A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decoupage: cabinet "pompeiian style"  (Read 11088 times)
Tags for this thread: decoupage  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007 12:15:02 PM »

GORGEOUS! I love it. I'm afraid to admit that I'm a bit of a wimp and that I just slap a fresh coat of paint on things. I wish I wasn't because that is absolutely lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007 01:02:49 PM »

Beautiful!  You took a boring peice and made it into something very special!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
McJulie-O
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007 08:36:08 PM »

I find myself enchanted by your carefully orchestrated transformation of a "nice" piece of furniture into a Work of Art! Well done!

And I love the companion Fake fresco!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melliferous
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007 03:17:12 PM »

Well done! This is an excellent piece - I bet this would sell for a lot in a store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
swampdragon
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2007 02:31:58 AM »

Thank you all very much for your nice comments! Seems as if here are some Decoupage-lovers around.
I have had now some time to look around Craftster and am a bit confused to find Decoupage projects scattered in at least “Miscellaneous Completed Projects” and “Crafty Housewares: General” and “Crafty Housewares: Reconstructed”. Especically I can’t tell the difference in the Crafty Housewares section. I even translated “victorian blender” from the short description of the board and I know now that it is a mixer (and not a hurricane lamp/lantern as I suspected)  but still this doesn’t help me to see the difference. And if I look at the edited projects  people also don’t  know or it is not of importance.
I stumble over the meaning of “reconstructed”: Do I (have to) give an object a totally new meaning to edit it here or can  say a table still be a table after my “treatment”?
So I would like to edit more of my things, but meanwhile “have seen too much” and now I  don’t know where I should edit them. It would be nice if someone can explain me the difference. Sorry, if this is a stupid question, but English is not my first language and sometimes you just don’t get it.

Andrea
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2007 10:14:45 AM »

There isn't one specific place for decoupage projects because the medium on which you work can be very different. For example, a decoupaged table and a decoupaged journal are two very different items. I had to go and look for the "victorian blender" and the english word that is used is "vintage". Vintage is a mostly ambiguous word and can be used for anything and everything dating from the 1980's and earlier. Usually it's meant to indicate something that is not yet an antique [100 years or more old] but older than 10 years. Frequently it is used to describe things from the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's. The description is in reference to using an old item to make something new, in this case creating an electric lamp from an old blender [which is an electric mixer frequently used for things like milkshakes, and margaritas.] Sorry if I'm over-explaining!

As to where to put your projects...I don't spend a lot of time in this part of the site, but if you're ever in doubt you can send a private message to the moderator of the area [retroeva] for more clarification.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
swampdragon
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007 11:18:26 AM »

TheBon, thank you for taking the time and writing the explanation. (No apologies needed. I am a teacher and there is no such thing as over-explanation... Grin )

So, if I turn a mixer into a lamp it's is definitely something different and this means that I am indeed  in the wrong department (because my cabinet still is a cabinet), but then a lot of other posters are wrong, too. But it looks as if you don't have to take this sorting too seriously. I think that is a compromise that I can live with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
susankg53
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007 03:06:50 PM »

love your cabinet, it truly looks like it is very old but very beautiful
THIS ROCKS   Logged
staciart

Old, but not rotten...yet.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007 02:45:25 PM »

Brilliant! Just beautiful Cheesy  This would be SO expensive to buy donchaknow... excellent attention to details!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pisicandru

Don't be stupid!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007 02:54:09 PM »

Your cabinet is beautiful .... and yes - probably you can sell it for quite a lot of money in a ritzy butique.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hairdressing Essentials Hair Serums
Hairdressing Essentials Holding Products
Hairdressing Essentials Scissors
Hairdressing Essentials Kit Bag Extras
Hairdressing Essentials Hair Straighteners
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...