A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
474 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ouch.  (Read 988 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MaraschinoMuffin
Band Geek ^_^

I hearts the old Green Day<3

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2005 06:12:55 AM »

yesterday i went to paramount canadas wonderland (great place- went on my first rollar coaster EVER yesterday!) i was having so much fun i forgot to reapply sunscreen. now, i have a horrible burn on my shoulders and face. its so bad, my parents let me stay home because it hurts to move. i've tried aloe-vera plant leaves, vaseline aloe-vera lotion, vaseline, cold clothes,etc to make the hurt go away. ive heard about milk soothing burns (the lactic acid helps) and that will be my next endeavor, after the oatmeal bath (it soothed my chickenpox 7 years ago,so my logic is, maybe it will soothe my burn) im about to have. anyone have any tips to soothe my red,red skin?

believe me, ive learned my lesson about SPF!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
squeaky-queen
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005 11:43:25 AM »

Just be as gentle as you can with your singed skin.

That aloe stuff works, but get the kind w/o the alchohol in it, because alchohol can dry you out and that is not what you want.  Taking cool baths with oatmeal (tie a big handful of oatmeal into a coffee filter and constantly squeeze it into the water to release the oaty goodness) will help, but unfortunately, time is really the only thing that will heal it.  There is serious trauma to t he upper layers of your skin, so you just have to baby it until your body heals.  Keep drinking water, take vitamins, get rest, and try not to bother the skin too much.  Loose clothes are good. 

If you feel hot/burny, keep a spray bottle full of cold water handy to mist yourself.  You want to moisturize too, but avoid anything perfumed or anything that contains alchohol.

Sorry this happened   Embarrassed  Hopefully you can avoid any more sunburns this summer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krazigal72
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005 01:05:15 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=32294.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
cataway

we love puddin tats and runny babbits!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005 11:52:15 PM »

Believe it or not vinigar will take the heat out I scoffed but a friend got a burn in mexico and asked the room service guy for help he came back with a container of vinigar and said stand in tub and pour over ahhh!!!  careful on face use cotton balls to avoid getting it in your eyes Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daydreamer13579
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005 01:30:45 PM »

e. i've tried aloe-vera plant leaves, vaseline aloe-vera lotion, vaseline, cold clothes,etc to make the hurt go away. ive heard about milk soothing burns (the lactic acid helps) and that will be my next endeavor, after the oatmeal bath (

The Vaseline was probably a bad idea. It tends to hold the heat in.

Just be as gentle as you can with your singed skin.
That aloe stuff works, but get the kind w/o the alchohol in it, because alchohol can dry you out and that is not what you want.

I second this idea. My skin is very fair and I burn badly and aloe is a very good remedy. After the redness goes away a little, moisturize heavily to prevent peeling too badly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mek

http://thriftyniftyandchic.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005 01:07:34 PM »

You can buy aloe vera gel that has lidocaine, which is anesthetic. I use some called Cool Blue Fruit of the Earth Aloe Fast Burn Relief with Lidocaine. It cools, prevents peeling, and the lidocaine is numbing. It really works. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anasbubbalu
can we knit awhile?

KnitKnitKnitKnitKnitKnitKnit...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005 02:46:02 PM »

I burn if I step out without SPF 50- That said, if I get a burn I grab a bottle of Sarna from eckerds. It's not cheap, but its the best thing for damaged itchy burned skin. It's with the lotions.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a substance abuse problem...I'm addicted to yarn.( I also have a knitting bloggy thaingamajig that i rarely update...)
http://sappytrees.blogspot.com/
ooohhh look-I'm a minion too! www.myspace.com/iknit
Jello
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005 06:51:59 PM »

my grandma's remedy is margarine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bruisedpeach22

But why is all the rum gone??

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007 11:48:27 PM »

This is really old but for future reference, olive oil is really soothing. My grandma always used it on my burns when i was a kid
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007 11:48:38 PM by bruisedpeach22 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

url]
Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sensitive Skin Beauty Tip: New Natural Shampoos - Organic and Eco-Friendly!
Hot New Crops
Which Shampoo to Use
Hair Styling Products Tips
Convertible Hair Style Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...