A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
777 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: tea bags mentioned on Oprah  (Read 596 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kikigirl
Einstein was hot when he was young

Let's dance! :D

View Profile WWW
« on: April 27, 2007 12:46:41 PM »

Yesterday, Oprah had that open doctor on and he talked about using tea  bags for smelly feet.  I was thinking it would be cool to use it for an astringent on my face if it cleans and soaks up the oils but he mentioned it would discolor the skin.  I put in tea bags and skin in the search button and a locked discussion came up that didn't really resolve it but said that it was used in Britain to stain the legs.  Has anyone tried this?  I'm going to try it on my feet first but if someone else has already tried it, I would love the feed back. Wink 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007 12:59:25 PM by kikigirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MsChilePepper
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007 02:41:19 PM »

Yes, tea will stain your skin.  And if you've ever dyed Easter eggs or cleaned strawberries and gotten discolored fingers, you'll know how the color seeps further into any little cracks or imperfections in your skin, giving a really unsightly look.

I saw that Oprah episode, too, and I was disappointed that Dr. Oz didn't tell her to exfoliate her feet!  Foot odor comes from decaying dead skin cells that haven't been scrubbed off, so it's crucial to get rid of it.

However, he didn't say that tea would clean the skin or soak up oil; he said it would close up sweat glands and "tan" her feet, making them less likely to sweat so much.

If your face is too oily and you're having breakouts, try using a face wash that contains tea tree oil and some sort of alpha hydroxy ingredient.  Also, regular exfoliation is key; pores get plugged when dead skin cells are not removed, and that's how pimples start.  Just using a plain old washcloth to wash your face will work. 

If you have a breakout, put some 10% benzoyl peroxide cream on it.  Clean & Clear brand has one called Persagel that works well, although you can get cheaper generic/store brand versions that work just as well.  I use it on my T-zone daily, and it helps immensely to prevent breakouts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I own power tools, and I'm not afraid to use them!
kikigirl
Einstein was hot when he was young

Let's dance! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007 02:52:26 PM »

Yes, tea will stain your skin.  And if you've ever dyed Easter eggs or cleaned strawberries and gotten discolored fingers, you'll know how the color seeps further into any little cracks or imperfections in your skin, giving a really unsightly look.

I saw that Oprah episode, too, and I was disappointed that Dr. Oz didn't tell her to exfoliate her feet!  Foot odor comes from decaying dead skin cells that haven't been scrubbed off, so it's crucial to get rid of it.

However, he didn't say that tea would clean the skin or soak up oil; he said it would close up sweat glands and "tan" her feet, making them less likely to sweat so much.

If your face is too oily and you're having breakouts, try using a face wash that contains tea tree oil and some sort of alpha hydroxy ingredient.  Also, regular exfoliation is key; pores get plugged when dead skin cells are not removed, and that's how pimples start.  Just using a plain old washcloth to wash your face will work. 

If you have a breakout, put some 10% benzoyl peroxide cream on it.  Clean & Clear brand has one called Persagel that works well, although you can get cheaper generic/store brand versions that work just as well.  I use it on my T-zone daily, and it helps immensely to prevent breakouts.

What a great reply!   I don't think there is anything else to be said.  I was just thinking it might be something to add to my homemade recipes.  I'm definately NOT going to try it though.  Again...THANKS!!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
StyleList Behind the Scenes at NY Fashion Week With Gucci Westman and Lisa
BEAUTY BUZZ: Zac Posen Fall 2013
BEAUTY BUZZ: DKNY Fall 2013
S1:E4 | Donna Hollis – Mother of Two | Decoding Style
Bright Matte Colors New Lip Trend
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...