A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Non Paying Buyers - What to do Feedback wise?  (Read 1094 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hollylynne

step away from the cashmere

View Profile WWW
« on: April 26, 2007 05:04:50 PM »

My apologies in advance if this has been discussed somewhere else, I swear I searched before posting!

I had a buyer order a purse from my shop exactly a week ago today but payment didn't come through.  2 days after her order i sent her a polite convo (saying if she was having paypal troubles we could arrange another form of payment, etc.).  Then a few days later I sent her an email saying more or less the same and letting her know that if she didn't respond I'd have to report the transaction to Etsy so I could try and get my fees refunded.  No response at all. 

I can tell from her feedback that the day she ordered the purse from me she also ordered 2 purses from other sellers and paid for them.  She could have just forgot about mine, or maybe she found others she liked more and now she just isn't planning to pay for mine.  Who knows. 

I plan to report her as non-paying on Monday (the 10 day mark) but I was wondering: what do you guys think about leaving negative feedback in this type of situation?

I'm torn between wanting to leave it so that other sellers know what happened and being afraid she'll just go after me (even though, obviously, I've done nothing wrong).  I don't want to be mean spirited about all of this . . . if she'd emailed me back and said she just found other items she liked better I'd be understanding and just try to cancel the transaction.  But the fact that she is completely ignoring my emails is really upsetting.

Any advice?  Thanks in advance guys Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007 07:52:34 PM »

mmmmm I would  leave a  negative.... we all as  buyers and sellers  kno whte  system and how it  works. she is  choosing to ignore you. simple as that  she is choosing  the  negative not  you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
thingwraith
Awaiting zombification

Horse Montage!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007 10:27:23 PM »

That really sucks, I would hate to have to deal with a sticky situation like this. =/  If you don't want to leave negative feedback without knowing what really happened, maybe you could leave a neutral feedback explaining that she ordered and didn't pay but you don't know why.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://zomboid.com
My website, newly redesigned as of 9-2010! ^_^

http://facebook.com/heycookie
Yes, I have one of those, too. ^^;
shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007 10:46:16 AM »

Maybe you're being caught by a spam filter? Open a free account somewhere using your etsy name, and try to contact that way.

Edit - nevermind, this is an old topic. Blasted thread necro...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames.com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007 11:05:00 AM »

Please leave a negative.  I haven't used etsy much but I was an ebay seller for a while.  It's very helpful to other sellers to leave a negative AND if she retaliates and people look into it at all they will side with you.  Just leave a cool and factual comment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hollylynne

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007 11:39:28 AM »

thanks guys.  there's still a teensy bit of hope that she'll come through and pay this weekend, but i'm not holding my breath  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007 06:26:44 AM »

If you're required to pay a fee to etsy if you don't report her, I would report her. You're not under any obligation to pay for a customer's change of mind like that, and all she had to do was respond. Sure, she feels guilty about it, but honestly, that's her problem.

Now, if she has an aol or yahoo email address, I would give it some more time. Your email might not have gone through and you won't necessarily get a notification of it. I had to stick a message on my website for those emailers not to order stuff until I could get a test email through to them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FineGirl
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007 06:31:03 AM »

Leave a neg and report it to admin to get your fees back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hollylynne

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007 09:48:58 AM »

thanks for all of your advice kids.  I did report to Etsy this morning and also left negative feedback.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the transaction gets cancelled before she has a chance to post a malicious negative about me. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Hot Sauce for Buffalo Wings
How to Make Hot Dogs in a Thermos
How to Make Hot Dog Relish
Homemade Thanksgiving Stuffing
How to Make Memphis Barbecue
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...