A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,777
Currently Running With Scissors:
427 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbies Only Swap Round 4 (Sign-ups CLOSED; Send-Outs 05/29)  (Read 13215 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 29, 2007 06:21:06 PM »

Swap name: Newbies Only Swap Round 4
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: DisneyFan
Sign-up date range:04/29/07-05/07/07—or Until Full   
Date to send item by:  05/29/07

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): Yes--24

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country? N/A

All ages allowed? Or 18+?  All ages, but if you’re under 16, please get your parent’s/guardian’s permission!!!  For real.  Ask mom, dad, older siblings, aunts, uncles, whatever if they’ll mind taking you to the craft store and post office. 

To join this swap you MUST:
--Have at least 15 posts under your belt.
--Have been a Member of Craftster for AT LEAST one month.
--Have NEVER been in a swap on Craftster before.
--Not be participating any other swaps at this time. 

Details of swap:
Here’s the deal:  I know that there are a lot of you who think that swapping sounds like fun, you’re tempted to try, but then, you chicken out.  You think, what if my crafting isn’t as good as my partners?  What if I screw up?  What if I don’t understand how to do this no matter how many times I’ve read the swapping guidelines?  So many “what ifs”!  This is your opportunity to get your feet wet in the swapping pool with folks that are in the same boat!  This is your chance to ask all of the questions that you’ve ever needed answers to!  So, come on in—the water’s fine!  I will be your guide through the world of swapping.  If you have any questions or concerns throughout this swap, please PM me or post in the forum!  There are some rules that must be followed in order to have an optimal swapping experience.  Some are Craftsters rules, some are mine! 

•   I have now organized several swaps, and have realized that I need to be VERY SPECFIC about my rules.  Here there are:
1.   YOU MUST POST IN THIS SWAP THREAD AFTER YOU SEND ME YOUR QUESTIONAIRE PM IN ORDER TO BE ACCEPTED.  YOUR BEING ACCEPTED IN THE SWAP IS CONTINGENT ON ME SEEING A POST!
2.   YOU MUST POST AT LEAST 2 TIMES A WEEK IN THE THREAD.  IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS, YOU WILL RECEIVE THE COMMENT “POOR COMMUNICATION” IN YOUR PROFILE.  FOR A THREE WEEK CRAFTINGTIME, THIS IS ONLY 6 POSTS!!!  EVEN AFTER CRAFTING TIME IS OVER, AND WE MOVE INTO GALLERY TIME YOU NEED TO CONTINUE TO PARTICIPATE—NO COMMUNICATION = NERVOUS PARTNERS AND ORGANIZERS!!!  YOU ARE RELEASED FROM YOUR COMMUNICATION OBLIGATION ONLY AFTER BOTH YOU AND YOUR PARTNER HAVE SENT AND RECEIVED!!!
3.   YOU MUST COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR PARTNER.  IF YOUR PARTNER CONTACTS ME AND SAYS THAT YOU ARE NOT COMMUNICATING WITH THEM, YOU WLL ALSO RECEIVE THE COMMENT “POOR COMMUNICATION” IN YOUR PROFILE.
4.   IF I GET THE FEELING THAT SOMEONE MAY BE A FLAKER, I WILL NOT ALLOW THEIR PARTNER TO SEND UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN SENT TO AND RECEIVED!!!
5.   WHEN YOU SEND YOUR PM TO JOIN THE SWAP, IF ALL OF OUR POSTS ON CRAFTSTER CONSIST OF ONLY “NICE JOB”, “GREAT”, AND THEY SHOW NO ACTUAL PARTICIPATION IN THE CRAFTSTER FORUM, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE!
6.   MOST IMPORTANTLY:  IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO PARTICIPATE ONLINE, COMMUICATE WITH YOUR PARTNER, AND/OR CRAFT, PLEASE DO NOT JOIN!!!  THIS MAY SOUND HORRIBLE, BUT I HAVE SEEN TOO MANY FIRST-TIME SWAPPERS GET HOSED BY THEIR PARTNERS AND THAT LEAVES A TERRIBLE TASTE IN SOMEONE’S MOUTH!!!
•   Keep in regular contact with your swapping partner!!!  Some people end up “talking” more than others, but even if you don’t become fast friends with your partner, check in with them so that they don’t think you’ve fallen off the edge of the earth.  Let them know that you’re working on their crafts.  And, most importantly, the more you talk, the more you’ll get to know what they like!
•   Now, this is Craftster’s rule:  YOU MUST PM ME AND YOUR PARTNER WHEN YOU SEND AND WHEN YOU RECEIVE.  IF YOU ARE SENDING WITHIN YOUR OWN COUNTRY, YOU MUST HAVE A DC# (DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBER)—THEY COST AN EXTRA $.50-$.60 IN THE US.  WHEN  YOU PM TO SAY YOU HAVE SENT, BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR DC NUMBER.  IF YOU ARE SENDING OUT OF YOUR COUNTRY AND CANNOT GET A TRACKING NUMBER, YOU MUST KEEP YOUR RECEIPT AS PROOF OF SHIPPING!!!
•   When you receive your swap package, you will then need to post in the gallery that will be created so that you can show off what you have received.  While posting pictures is not a requirement, I think that especially for this swap, it would be really great if everyone did.  If you don’t have a digital camera and cannot get access to one, please ask your partner to take pictures before they send. 
•   Ahhh….the crafting requirements….almost forgot:  Let’s do 1 Medium item and 3 small items (you may do a variation of this—1 large and 2 small, 2 medium and 1 small, etc.). The terms large, medium, and small are all relative.  I like to look at them from a time standpoint—Large=3 or more hours, Medium=1.5-3 hours, and a Small being 1.5 hours or less.  This is so important: IF YOU ARE GOING TO SEND MORE THAN THE REQUIRED AMOUNT, PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR PARTNER FIRST!!!  IF YOU AGREE TO SEND EACH OTHER MORE THAN THIS, FINE! 
•   Oh, I’ve probably forgotten something, so make sure that you read the information on swapping provided by Craftster.  And again, ask any question—there is no question that has been asked so many times that it can’t be asked again!   And just a reminder, I WILL NOT be crafting in this swap unless it becomes necessary for me to be a Swap Angel!  I’m here to organize and guide!
•   One more thing….keep in mind when filling out the questionnaire that the more flexible you are about what you receive, the easier it is to pair you up!  Personally, I like to allow my swap partners the flexibility to craft the things they love to craft—while keeping in mind my tastes.  Also, please do not ask for items that are completely out of the realm of possibility—your partner is not going to knit you a sweater in three weeks, and if you give them no other ideas, it’s going to be difficult to figure out what to craft you!  Also, I do believe that mentions of anything that can be perceived as “controversial” (i.e. religion, politics, etc.) should be left out of your questionnaire UNLESS it pertains to what you can/can’t receive from someone.  Then, AND ONLY THEN, it should be stated in this way:  “Due to religious, political, personal beliefs, I do not want to receive anything that is (fill in the blank).” 

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:  Newbie Swap Round 4
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of your own country?

1.   What sorts of things are you most comfortable crafting?
2.   Is there anything that you would really like made for you?
3.   Favorite colors?
4.   Colors you hate?
5.   Are there any fabrics/yarns that you cannot stand?
6.   Allergies?
7.   Are you interested in receiving any type of clothing/socks/slippers?  If so, list your sizes here:
8.   Do you have access to a digital camera so that you can take pictures of what you receive and post them in the gallery?
9.   Is there anything that you absolutely would not want?

Tell your partner something about yourself.  Please go crazy here—the more info, the better:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

So that everyone is aware--I do not have Craftster access at work!  I will try to get back to you as quickly as possible when I get home from work at night (usually after 5 PM MST) and on my days off--Tuesday and Saturday!

Swappers
reenreen
VitaminPink
Lindsey goes to eleven
ArrghMatey
Shannon12
Mimiw
mmcheezesandwich
squir_l
MnkyMama
artzy_fartzy68
the_dez
peps
sin esperanza
hannahmint

Partners

Okay--here's how we'll do it:  Green means you've sent.  Red means you've received.  And finally, Purple means you've sent AND received!

reenreen <–> sin esperanza

MnkyMama <–> squir_l

the_dez <–> peps

hannahmint <–> VitaminPink

Lindsey goes to eleven <–> Shannon12

ArrghMatey <–> Mimiw

artzy_fartzy68 <–> mmcheezesandwich

Newbies Only Swap Round 4 Gallery Link:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=171276.0
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007 04:12:26 PM by DisneyFan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
Fluxity
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007 12:26:42 AM »

YAY! Join this swap if you've never swapped before - it's the best swap EVER!!! I only wish I could join it again - the freedom of making whatever you want with no theme...... it's the greatest! And DisneyFan is a wonderful organizer!

JOIN!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wistful Thinking
~-~
Procraftination  - a Blog about my Crafty Adventures!
Swap partners - No Peeking!
~-~
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." - Dave Barry
reenreen

crafting by request

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007 05:13:54 AM »

Sending my details now. Yay, finally something i can participate in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

she rambles oddly
http://pixelhazard.com
Lindsey goes to eleven
"I am that cordless screwdriver that has to charge for twenty hours to earn ten minutes use. I need that much downtime."

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007 01:03:41 PM »

Yay!  My very first swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lindsey
VitaminPink
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007 02:03:06 PM »

Can't wait to swaaaaaap!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shannon12
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007 11:02:45 PM »

Just sent my info to Ms. DisneyFan...Hopefully I am approved!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

danaisradxcore
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007 12:34:03 PM »

i did the last round of this swap... awesome experience. Smiley

you have the freedom of crafting whatever you want and everyone around you is in the same boat, so no pressure...

if you're reluctant to swapping at all because you're afraid of what others will think, join this swap..  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ArrghMatey

Crafting my pants off!

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007 06:25:00 PM »

I have hesitated joining all the previous newbie swaps, but now I'm ready to dive right in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Pants! : crafting my pants off.

Chali Inc. : Handmade wooden rings.
DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007 07:56:21 PM »

Awww...all my old newbies are showing up and being supportive!  You're all so sweet!  These newbie swaps are so much fun and relaxed--I love organizing them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
shannon12
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007 03:37:34 AM »

YAY Have been approved, can't wait to get started!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...