 5 (or 10 if you are in the hat twice)
2) list the crafter as well as the crafty item (try to use the names they have given their items, it helps me a lot!)
3) you may add a few extra's, at the end of the list, of items that you wouldn't mind having (if I can't match you with all of your top picks it may help!)
4) You may also list a few things that you can't make good use of (I have used these types of items as "extra's" in other swap packages giving credit to the sweat shop and original crafter OR as gifts for family! Business cards are great for this! Don't forget to add them to your packages if you have them!!!)
6)Don't send me your specific requests from the crafter (Like color or size) that goes to the crafter!
7) when the lists are posted you will send your address and preferences to the crafter!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2007 08:29:59 AM by javastain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007 04:11:23 PM »

Swappers:
*javastain ...... second time 'round recycled yarns
*GatorWrangler (X2) ……….. Photography prints and cards
*funthreads (X2) ……. summer fun set and magnetic clips
*hertrigger (X2) …….. fabric covered pocket mirrors
*ktlady (X2) ….. Batty bag and summer fun bag
*Avesthel (X2) …….. TLM zipper pouches and TLM hair elastic sets
*atsuko (X2) …….. Fun Fangled Fruit bracelet/anklet and Cheery cherry pendant
*Mlsocci74 (X2) …. Cute Bugs Notecard Sets with envelopes and Chocolate Milk Bath
*Avian Flight ……….. Green Apple Turtle Soaps
*little green dragonfly (X2) ………. Sesame Street Earings and Mouldy necklaces
*riario ……… purse accessories (a felt pin and pouch)
*serialdeviant ……… Tiny amigurumi turtle in a multi-purpose cave
*kishcrafts (X2) …. polymer clay charms customized into stitch markers, earrings, wine glass charms and cell phone charms"
*serialcrafter (X2) ………. Sublimely Stitched zippered pouch and Hippie Chick Hair clips
*Miss*Laurence (X2) ….. handmade felt hairslides  and Summertime brooches
*brideOFkniterstein (X2) …….. Hand-Knit Bath/Spa Set
*Homerof2 …….. Bags, Sewn by Cindy
*dragonslair (X2) …….. cuddly baby dragons and grab and go knitting/crochet travel accessories
*Muria ………… Beaded Barrettes
*AsphaltQueen ……. AQ's Puzzle Soaps
*foolily …. Bloomin' Headbands
*Christal1994 ….. painted fat quarters
*djsemira (X2) ….. spiral seedbeaded necklaces w. misc. pendants
*Eliea (x2) ……… Eliea's Crochet Stitch Markers
*porfavoray ….. Unicorn Tear bracelet
*knitting_nyxxie (x2) …… ~Adorn Yourself~
*eye_on_sparrow (X2) ….. Bandanna Aprons  and Petite Purses
*glittergirl94 (X2) …….. Kool Spring Yarn(hand dyed kool aid yarn) and Cozie my Techie(crochet phone/iPod cozy)
*penguino (X2) ……… felt bead bracelet and beaded ID badge holder/lanyard
*cyndiq (X2) …….. BIRDSNESTLACE pendant  and TWIGGYLACE pendant.
*chrissiemags (X2) …….. Naked No More Checkbook covers and
Travelin' tissue holder
*Sewinglori ….Japanese Needle Books   
*xladyluckx (X2) …. Kitschy Cushion - Canning Jar Pin cushion filled with buttons!
  and [/b]undecided
*roxybadoxy …. Roxy's swirly rings
*kacarrol   … Tree of Life Pendants
*simply … crocheted bookmarks
*chelleyf ……… Crystal headpin necklace & earring set
*Hollistercobabe (X2) ….Resin Pendant
*LuxieLou (X2) …. Stuck in Resin Pendants
*Redheadskydiver ………….Microscope slide pendant kit

« Last Edit: June 04, 2007 04:58:58 PM by javastain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

yep
serialcrafter

but I want to help!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007 07:38:55 AM »

Drumroll please.....

I present the SEND TO list,courtesy of the amazing Javastain!
Green = Sent
To see who has received, check out the sss9 gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=167782.0

Gatorwrangler-Photography prints and cards-hertrigger, ktlady, atsuko, kishcrafts, serialcrafter, dragonslair, djsemira, penguino, cyndiq, kacarrol
javastain-second time 'round yarns-serialdeviant, porfavoray, glittergirl94, Sewinglori, Redheadskydiver
funthreads-summer fun set and magnetic clips- Gatorwrangler, atsuko, serialcrafter,Miss*Laurence,Muria, djsemira, Eliea, knitting_nyxxie,xladyluckx,simply
hertrigger-fabric covered pocket mirrors-Avesthel, Mlsocci74, Avian Flight, riario, serialdeviant, dragonslair, foolily, knitting_nyxxie,  xladyluckx, LuxieLou
ktlady-Batty bag-hertrigger, atsuko, little green dragonfly, djsemira, chelleyf
ktlady-summer fun bag-Mlsocci74, brideOFkniterstein, Muria, chelleyf, kacarrol
Avesthel-TLM zipper pouches-Avian Flight, little green dragonfly, serialdeviant, serialcrafter, dragonslair
Avesthel-TLM hair elastic sets-Avian Flight, glittergirl94, penguino, roxybadoxy, LuxieLou
atsuko-Fun Fangled Fruit bracelet/anklet-Miss*Laurence, eye_on_sparrow, xladyluckx, Hollistercobabe, LuxieLou
atsuko-Cheery cherry necklace-Miss*Laurence, dragonslair, eye_on_sparrow, LuxieLou, hertrigger
Mlsocci74-Cute Bugs Notecard Sets with envelopes-Gatorwrangler, hertrigger, little green dragonfly, chrissiemags, kacarrol
Mlsocci74-Chocolate Milk Bath-hertrigger, Avesthel, serialdeviant, kishcrafts, penguino
Avian Flight-Green Apple Turtle Soaps-dragonslair, Christal1994, cyndiq, chelleyf, atsuko
little green dragonfly-Sesame Street Earings-Gatorwrangler, funthreads, AsphaltQueen, Redheadskydiver,  knitting_nyxxie
little green dragonfly-Mouldy necklaces-ktlady, atsuko, kishcrafts, AsphaltQueen, eye_on_sparrow
riario-purse accessories (a felt pin and pouch)-funthreads, Mlsocci74, dragonslair, knitting_nyxxie, glittergirl94
serialdeviant-Tiny amigurumi turtle in a multi-purpose cave-  little green dragonfly, Christal1994, penguino, xladyluckx, roxybadoxy
kishcrafts-polymer clay charms customized into stitch markers, earrings, wine glass charms and cell phone charms-funthreads, Avesthel, Avian Flight, riario, Miss*Laurence, Homerof2, AsphaltQueen, foolily, penguino, simply
serialcrafter-Sublimely Stitched zippered pouch-atsuko, kishcrafts, AsphaltQueen, porfavoray, xladyluckx
serialcrafter-hippie hairclips-Christal1994, glittergirl94, Hollistercobabe, eye_on_sparrow, Miss*Laurence
Miss*Laurence-handmade felt hairslides-atsuko, Eliea, knitting_nyxxie, glittergirl94, xladyluckx
Miss*Laurence-Summertime brooches-Mlsocci74, little green dragonfly, serialcrafter, brideOFkniterstein, Hollistercobabe

brideOFkniterstein-Hand-Knit Bath/Spa Set-Avesthel, serialcrafter, dragonslair, djsemira, Eliea, glittergirl94, cyndiq, xladyluckx, Hollistercobabe, Redheadskydiver

Homerof2-Bags Sewn by Cindy-atsuko, serialdeviant, kishcrafts, djsemira, roxybadoxy
dragonslair-cuddly baby dragons-djsemira, Eliea, xladyluckx, LuxieLou, atsuko
dragonslair-grab and go knitting/crochet travel accessories-kishcrafts, Homerof2, Muria, cyndiq, chrissiemags
Muria-Beaded Barrettes-ktlady, atsuko, Mlsocci74, Eliea, roxybadoxy
AsphaltQueen-AQ's Puzzle Soaps-brideOFkniterstein, Muria, Christal1994, Sewinglori, simply
foolily-Bloomin' Headbands-Gatorwrangler, javastain, glittergirl94, Hollistercobabe, Mlsocci74
Christal1994-painted fat quarters-serialcrafter, Miss*Laurence, Homerof2, eye_on_sparrow, chrissiemags
djsemir-spiral seedbeaded necklaces w. misc. pendants-Gatorwrangler, funthreads, riario, Miss*Laurence, Homerof2, foolily, Christal1994, knitting_nyxxie, eye_on_sparrow, penguino
Eliea-Eliea's Crochet Stitch Markers-javastain, Avian Flight, Miss*Laurence, dragonslair, knitting_nyxxie, eye_on_sparrow, glittergirl94, simply, chrissiemags, penguino
porfavoray-unicorn Tear bracelet-Avesthel, little green dragonfly, Eliea, xladyluckx, Hollistercobabe
knitting_nyxxie-~Adorn Yourself~-Gatorwrangler, ktlady, Avesthel, kishcrafts, serialcrafter, djsemira, porfavoray, glittergirl94, simply, LuxieLou
eye_on_sparrow-Bandanna Aprons-Avesthel, Mlsocci74, penguino, roxybadoxy, Miss*Laurence
eye_on_sparrow-Petite Purses-funthreads, ktlady, djsemira, chrissiemags, LuxieLou
glittergirl94-Kool Spring Yarn(hand dyed kool aid yarn) -hertrigger, Avesthel, chrissiemags, chelleyf, eye_on_sparrow
glittergirl94-Cozie my Techie(crochet phone/iPod cozy)-Gatorwrangler, funthreads, Avesthel, Mlsocci74, cyndiq
penguino-felt bead bracelet-knitting_nyxxie, chrissiemags, LuxieLou, cyndiq, eye_on_sparrow
penguino-beaded ID badge holder/lanyard-ktlady, brideOFkniterstein, dragonslair, chrissiemags, kacarrol
cyndiq-BIRDSNESTLACE pendant -Gatorwrangler, little green dragonfly, Eliea, eye_on_sparrow, Hollistercobabe
cyndiq-TWIGGYLACE pendant-Gatorwrangler, funthreads, ktlady, kishcrafts, knitting_nyxxie
chrissiemags-Naked No More Checkbook covers-hertrigger, Avesthel, kishcrafts, serialcrafter, Hollistercobabe
chrissiemags-Travelin' tissue holder-hertrigger, Mlsocci74, brideOFkniterstein, Homerof2, penguino
Sewinglori-Japanese Needle Books-little green dragonfly, brideOFkniterstein, foolily, cyndiq, Hollistercobabe
xladyluckx-Kitschy Cushion - Canning Jar Pin cushion filled with buttons![/b]-hertrigger, serialcrafter, glittergirl94, penguino, Redheadskydiver
xladyluckx-headbands-Mlsocci74, Muria, cyndiq, chrissiemags, LuxieLou
roxybadoxy-Roxy's swirly rings-funthreads, brideOFkniterstein, Eliea, LuxieLou, cyndiq
kacarrol -tree of life pendant-ktlady, little green dragonfly, serialcrafter, Sewinglori, porfavoray
simply-crochet bookmarks-foolily, djsemira, Eliea, xladyluckx, Sewinglori
chelleyf-Crystal headpin necklace & earring set-javastain, funthreads, ktlady, riario, brideOFkniterstein
Hollistercobabe-Resin Pendant-hertrigger, ktlady, little green dragonfly, riario, brideOFkniterstein, Eliea, porfavoray, chelleyf, Sewinglori, AsphaltQueen
LuxieLou-Stuck in Resin Pendants-javastain, Gatorwrangler, funthreads, djsemira, knitting_nyxxie, cyndiq, chrissiemags, Redheadskydiver, brideOFkniterstein, Miss*Laurence
Redheadskydiver-Microscope slide pendant kit-kishcrafts, Hollistercobabe, javastain, kacarrol, dragonslair
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007 06:07:11 AM by serialcrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

serialcrafter

but I want to help!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007 07:39:54 AM »

Remember when you send to shoot me an email so I can keep the list updated. 

Gatorwrangler will be posting the received list in the gallery.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2007 08:31:30 PM by serialcrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

brideOFkniterstein

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007 09:19:41 AM »

you guys are amazing!!!! another round!

i'm already addicted

with moving and unpacking... i didn't have too much time to brianstorm what i would offer if i did it again. btw, i finally found the missing part of my digicam-and will be able to post pictures this time around

would people still be interested in a hand-knit bath set (washcloth and bathmitt)?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down with Personal Swaps
My Wist

BRIDES-TO-BE: i have wedding stuff i would love to swap away. pm me for list of items!
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007 10:10:33 AM »

I know that packing/unpacking thing! I am currently getting my house ready to put on the market and everything is in storage, so for me it will have to be a project with few materials (probably crochet...just yarn and a hook.... any suggestions?!?!?!?) ANyway, bride, I think in general the washcloths and bath wares have always been a good addition to the swap! I say get started!!! Smiley (Oh, and send me your sign up!!! )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
riario
:*

expecting our first!

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007 10:11:27 AM »

I’m offering purse accessories – one set contains a felt pin & velcro pouch for your purse or for whatever Smiley
please PM me with your favorites and I’ll try and accommodate

Velcro pouches
there are 2 in blue (though it may look black on screen) flowery Amy Butler fabric
one brown/earth tones paisley Amy Butler (green inside)
one peach colored rosebud (green inside)
one blue and teal abstract

and you also get...

Felt flower pins
light blue
orange
purple with yellow button
yellow
purple with pink button

Yeah I posted first  Wink
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007 09:57:05 AM by riario » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avian Flight
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007 10:43:54 AM »

Reserving a spot to post my stuff.
I'll be offering Green Apple Turtle Soaps.
Here's the pic of the soaps I'm offering. That's an american quarter for size.

Everyone will get either 4 + a crochet soap saver or 5 soaps. I haven't decided yet.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007 09:45:58 PM by Avian Flight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
greybird

<3 birds, glitter, sparkles <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007 10:47:38 AM »

Hair Elastics:
Set C has a happy turtle face.  Wink  (In case there are any turtle fans out there...)
The hair elastics are the 'ouchless' kind of ponytail holders that do not have a metal crimp.  The buttons measure 3/4 inches in diameter.  

Zip pouches:
Coffee, bumble bees, pumpkins, green goddess, blue w/brown dots
These are all different sizes, but hopefully you can get an idea of size from the ruler I added.  The blue w/brown dots got a tiny bit cut off on the side of the picture, but not much.

These are the actual items up for the swap.  Smiley  I will let my swappers give me a list of their favorites in order of preference and I'll do my best to match everyone with their choices.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010 02:39:55 PM by Avesthel - Reason: removing broken images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

serialcrafter

but I want to help!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007 10:54:19 AM »

Here is the embroidery and a hint of the lining for the Sublime Stitch Zippered Pouches.  Still need to put them together this weekend:

We have orange Purl Girl, pink Purl Girl, turquoise Cherries, yellow Sewing Stuff, and the purple skull.
Hippie Chic Hair Clips

These are great for short and long hair, pony tail bling, etc.  Colors are pretty true except for the one on the far right.  That's actually clear AB tubes. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007 12:10:25 PM by serialcrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 73 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Shop on a College Budget and Look Amazing
OOTD: Vest and Jeans
Movie Inspired Halloween Costume Ideas
Hang Time With Jenn Im: Feral Creature
How Can You Dress Like a Countess?
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Coffee, the nectar of life!
@Home This Weekend: Expecto Patronum Night Light!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...