A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,392
Currently Running With Scissors:
965 Guests and 47 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $40 + 2 weeks = 6 dresses! ((3 mini tutorials added))  (Read 45150 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gnacissej
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2007 07:10:47 PM »

here's a kinda cruddy tute for the maroon/braided dress. i suggest getting stretchy fabric otherwise you won't be able to wear it.

cut fabric:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/jessica-ng/fashionshow/tute1.jpg

sew 2 tubes and fold in half:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/jessica-ng/fashionshow/tute2.jpg
(you might have to sew the bust piece in more so it fits kinda snugly and won't fall off)

add front/braided piece:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/jessica-ng/fashionshow/tute3.jpg

i don't know if that made any sense but hopefully it did. sorry for my horrible mspaint drawings. if anyone needs clarifications i'll try to do a better job explaining it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010 10:36:15 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PagodaPatty
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2007 09:11:37 PM »

I would love you Forever! if you could please explain to me how you made the first one? Cheesy
its really amazing !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"apples and cake must have been your mistake
but the smile you send in my direction
makes me feel like I'm alive"

Craft- Blog!
black and white photo
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2007 05:26:44 PM »

woah! thats cool! could you put a tut for your shirt?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gnacissej
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2007 07:23:11 PM »

alright as requested 2 more tutorials. i'm pretty bad at explaining things so bear with me.
___________________ _______

so for the first dress

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/jessica-ng/fashionshow/dresstute.jpg
i've kind of figured out how to make a top that fits me so i can't really explain it but those are the basic shapes i use..you could take a dress you own and copy the pattern..

the bottom i just made a circle skirt that was longer than i wanted the skirt to be. then i inserted another tube/skirt on the inside. pulled the bottom of the circle skirt up and sewed it to the inside skirt gathering it as i sewed..here's a picture of the inside of the dress.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/jessica-ng/fashionshow/inside003.jpg

SO you sew together the top (leave one side unsewn for zipper) sew together the bottom then sew both of them to eachother. cut a slit in the skirt for the zipper..and sew the zipper on. add straps if you'd like. take a long strip of the fabric wrap it around the waist and tie a fat bow. i didnt really bother w/ lining because i'm supppper impatient..
___________________ _

for the shirt!

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/jessica-ng/fashionshow/shirttute.jpg

(i suggest using stretchy fabrics.)

sew 2 tubes w/ the contrasting color and fold in half so all seams are hidden. this fabric should definately be stretchy. the thinner one will be the top and the fatter one will be the waist band. bands should fit around where you want them to go.

sew another tube w/ patterened (main fabric) if it's a non stretchy fabric you could shir the back (there are tutorials for shirring somewhere!). now the tube should fit around your bust.

cut a "circle skirt" out of the patterened/main fabric (or half circle skirt). length is up to you. now sew everything together w/ an elastic/zig zag stitch so you can get it on and off.

sew some straps if you'd like. i usually make 3 folds when making straps. fold the 2 sides in, then fold it in half. then sew it together.

sew the straps onto the shirt however you'd like..i made a box w/ an X in the middle.

and voila you're done.
___________________ _____

so that's how it's done. hopefully someone understood it.. but if anyone needs help i'll try to explain it more clearly!  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010 10:37:23 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
black and white photo
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2007 07:29:28 PM »

alright as requested 2 more tutorials. i'm pretty bad at explaining things so bear with me.
___________________ _______

so for the first dress
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/jessica-ng/fashionshow/dresstute.jpg
i've kind of figured out how to make a top that fits me so i can't really explain it but those are the basic shapes i use..you could take a dress you own and copy the pattern..

the bottom i just made a circle skirt that was longer than i wanted the skirt to be. then i inserted another tube/skirt on the inside. pulled the bottom of the circle skirt up and sewed it to the inside skirt gathering it as i sewed..here's a picture of the inside of the dress.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/jessica-ng/fashionshow/inside003.jpg

SO you sew together the top (leave one side unsewn for zipper) sew together the bottom then sew both of them to eachother. cut a slit in the skirt for the zipper..and sew the zipper on. add straps if you'd like. take a long strip of the fabric wrap it around the waist and tie a fat bow. i didnt really bother w/ lining because i'm supppper impatient..
___________________ _

for the shirt!
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/jessica-ng/fashionshow/shirttute.jpg

(i suggest using stretchy fabrics.)

sew 2 tubes w/ the contrasting color and fold in half so all seams are hidden. this fabric should definately be stretchy. the thinner one will be the top and the fatter one will be the waist band. bands should fit around where you want them to go.

sew another tube w/ patterened (main fabric) if it's a non stretchy fabric you could shir the back (there are tutorials for shirring somewhere!). now the tube should fit around your bust.

cut a "circle skirt" out of the patterened/main fabric (or half circle skirt). length is up to you. now sew everything together w/ an elastic/zig zag stitch so you can get it on and off.

sew some straps if you'd like. i usually make 3 folds when making straps. fold the 2 sides in, then fold it in half. then sew it together.

sew the straps onto the shirt however you'd like..i made a box w/ an X in the middle.

and voila you're done.
___________________ _____

so that's how it's done. hopefully someone understood it.. but if anyone needs help i'll try to explain it more clearly!  Smiley

i luv you! i luv you! i luv you! i luv you! i luv you! i luv you! i luv you! i luv youuuuuuuu!
 Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peachcake
peachie peachiness

hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2007 01:15:55 PM »

I am printing this right now! I LOVE the first dress! If I have questions with the tutorial can I pm you?

thanks for the tute! -peach
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MurderTramp
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2007 06:50:39 PM »

i love all the dresses especially the blue one Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BiSHiEE
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2007 07:29:48 PM »

=oo i want my own crowd pleaser dress!! T.T howd you make it so poofy? it looks so flattering can you please put up a tute for that? >< great job 2 weeks..i wouldve cried and gave up a long time ago hah BUT GLAD YOU DIDNT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zebee
Sleepy.

Tired right now.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2007 12:03:55 AM »

Wow @@ Amazing job, especially for the time constraints.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

judethelost
In a sane world, madness is the only freedom. -J.G. Ballard

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2007 12:13:52 AM »

You... are... AMAZING!!!! Your dresses are fantastic, and... your dresses are fantastic!!! Gorgeous!!!! More exclaimation points!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Simple Paper Airplane with a Tail
How to Make a Basic Paper Crease
How to Build an Origami: Boat With Roof
How to Fold an Origami Flower Part 2
Mac Tip: How to use your Mac Trackpad
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...