A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Penpals!  (Read 29850 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: August 06, 2008 06:02:11 AM »

Hi there!  I just found this thread so, I thought perhaps I'd post.

I'm located in the United States.  Hubby and I have just celebrated our 8 yr wedding anniversary.  But, we have been together for 11 years.  We have one child and 2 dogs.    We are video game addicts, which must be hereditary because our child is also a video game addict.  Im fascinated with tattoos and eventually would love to get my back and my arm finished.

Movies:  I love Disney movies Pixar movies.  Oh, and of course Im a fan of ones like grandmas boy, a night at the roxbury, guess who, my best friends wedding and others along that line.

T.V. shows:  I love lucy, Step by step, Sabrina the teenage witch, Two & a half men, Scooby Doo,

Sports: Eh, I dont like them

Crafts: I love Crochet and sewing the best.  But I can make origami, shrinky dinks, decopodge, and a variety of others. 

Music: I like alot of types, but i dont listen to much music unless Im driving in the car.

extras:I love to cook.  I think Its because of my grandpa though.  Before he became a sargent in the army he originally was a cook in the army.  He loved to cook, and therfor taught me everything I know.    gardening, Hubby and I love gardens, vegetable ones!  Again, everything I know I learned from my grandpa.  But my hubby taught me a thing or two about them as well.  I hate stero types & following the crowd.  I get all giddy when I see a puppy or kitten.  Hubby has to tell me 'no more pets'.  ha ha!  I cant help it, I love animals!  I want to eventually get another iguana but, with two dogs right now, im not allowed any more pets.   ha ha!  But, Im currently taking classes to become a Veterinary Assistant.  So, that way even though Im not allowed any more pets I will be able see & help animals on a daily basis. 

I would love to have a penpal from Japan.  Im fascinated with everything Japanese!  And how cool to exchange some United States items for Japanese items!  Oh yes, awesome indeed!  But, if your not in Japan, send me a pm anyways, I'd be super thrilled to be penpals with any craftster addicted person like myself. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
Moonrise

=^x^= crafting cat

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2008 01:06:17 PM »

Hi everbody!

Name: Kristin
Occupation: Editorial journalist, but I work halftime, so that I have enough time for my other obsessions (at the moment I'm studying psychology and practising for a translator degree in English and I write novels). My ambition is to work freelance as a lector, translator and writer someday.

I've also got a website, which is in German, but you can have a look in my crafting galery or in my general galery to see photos of me, my boyfriend and my cat Wink

What I'm looking for:

I would love writing to some snailmail penpals. Especially from Scotland or England, but I'm also interested in French and Spanish speaking penpals (my French is quite good and I have just begun to learn Spanish). U.S.A. or Japan would be nice, too (I learned some Japanese a few years ago but I have forgotten most of it). I prefer snailmail (no email) and doing small personal swaps.

Crafty obsessions:

My favorites are crocheting (I'm a fan of The Happy Hooker Wink ), sewing, beading and polymer clay, but I also do nearly everything else.

Would love to start or learn more about:

I'm very tempted to make glass beads or resin pendants.

Non-crafty obsessions:

Cats, reading and writing novels (horror and fantasy), films (same genres), zoological and botanic gardens and museums, Japan (including the language), my Wii (Zelda and Wii fit) and my clarinet, although I don't play much these days. And I'm a roleplayer Wink

Colours:

Turquoise
, petrol, blue, black, dark red, dark green, silver.

Movies:

Pans Labyrinth, Stardust, Star Wars (especially the old ones), Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, The Piano, Lord of the Rings, Resident Evil (the first part), Felidae, Sleepy Hollow.

Books:

Stephen King in general, especially It, The Talisman, Carrie and Insomnia, The Medicus by Noah Gordon, Harry Potter 3 and 4 ... I like really many books so I better name my favorite novellists who are J. K. Rowling, Michael Ende, Stephen King, Noah Gordon, Judith Merkle-Riley, Thomas Harris, Sergej Lukianenko, Peter Straub, Jostein Garder, Neil Gaiman and Marion Zimmer-Bradley.

TV:

I watch TV very seldom ...

Music:

Nu Metal (KoRn, Disturbed ...), 80ies (Depeche Mode, Queen), Electro.

Animals:

Cats, owls, seahorses and Koi carps Smiley I collect cats.

Food/drinks: 

I love Terry's Orange Chocolate, but you can't buy it in Germany  Sad I also like every other kind of chocolate (including chocolate ice cream and chocolate cake), moussaka (greek menue with eggplant, hash and potatos), bifteki (greek menue with hash and feta cheese), spaghetti and noodles in general, pizza, sushi, tempura, carrot cake, blueberrys, raspberries and strawberries  Cheesy For some reason I hate zucchini. My favorite drinks are Pepsi light, cocktails and a lot of coffee.

Other things I like:

Thunderstorms, aquariums, the sea and the beach, witches, cute bats, fairy tales, rainbows, the sky by night, butterflys and dragonflys, warm summernights outside, cozy winter afternoons, markets (flea markets, medevial markets, christmas markets...).

Please write me a PM!! I'm looking forward to snailmailing with you Wink

Kristin

*** I've found one very nice penpal but I could easily write to one or two more Wink **
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008 09:21:32 AM by Moonrise » THIS ROCKS   Logged

* * * My gallery * * *
I'm looking for penpals for exchanging snailmail and small personal swaps, plz write a PM if you're interested Smiley
BDDesigns

watch my blog!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2008 02:36:28 PM »

Hi there!  I'm looking for just 1 lovely, nice crafty snailmail penpall who loves to do some small personal swaps  Grin, I love to have a penpall from Japan, but when you are from an other part of the world, that doesn't matter.

I'm from Holland, so excuse me when my English is a bit bad.
Here some information about myself
Name: Brenda Dijkstra
Living: Together with my boyfriend, 2 hamsters and a lot of fish  Cheesy

Crafts: Sewing, beading, drawing and painting horses, paperworks like scrapping, stamping, making personal care stuff like soap or lipbalm
Other obsessions: Horses, Lost, Buffy, Harry potter, retro, rubber ducks (I collect a lot of them)

Movies: Harry potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Johnny depp movies, Gangs of newyork
Books: Harry potter, Anne rice, Stephen king
TV: Lost, Buffy, Angel, Project Catwalk, NCIS
Music: No Doubt, Evanescence, Guano apes, Within temptation, but I like also some pop music, dance etc. It's just in what kind of mood I am.

Like's: Owls, Cherries, Strawberries, Fantasy, Russian dolls, Japanese stuff like kawaii hello kitty, small personal swaps
And of course you as my penpall!!

So don't wait any longer and sent me a message

x Brenda

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take a look at my blog with cool tutorials and my postcards(owls)
http://bddesigns.blogspot.com
My Etsy Store
http://www.etsy.com/shop/bddesigncrafts
Elizaknits
SabreQuillPrincess

Real vampires don't sparkle

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2008 08:13:14 AM »

Hi everyone! If anyone wants a pen pal on crafster to PM then i'm here.

Age/s/l: 13 (looking for someone around that age too)
girl
Central FL
Crafts: I love to knit, bead, paint, recon, want to learn to sew, and looking at crafster projects.

The person who pretends to be me likes to:
She writes (obbsesivley) and spells (obviously) badly. She fences and plays violin where she is, respectivley, not bad and not very good. She has worked backstage, onstage, upstage and underneathe the stage (funny story there). She speaks in a british accent when she thinks no one is listening, sings karaoke when there aren't many people and plays tennis when she's sure no one is looking.

Movies: Princess bride, labrynth, vantage point, the devil wears prada, six sence, second hand lions, hitchhikers guide to the galaxy , HP (only because of Alan Ryckman and evana lynch) brekfast at tifanies, twelve angry men, school of rock, nacho libre, sky high.

Books: HP definitley, I'm obbsesive. princess diaries, chasing vermeer, rick riordan, PB kerr, chicks with sticks.

Music: Hilary Duff, The fray, francesca vattacheli and the halo Friendlies, Remus Lupins, Tonks and the Auras and finally, Draco and the Malfoys.

Sports: fencing, swiming, tennis Undecided, dancing around in the rain like a crazy person.

Other likes: rain, chocolate, animals, bowling, my dog, my evil hamster, and mochimochiland.com
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008 08:52:36 AM by Elizaknits » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elizaknits
SabreQuillPrincess

Real vampires don't sparkle

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2008 04:49:43 PM »

GAH! I killed the thread!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gabi14

Dr Who on the brain. ~~<3

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2008 12:50:04 AM »

Hi everyone. Cheesy

Name: Gabi aka Gabrielle Smith

I reside in Perth, Western Australia, yes the most isolated capital city in the world.
I live with my mum and my gorgeous little cat Pippa.
 I'm 13 turning 14 in December.
I love Smallville, Dr Who, The Tudors and Home and Away.
I'm a writer and a photographer by nature but I love to try new things. In my spare time I go to school (Haha) and do Taekwondo (Yellow belt <3)
I spend most of my time of the computer or watching tv.
I love jewellery and small ornaments that I could put on my shelf or on my pin board.

I would prefer to have a penpal in the UK or somewhere in Europe or Asia. (Since I have three in North America.)

PM me if you are interested or if you want any more details.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008 01:16:14 AM by Gabi14 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thomas Marow
« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2008 11:44:35 AM »

Hi everybody!

Name: Heather Creighton
Occupation: I'm a stay-at-home girlfriend at the moment, as I'm waiting to ship off to Basic Training (Navy) which will be sometime in the future. I plan on going to the Defense Language Institute (for hopefully Russian) where I will be trained to be a translator.

What I'm looking for: A snail-mail buddy! I'm not very picky. I'd love to do small swaps as well.

Crafty obsessions: I am ADD when it comes to crafting. If it looks interesting, I want to try it. My focus at the moment is crochet and cross-stitch.

Would love to start or learn more about: Anything ^.^ It'd have to not take a lot of time/space though, as I live in a studio apartment

Non-crafty obsessions:
Harry Potty, Meat Loaf (the singer) Kitties, and David Bowie

Movies:
Labyrinth and Sweeney Todd

Books:
Harry Potter and Outlander (Diana Gabaldon) mostly. I did like Twilight for a bit, but the last one disappointed me so much that I couldn't like any of the first ones.

TV:
I like documentaries on interesting things, snarky sitcoms, and things that I don't have to pay a lot of attention to.

Music:
Lots of things! David Bowie and Meatloaf being the top two. I will go through phases where I will listen to something to death (usually because it's giving me a fanfiction day-dream)

Animals:
Cute things! Even non-cute things when they are being cute! Mostly kitties, as I get along well with them. My mom says I have mystical powers when it comes to cats, because even the grumpiest cat will let me pet them.

Food/drinks: Soda and coffee (which I had to give up)... candy.... I don't like cinnamon flavored candies (because they burn) or licorice.

If you wanna be pen-pals, feel free to drop me a pm!

Heather!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987, 1597, 2584, 4181, 6765, 10946, 17711, 28657, 46368, 75025, 121393, 196418, 317811....

Available for personal swaps Smiley
flora
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2009 10:32:36 AM »

hello everyone!

Are you looking for a penfriend? I'd love to exchange letters with you. I'm a university student and am looking for penfriends between the ages of 20 to 32. We could write in English, Italian, German, Swedish or French. If you are interested, answer here or send me a personal message.

Have a great day!

Best wishes Flora
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miss_kassandra
« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2009 05:06:13 PM »

Name: Kassandra
Im currently studying accounting and im doing co-op with my family business

What I'm looking for:
For someone who likes to write snailmail and/ or would like to do personal swaps.

Crafty obsessions:
Scrapbooking, journals, and I also like to try different crafts.

Would love to start or learn more about:
I would love to learn more about different cultures

Non-crafty obsessions:
Reading, traveling, learning different languages and watching movies

Colours:
Blue, green, pink and brown

Movies:
house of 1000 corpse, mamma mia, the freedom writes, wanted and many more.

Books:
Giles blunt, J.K Rowling, james patterson

TV:
family, the Simpson, cold case files, American justice, south park, and one tree hill

Music:
pop, country and dance music. I try to listern to abit of everything

Food/drinks: 
I love poutine (fries, gravy, and cheese), pizza, gummy candy. I love teas and do not like coffee.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps Smiley
Willing to trade 1.5" sqaure of fabric

http://www.wists.com/miss_kassandra
Tara1979
They Saved My Life...

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2009 08:14:08 PM »

I thought I would update my profile, since it has been nearly 2 years Smiley

Name: Tara DK

Job: Digital Scrapbook Designer & Free Lance Illustrator

Crafty Interests: Many many crafty interests Smiley I love making all kinds of jewelry, with my latest passion being Rosaries, Prayer Beads, Earth Beads, earrings with natural stones, funky wire pendants, etc. I also love to make cards, scrapbooks, postcards, ATCs, origami, envelopes, stationery, and so forth. I am an amateur when it comes to crochet, but I still love it. I hope to learn knitting and sewing, since they are wonderful skills to have and many of my generation don't know how. I love plastic canvass, cross stitch, collage, decoupage, etc. I pretty much will try anything once. I would love to get into resin, but for now it's just not affordable. One day though Wink I would love to do more with card making and beading. I'd love to learn how to use a bead loom, do some weaving, what have you...it all looks amazing, and I used to know how (we're talking 20 years ago though, lol). I also enjoy oil painting, acrylics, drawing, etc. I love ATCs, and am trying to use my paints for those.

Movies & TV: Numb3rs is by far my favorite show! I am trying to watch less tv and more movies. I recently saw Twilight and loved it (haven't read the books though), Quarantine (disappointment), Marley & Me (lovely film!), The Day The Earth Stood Still (awesome, now I need to see the original), and a few others. This past summer I finally watched the Saw films (first through 4th), and was very impressed (at least the first one I was V.E.R.Y. impressed with). I want to see Mall Cop, and a ton more that I have forgotten the names of, lol. I love horror films, spooky thrillers and the like. I sometimes like comedies, depending on who is in it and the subject matter. For example my fave comedy is Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle - it has DK & Kal Penn (yum!) in it (love!), and is mindless idiotic humor (perfect for a day that I just need a good laugh). I like a lot of actors, and try to see many of their films. I also collect movies, and have well over 500 VHS and about 30-50 DVDs.

Books: I love books, I have so many it's disgusting (unless you are me and love books, haha). I try to read a lot - I always have a few books on the go. Right now I am reading Beedle the Bard (it's small, I know, but it was a Christmas gift and didn't want to finish it that morning, lol). I am also working on Inkspell, Harry Potter (#6), and a few others (mostly pocket books that I got from freecycle).

Foods: I love food! I love Chinese, Ukranian, etc. I love junk food and foods that are not good for you, but I am diabetic, so I need to behave Wink I love pop, but drink only diet. I used to drink it like water, but lately that's been subsiding. I've fallen in love with herbal teas, thanks to my best friend Smiley She drinks a lot of tea, and when I stay with her (usually a few weeks out of the year), I end up drinking the same thing. Right now I love peppermint tea, white tea with raspberry, alokozay tea, etc. I like fruity tea, orange spice is lovely Smiley

Music: I will listen to anything once, give it a try. I'm not too fond of music that I just can't hear (my hearing is degrading, so senseless noise isn't fun IMHO). Right now my prefferences are mainly top 40 stuff Smiley

Collections: Oh many things! I have a huge collection of books, recipes, photos of David Krumholtz (I'm up to 2000 already), celeb photos & autographs, earrings, beads, charms, movies, PS2 games, decks of cards, polished stones & crystals, tarot & fortune decks, ATCs, stickers (huge sticker collector here!), yarn & fabric, patterns, sewing machines, stencils, punches (the ones that make the punchies), paper & loads more. I'm actually a hoarder, so that clues you into how full our place can get, lol.

Other Things I Like: I love reading. I love to write ~ I keep a journal, along with several blogs. I love photography, walking around a local park, feeding the marmots at said park, playing video games (GTA, Hunting, Spyro, HP, Dog's Life, Simpsons, Sims, etc), playing board and card games, digital art & tagging, and much more.

About Me: I'm married to a wonderful man. We've been together for 6 years, married for 3. We have no children yet, but do live with 5 very spoiled cats, 3 chinchillas and 2 rats. I love animals! All kinds!

Well, not too sure what else I should add. I love pen pals! I love pals from other countries (postage is a non-issue)! I adore Australia, England & Ireland (well the Isles as a whole), Italy, Russia, etc. I'd love to learn new languages (all I know is English), but for now I will try to send little notes in your language using a translator site (with the remainder in English, lol). It doesn't matter where you live, I'd love to have pals from around the world! Neither does age and gender (males are welcome to write me, in other words). I do ask that you not push your religion on me, as I will not push mine on you 

So...write me! Hope to hear from you soon Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Selectively Colorize an Image in Photoshop Part 1
How to make Lenoir Lashes in Photoshop - Part 1
Healing Hair Chore for Photoshop
How to Green Screen Extract Wispy Hair in Photoshop
Sketch Tutorial for Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...