A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,699
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 Tea/Coffee/Cocoa Swap Round 4 Gallery  (Read 20444 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yarn_tart

Dark Lords don't Frolic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2007 02:19:37 PM »

This is the conversation my mom and I had over the phone only an hour ago.  Better yet, this occurred directly after getting back from the platelet donation center for the first time!

Mom: !#@$ DVD player won't work.  Must. Record. Lost.
Me: I see a post office truck outside.  It must have my package.  I have to leave for work in fifteen minutes.  Must. Get. Package.
Mom: LOST!
Me: PACKAGE!
Mom: ANGST!  Can't record Lost!
Me: Oh, here comes the mailman!  He's cute!  AND HE HAS A PACKAGE!!!
Mom: Huh? Package?
Me: *barely waits until the mailman has put the box down before attacking it*
Mom: Package?
Me: Byemom.

So then, I opened my goodies and was SO excited!  razorsharps gonna post pictures, but I must tell you how great it all is!  I got an amazing knitted purse which will be so cute for summer picnics, a tank top (which fits - I tried it on while gushing over my goodies on the phone) with embroidered tea theme, chocolate chip cookies, tea goodness and biscotti.  *I could be forgetting something - I had to run out the door minutes after opening to make it to work*  Now, I must mention that I am not a huge biscotti fan.  It's always so dry, but the cookies were slightly melty so I put them in the fridge and took a biscotti for my drive-to-work snack.  And it's soooo good!  I must go to the local coffee house and buy a biscotti which is not from a chain coffee place or packaged.  I can't wait to eat it with some tea.  Smiley

I got the charms for the stitch markers at Wal Mart.  I'm glad you like everything!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd like to change the world because it's easier than changing me. - Carbon Leaf

April in Autumn - yarn_tart's etsy shop is coming soon!

My wists
redheadskydiver
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2007 02:21:54 PM »

I guess that's why I couldn't find the tea cup charms. My wal-mart doesn't have a craft section since katrina.

Christina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coral
Yarn Rescuer!

beer gut

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2007 02:35:52 PM »

Biscotti is really dry because you're supposed to dip it in the coffee/tea.  Then it gets soft and velvety.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get some yarn! Jewelry! YARN! 
www.blackcoral.etsy .com

Vintage Sewing Patterns!!
www.saltwatersupply .etsy.com
foob

i smiled, i smiled

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2007 05:18:40 PM »

So! I received my amazing package from bronzfrog today. Smiley Lets get right to the pictures (tons of em)

First! I got a hand painted tea for one set.

And some really cute marble magnets. The backing is fabric.

A handmade pillow case w/ pillow

A tray that matches the tea for one set.

A necklace that "looks like it should be floating in a glass of ice tea." Smiley I love it. It's so cute.

A very cute teacup candle. Smiley

And of course, tea... It's so delicious. I've broken into it already and it's delicious. Smiley

My doggie Agro wanted to help take pictures of the swap stuff. Smiley

Also, She wanted me to post a picture of the stuff I sent her.

To explain, it was a cocoa package. I figured that we were heading into summer so she needed a reason to drink cocoa other than it's cold out side. So I made a "spa" kit. I put it all in a hand made purse/bag. I made an eye mask and a little bag to hold some of my favorite teas (She said that she drinks tea as well). I sent her some hand made soap (from Austin, where I live) and spa gloves. I also sent her two different cannisters of cocoa. (Raspberry and this yummie organic kind) A book with tons of hot chocolate recipes and some spa towels I was going to wrap the cocoa cup in (but it didn't work out like that). My favorite is the cocoa cup. It's so delicate and pretty. And I'm usually not even into neutral colors. Looking back, I probably should have embroidered something cocoa related on the towels... hindsight's 20/20 right?

PS: Sorry for the incredibly long post. Smiley I just like to take pictures hehe
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007 05:23:41 PM by foob » THIS ROCKS   Logged

limeandaquastudio.b logspot.com
Wists - foob.wists.com
sammimag
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2007 05:23:44 PM »

foob and bronzfrog great packages the both of you!

All that green it's so pretty.  The spa cocoa them is great.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2007 05:38:48 PM »

I have to echo sammimag- I love all of the green items that you received, foob! I love how everything coordinates! And, I love the hot chocolate/spa theme basket that you sent to bronzfrog. Just a bit jealous...(although I'm sure that the package I get will be just as great!)

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
foob

i smiled, i smiled

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2007 05:59:13 PM »

I have to echo sammimag- I love all of the green items that you received, foob! I love how everything coordinates! And, I love the hot chocolate/spa theme basket that you sent to bronzfrog. Just a bit jealous...(although I'm sure that the package I get will be just as great!)

Grin

I love that green too. It's the color of just about everything I own. lol Even my car. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

limeandaquastudio.b logspot.com
Wists - foob.wists.com
coral
Yarn Rescuer!

beer gut

« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2007 07:06:16 PM »

Okay! Here are the pictures of the items I received from hardyswanton01:

All together:

Clotted cream, Irish Breakfast Tea, After Eights, French Roast coffee, Coffee body scrub, and a lovely mod-podged box to store my coffee or tea in.  My fiance almost broke into the After Eights before I snapped a pic but I slapped his hand away, lol.

The needle roll (I've wanted one of these forever!) that I immediately put all my needles in.

The very nicely knit tea cozy made with 100% wool, that fits my teapot perfectly! I love the color, it's a dark charcoal grey, one of my most favorite colors. (EDIT: ok well the lighting in my house is obviously very bad, the tea cozy is actually dark brown, which is also a favorite color of mine!)

I love everything!  Thank you again, hardyswanton01!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007 07:27:48 AM by coral » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get some yarn! Jewelry! YARN! 
www.blackcoral.etsy .com

Vintage Sewing Patterns!!
www.saltwatersupply .etsy.com
bronzfrog
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2007 08:13:51 PM »

foob spoiled me rotten.   love the coco!

thanks for posting pics. hopefuly my camera will be home from the hospital soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HobbyHorseAGoGo.ets y.com
razorsharp

rely a bit too heavily on alcohol and irony.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2007 08:29:07 PM »

Okay heres the stuff I sent yarn_tart.

This is just a close up of the embroidery on the tank top. I'm so glad it fits! I hope you find your camera cable because I would love to see an action shot.

These are chocolate cookies made with crushed tea (I used Republic of Teas Vanilla Almond tea, so good.) These are a very special creation of mine to fit the tea theme, they went over so well in our house that I make them every three or four days now to keep on hand (same with the biscotti)

Heres the bag I knitted. It ended up WAAAAY smaller than I thought it would, but it was the first thing I did with cables so I think it turned out okay.

This is the biscotti. I make my biscotti a little less dry and flakey, because I like to eat it as a suppliment to my coffee, not dunked in my coffee. So, its almost like shortbread.

And the really fun thing!

I sent her yarn dyed with tea too! (I also put frozen blueberries and raspberries in with mine to add color.)

I'm glad everything made it there safe. And boy do things ship quick from Ohio to Nevada! I sent on Monday and she recieved today, she sent on Saturday and I recieved on Monday. SUPER QUICK!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011 08:59:41 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

design. dye. knit. spin. sip.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Alyssa Wallace: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 2
Mallory Cornelison: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 2
Mallory Cornelison: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 1
Megan Moore: The Revlon Makeover Challenge
Marianna Hewitt: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...