A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,470
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Punkin Donuts  (Read 1685 times)
Tags for this thread: felt , donut  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artzy_fartzy68
"The best index to a person's character is (a) how he treats people who can't do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can't fight back." Abigail van Buren

Macaroni & Cheese

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 27, 2007 08:13:32 AM »

Thief, thief, I'm nothing but a thief! I know these donuts are over-done, but I couldn't help myself!

I made these 6 felt donuts for my friend's daughter, and then made a drawstring tote bag (lined and personalized, even) to carry them in. Please note the top stitching around the top of the bag, the nice brand label, AND the huge buttons sewn on the ends of the drawstring ribbons to keep them from going inside their hole.  Grin
The labels and front of the bag are iron-on transfer. I added purple paint to the front thing. The donuts I machine sewed then hand appliqud.

Pure awesomeness! I'm proud, and this is my first post w/ pics!

Jacki

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010 12:56:05 PM by rackycoo - Reason: to fix images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jacki, blog at http://mac-aroni-n-cheese.blogspot.com/ Check out what cool stuff I'm up to!
toque
pinktoque

Creator of GEEKSOAP.net

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007 08:34:10 AM »

This is way cute!

I had a dog named Punkin in my childhood.  From age 3 almost to age 20 she was the center of my universe.  So I'm particularly fond of the name you chose Wink  This is really great, and I love the buttons on the drawstring!  I really need to learn how to do a drawstring bag.  Cute, cute, cute!

P.s. - what fun donuts you made!  I like their designs Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I design geeky, all natural handmade soap known as GEEKSOAP! http://www.geeksoap.net
Portfolio: http://www.thepinktoque.com/
Infinite Annie
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007 07:03:01 PM »

Very mod!  Is there ever really such thing as too many donuts?  No way.  I'm wondering how you machine sewed the donuts?  Hmm, maybe I'm denser than a day old donut, but for some reason I can't visualize how to do that hand made look with a machine. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artzy_fartzy68
"The best index to a person's character is (a) how he treats people who can't do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can't fight back." Abigail van Buren

Macaroni & Cheese

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007 05:55:17 AM »

Thanks for the nice comments!

I machine-sewed the donuts, but hand-sewed the appliqus and the embroidery(you know, the frosting & the dots)

You probably can't SEE the machine stitching cuz it's covered up with all that coolness! Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jacki, blog at http://mac-aroni-n-cheese.blogspot.com/ Check out what cool stuff I'm up to!
Infinite Annie
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007 09:42:01 AM »

Oh, oh, okay, I get it, there's frosting under the dots and on top of the donut.  The fog has lifted.  Thanks.  Your hand-stitching is so good and neat I thought for sure that the stitching in the donut hole was somehow done by a machine.  Human credit where human credit is due!  Good on you and keep up the hip-happenin' work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
novastarlet

Plastic Rodeo Queen

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007 11:49:28 AM »

Cute! These are great. Smiley

Don't worry about doughnuts having been done before. You obviously brought your own touch to the project. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website  :  Flickr  :  Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Chinese Noodles With Steak
How to Make a Japanese Style Marinade
How to Make Sichuan Mapo Tofu
How to Make Chinese Scallion Pancakes
Sushi Rolling 101: Chef in Your Pocket - Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...