A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
705 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: green slouchy hobo bag  (Read 7059 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tinafish
« on: November 07, 2004 04:02:37 PM »

k so this was a test run. i made the pattern up myself so it's still a little rough around the edges. the part where the purse and the strap are sewn is miscalculated so the strap is skinnier than the purse at that area...also i have to find a way to add an interior lining ...hmm... anyway, i love the shape. i've been trying to make one like this for awhile now and was afraid to use any fabric and actually mess up on it...but had this left over green to try it out. unfortunately this purse doesn't and probably wont have lining.

anyway, i just wanted to share...if any of you have any suggestions to make it better please let me know!
thanks!

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010 09:04:06 AM by rackycoo - Reason: to fix images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kate conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004 05:21:18 PM »

Very cute idea! I love that style of bag, it's really comfy to carry and I feel like it's secure because of the way it tucks under your arm.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkSatin
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004 07:18:53 PM »

Thats beautiful!!!!

If this makes sense, I'm not feeling the pleats.. I don't think theyre pleatted enough  Huh wow I have a disasterous time explaining myself. The flower on the side is sheer perfection. I'm loving the colour as well. What kind of material?

Any hopes of a tutorial in the near future? I would love to make one for my sister.

katecygnar - i agree with the "secure" bit, I love hobos because I keep misplacing my purses, and with hobos, I can feel it under my arm at all times so it isnt out disappearing anywhere  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dorkabrain
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004 09:40:47 PM »

oooooh that's a really pretty colour, I also like the way it sits. Looks so comfy.

Pinksatin, did you mean the lines of the pleats didn't go far enough down the bag?

Still, looks good, I second the plead for a tutorial.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkSatin
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004 04:45:57 AM »

Pinksatin, did you mean the lines of the pleats didn't go far enough down the bag?

yes thats it  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinafish
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004 07:12:02 AM »

yes thats it  Cheesy

i totally get what you are saying. i think it's because the pleats weren't deep enough...like i didnt overlap far enough. i'll try that next time around. ...and as soon as i perfect the purse, i will add a tutorial. thanks for the help!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wildcheddar

sugar magnolia, sunshine daydream

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004 10:47:13 AM »

tutorial, please, at your earliest convenience! it's great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

don't tell me this town ain't got no heart
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004 10:49:28 AM »

Very cute! I second the request for a tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
SewPixie
FOC Bandit #12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2004 05:54:05 PM »

yay! i remember you talking about wanting to do this bag. it turned out great. i'm sure you'll be able to perfect it now that you've had a try at it.

you could maybe taper the bag at the ends to meet the strap if you really like the strap width.  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:See profile for blog & Flickr info!:.
i love seth
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004 07:28:05 PM »

SO cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Diner Celebrates Anniversary With 1956 Prices
Decadent Hot Dog Recipe
Sweet and Tangy Vinegar Coleslaw Recipe
Pan-Fried Chicken and Gravy Recipe
Home-Run Baked Beans Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...