A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What can I do with 100 plastic Phone fascias?  (Read 3583 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RubyTuesday
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007 01:25:09 AM »

WOW thanks everyone Grin I just love craftster  Smiley where else in the world could I have asked that question and got so many imaginative ideas!
Phone bugs, wallets, plushes, placemats, windchimes and Jewellery, I never would have thought of any of these, I love them all and certainly have enough fascias to try them all out, now to decide which to try first Roll Eyes

it'd make a good challenge ...'craftsters were given phone fascias and here's what they came up with...'

Where they came from...  My son had a Saturday job in a phone shop, the manager sold him the box of fascias, -basically i think they were for an older style phone and they weren't selling, I think No1 son thought he was going to sell them at a big profit, he might have sold a few (1 would have been better than nothing lol) on Ebay but he didn't get round to it quick enough at all, So they ended up in my hands! - I couldn't let them go to land fill, I arranged for the local scrap charity to collect them but they never turned up... so 6 months later they're still in my hands!

ultconsumer - I've PM'd you   Wink
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007 01:27:00 AM by RubyTuesday » THIS ROCKS   Logged

roskate

Let the Punks Get Crunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007 03:39:32 PM »

maybe you could melt them together? make a bowl or something
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sprinklez
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007 06:40:54 PM »

If you can cut some of the ones with smaller screen openings, you could make it into a belt buckle.

Or someone suggested tampon case. That would be awesome if you covered the openings from the inside with fabric or vinyl or something so no one could see 'em. XD Actually, it would probably be cool with the keypad in there and black vinyl on the screen. A tampon case disguised as a cell phone!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

RubyTuesday
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007 01:05:11 AM »

...Or someone suggested tampon case. That would be awesome if you covered the openings from the inside with fabric or vinyl or something so no one could see 'em. XD Actually, it would probably be cool with the keypad in there and black vinyl on the screen. A tampon case disguised as a cell phone!

Hey, that's a cool idea, I've tried several ideas so far and failed in all!!
I glued the key bads to a backing to make a belt but the pads don't stick to glue gun glue! and I tried making beads out of the numbers but it that didn't work either!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gina-marie
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007 02:31:48 PM »

not sure if anyone has said this but you could cut the individual keys out and string them together to make jewelry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009 09:08:09 AM »

i would make a purse out of the fascias!
Not just a pouch but a big purse Shocked
pick out ones with crazy patterns sew them together or use a strong adhesive then add a lining.
I was also going to suggest jewelry what about using a full keyboard for a pendant?

Edit- Sorry i didn't even notice how old this thread was i keep digging up old threads lately! oops.  Sad
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009 09:15:20 AM by Smuckers9 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
liza.lu

Always dance in the formless form...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009 10:14:03 PM »

Those fascias look like little cars to me.  You could find a way to attach something to be wheels (buttons, etc) and make them into toy cars for little kids.  They would be cool.   You could also link some of them together to make a toy train.

I too am interested to see what you finally come up with.  Where did you get 100 of them?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.
litte_miss_juliet
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009 05:40:34 AM »

Put them on a baking sheet on a low temp in the over for a few minutes all in a line, then once they're floppy like pancakes, take them out, put another baking sheet on top and then books on top of that and wait a while, then you've got a flat sheet of plastic with loads of pretty colors that you could re-melt to bend into a bowl or a plate or you could use it as a placemat or something

That's what I would do, anyway (:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeautifulBones
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009 03:33:20 PM »

How about a funky cake decoration...

Or attach the faces to a block (cut to size) you've got a kids' play phone...

Or (expanding out liza.lu's idea) make little toy boats. You's just need to fill the gaps with something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Platinum Fox
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009 08:07:32 PM »

What about using the fascia pieces as little photo frames? Cut the bottom part off and sand it smooth, or use the key pieces cut out to spell names or a slogan under the pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold an Origami Flower
How to Fold an Origami Flower Pot
How to Make an X-Wing Fighter
How to Make an Origami Frog Base
How to Make an Origami Samurai Hat
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...