A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Favorite Children's Book Round 4 (SIGNUP 4/26/07 - 5/6/07) CLOSED  (Read 8339 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« on: April 26, 2007 12:45:09 PM »

Swap name: Favorite Children's Book Round 4
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: bethiej78
Sign-up date range: Thursday 4/26/07 - Sunday 5/6/07
Send Book By: Saturday 5/19/07
Send Crafty Items By: Saturday 6/23/07
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): YES, 20 (this is my first swap organizing, and it's fairly complex to organize, so i want to keep it relatively low)
Non-US participants allowed?: Yes
All ages allowed?: Yes

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: N/A, limited

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Additional Rules (borrowed):
1. If this is your first swap please read: (http://www.craftster.org/swapsinfo.html) to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
2. Please bookmark this thread or post here. All updates will be made here and this will help you to keep up with everything.
3. I will give detailed feedback (other than positive/negative) if any of the following apply:
-  Great Swapper: For those who follow all the rules.
-  Good/poor communication:  Went above or below the call of duty to keep the organizer informed.
-  Sent late/early: Three or more days late or early.
-  No dc number: Failed to comply with the rule about using a delivery confirmation number for packages within your own country.
4. PM me and your partner with your DC number when you send. PM me and your partner when you receive, and thank your partner. Post pictures in the gallery within a reasonable time afterwards.

Things happen: if for any reason you need an extension, please let me and your partner know via PM. That way I will know that you are not flaking and you will not receive negative feedback.

Part of the fun in swapping is seeing everyones loot. If you do not have access to a camera, let your partner know BEFORE they send so that they can take pictures before sending out.

Details of swap:

Each person will send a copy of their favorite children's book to their swap partner (to keep!). Copies of books can be found at local used book stores, library sales, Amazon.com, Half.com, Overstock.com, etc. If you order online, you may ship the book directly to your swap partner. Books must be shipped by Saturday, May 19th! I will need DC#s or scanned receipts from everyone!

Your swap partner will then read the book and craft items that are related to or inspired by this book. These crafts must be sent by Saturday, June 23rd --again with DC#s or receipt scans.  This is just over a month to read and craft, and should hopefully be enough time.  Be kind, and try not to send an extremely long book!

All swappers will make (& receive) 1 large, 1 medium, and 1 small crafted item (or something equal to that..1 large=2 medium=8 small; 1 medium=4 small).   If you and your partner decide on a smaller/larger amount, that is fine as long as you both agree ahead of time.

For some inspiration from the past swaps:
Round One Gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=43329.0
Round Two Gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51869.0
Round Three Gallery: (thanks zelda.suicide!) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=98363.0

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!  Smiley  And if you don't feel like you can meet these requirements please don't join, nobody likes having a partner flake on them.   Undecided 

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Favorite Children's Book Round 4
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? (remember you are sending two packages): YES/NO
What crafts do you do?:
Anything in particular you'd like to receive?:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007 06:24:01 AM by bethiej78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
bethiej78

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007 12:53:59 PM »

List of Approved Participants:
1. bethiej78
2. ghostgirl
3. Ezri_B
4. HelenM
5. FlowerWitch
6. SherNWT
7. noelle
8. petskin
9. yarnisfun
10. lizzle
11. loopylamb
12. zelda.suicide
13. cutiepi
14. hp_nerd
15. globox
16. CjSachiko
17. stick
18. jesa
19. picklesticks

everyone should have "in progress" in their profiles by now...please PM me if you don't.  Also PM me if for some reason you didn't get your partner's info (or got the wrong info) - just want to make sure I didn't make any mistakes.

Round 1 of sendout (books) by Saturday May 19th!  Send me either a receipt scan, DCN, or forward me an email receipt.  If you order from any online website and want to forward me the receipt through email, my email address is: tatum0708@yahoo.com.

Round 1 of sendout: (status updates for round 2 of sendout can be found in the gallery, linked below)

ghostgirl <----> zelda.suicide

CjSachiko <---> Ezri_B

HelenM <-----> FlowerWitch

hp_nerd <----> SherNWT

noelle <------> lizzle

petskin <-----> balletfreak

yarnisfun <---> loopylamb

globox<-----> picklesticks

stick --> jesa --> bethiej78 --> stick

We had one group of three since we had an odd number of participants.  A group of three is actually really confusing in this swap, so here's how it works.  For the book swap, bethiej mails her book to jesa, jesa mails to stick, and stick mails to bethiej.  Then, for the crafting part of the swap, jesa crafts for bethiej, bethiej crafts for stick, and stick crafts for jesa.

blue = sent
navy = sent, waiting for confirmation or receipt
green = received
purple = both
(hopefully we won't have to use these two)
orange = late w/ communication
red = late no communication

Gallery Link:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=171558.msg1758601#msg1758601
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007 06:32:31 AM by bethiej78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
ghostgirl
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007 12:57:12 PM »

I just sent in my info!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bethiej78

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007 01:04:54 PM »

woohoo!  our first participant!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ezri_B
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007 01:27:06 PM »

Oh, this will be fun, and is perfectly timed. Now I have to narrow it down to one book!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

HelenM

Acting like some kind of 50s housewife

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007 01:28:45 PM »

Message sent  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SherNWT
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007 06:25:36 PM »

I sent my info I hope somebody will send to Canada.

Sher
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noelle
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007 06:56:14 PM »

Now I have to narrow it down to one book!

yes, how on earth are we going to decide?   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
petskin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon

I'm actually Nodsu... that means Piglet :)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007 08:23:42 PM »

I hope somebody else is interested in doing something, that little kids would enjoy while reading their favorite book Smiley   I just have to figure out, what my girls fav would be.... Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.nodsu.etsy.com   * I love personal swaps Smiley*
bethiej78

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007 06:02:00 AM »

No worries Sher, we have a few people willing to send to Canada!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose the Right Yarn for a Knitting Project
How to Cut Fabric
How to Engrave Your Drinking Glasses
How to Decorate a Shadow Box
How to Tie the Sheet Bend Knot
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...