A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,215
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Penpals!  (Read 33386 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

latch
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2007 09:56:20 AM »

Ohh I'll join in ^^

Basics

Name: Latch (nickname lol)
Location: Estonia (don't let it scare you, it honestly isn't THAT far :p

So, about myself.

People tell me I'm friendly, open minded and caring. Also that I'm different than a lot of people my age (at least over here) because I don't have the same priorities (a.k.a mine don't involve drinking and partying lol) I like to ask a lot of questions and get into long discussions over interesting stuff. I love making new friends and I trust people easily (is that bad, lol?)

I'm always up to learning or trying something new, or teaching someone something new, too.

I like to watch movies of various kinds, same with music, I'll listen to anything as long as I like it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE travelling and different cultures/countries/languages.

If my DNA was off one percentage point, I'd be a dolphin.

I am considering going to uni in the UK when I'm done with school here, because I love english as a language, english as people and england as a country ^^

I usually prefer snail mail to emails. Don't know why though, I guess it's the anticipation of getting the letter.

As to crafts, I knit, crochet, scrapbook, cook and also sew a little.

Sooo, PM me ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
celticgoddess

Extinction is forever

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2007 01:37:18 PM »

I love penpals! More so the snail mail kind.

Name~ Emerald
Local ~ South Carolina, USA
Age ~ 23

About me...I have a wonderful hubby, Jeff, and we have a zoo of pets. One dog, Shamrock, two cats, Phoenix and Gypsy, a rabbit, Zebby, and a fish. I love to write, read, play and listen to music, knit, crochet, cook, mostly baking,  make jewelry, glue things together, and learn new stuff. I've been almost everywhere, and want to do it all over again.

Music I like is really varied. I like some punk, lots of old and newer rock, classical, blues, a little of this, a little of that.

Movies, I like a lot of movies, mostly drama or horror. I am a sucker for 80's movies.

Other than that, I collect faeries, masks, anything Eeyore, or Tinkerbell, some things Goodluck bear. Love pirates, mermaids, and four leaf clovers!

Now have one penpal. Always open to more.....
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007 12:11:14 AM by celticgoddess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was on the moon at the time.....with Steve.

http://www.wists.com/celticgoddess

http://pinterest.com/lovezombie/
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2007 08:56:59 PM »

oh i remember this from before! but so much has changed in my life! lets see...
 my name is kate. im 32.
i live in NC, im org from NY. moved here 5 years ago.
i live with my fiancee, chris and our kittie naughty. i
m vegan straight edge. i hate using labels. i have been for over 12 years.
i have lots of tattoo and plan on getting more. yay for chris being a tattoo artist.
i like to sew, paint, decopauge, embroider, um.. i like to hot glue stuff.
i love day of the dead, which is why most of my crafts a related to that.
i like all kinds of music, hardcore, punk, its so hard to describe
i work in the ER at the trauma center here. i love it.
i want to go back to school, but...its hard to get back in the swing of it.
tv shows i like, my name is earl, heros, csi, law and order, scrubs, somehow i get hooked on watching spongebob  on the weekends.

i feel like im signing up for a dating service!! eek!! the fear of rejection!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
cold.dinner
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2007 10:53:55 PM »

Well, hello you guys.. I'm looking for one more penpal.. heh.. i will paste my profile here again.. but if it's not allowed, my profile is on page 2. Smiley

*I'm Tiffany, people call me tiff or tiffy.
*I live in both Italy and Singapore.
*I'm Chinese(not the China kind, the Singapore kind.. Theres a HUGE difference). They like to call us bananas. You know, yellow on the outside and white on the inside.
*I am nice generally.
*I'm 19 with a 91year old brain as people tell me.
*I quit business school. Am learning business from the School of Life with a PhD(Polytechnic Half-way Dropout). Doing bits of stuff to start building my fashion empire(a bit ambitious I admit).
*I crochet[mostly amiguri(spelling)], knit(so far i havent completed any big projects yet) , make stuffed stuff, make fimo stuff, sew a little(mostly clutches, wristlets), origami(my fav to make is daffodils), bead stuff(jewelery and trinkets), friendship bands, macrame.. so a little bit of everything.
*I love dogs, I think they are like teddies that are alive.
*I like all kinds of colours. I don't think theres such thing as an ugly colour. I think all colours are nice depending on the colour coordination, pattern and material. uhm.. Can't stand sweet colour combinations or too much pink.
*I liked "the curious incident of the dog at night-time" by mark haddon and "carey" by stephen king.
*I like watching the Ellen Degeneres show(ugh), My name is Earl and Striscia(Italian variety show)

I'm not very good with these intro thingy.. I hope this would suffice.  Smiley Look forward to hearing from you!  Kiss PM me!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nyx_slittleDemon
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2007 08:53:47 AM »

Hi. My name is Katrina and i will be 21 next month
I live in Michigan USA, i dont really like it much anymore. ive been here all my life and want to move somewhere else..even tho i will say i love going up north still...its very pretty. But as of right now im working at moving in with my boyfriend Smiley
Right now im not working. I was a Nanny for 4 years for a bunch of kids..once i had 8 kids all at once everyday for a few months lol.

crafty obsessions..I knit.. crochet..sew, also love to cook, bake and what not. right now looking at what to do with dryer lint..lol

would love to start or learn more about: Id love to learn more about making yarn so maybe i could...even if its just dying yarn to get my own color. also maybe making paper..

non- crafty obsessions: I read allot. I love harry potter, of course lol. i like tattoos but i only have 2 right now but plan on getting a few more. one soon im thinking of being something to do with knitting, i got all my knitting needles and tons of yarn from my grandma who passed away this year so it will be for the love of knitting and her. i love cooking and trying new things, never go by the recipie lol. my boyfriend is big on video games so im getting into them too..right now i love the wii and resident evil 4 lol. another obssession im working on is a huge blanket im knitting of mario mushrooms/star/ and whatever else i can think of mario wise for my boyfriend for christmas. i dont think ill get done by then since its taking forever BUT it is oh so cool. Smiley

colors: My fav is purple, but i really dont wear it much. i like olive green, white black , and some red. i am very basic and boring lol

movies: i like all kinds of movies, mostly horror but really..havent seen a good one in awhile

tv: I dont watch tv much anymore other then the news and my boyfriend is in love with almost anything on comedy central...which is funny but sometimes a bit much lol. i do like the show the office tho..actully in love with that show..and i like heroes allot Smiley really thats the only shows i watch anymore tho.

music: I like country music..almost all of it, but i hear all diffrent kinds with my friends so im good with anything

animals: sadie...my boyfriends pupppy lol. i like cats to have one but not one to have cats on everything Smiley i love all animals so its hard for me to say any i like

food/drinks: fresh bread with lots of butter..and potates..and (sp) perogies..mmm.

Not sure what else to say. if you have any questions ask Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IMIS
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2007 01:03:32 PM »

Hi! My name is Simi, and I recently turned 18!
   I live in New York.
   I am currently attending a culinary school, studying to become a pastry chef.
   I love animals. If I could, I'd have a whole zoo, but I guess for now my pet cockatiel Disney is good enough.
   I am a vegetarian, thinking of maybe, maybe becoming vegan in the future.
   I enjoy art, which includes, drawing, painting, doodling, and looking at it. I love visiting museums. When someone asks me what I want to do on a free day the answer is go to a museum. I wish I got around to them more often.
   My new favorite TV obsession is Pushing Daisies. I also LOVE The King of Queens. This will always be one of my favorite TV shows. I also love watching Martha Stewart, and shows on the Food Network. My other favorite show is Judge Judy. She is HILARIOUS, though I don't think I'd be laughing if I was in her court room.
   I also like doing puzzle books, such as Fill-It-Ins and Sudoku. I love challenging ones that really get my brain going. It's a great feeling to finish a puzzle that didn't look finish-able.
   I'd have to say my favorite time of year is end of November through December. I LOVE Thanksgiving! I love that cozy Thanksgiving morning feeling, where all you want to do is curl up in a ball and watch the Thanksgiving Parade and Miracle on 34th Street on TV.
   This is all I really have to say for myself right now, but I'm sure if you decide to become my penpal, you'll find out more about me!
   I'd prefer a penpal from Alaska or Hawaii, and if not from there, somewhere on the left coast, in the US. I would like to exchange letters, by snail mail! So if you are interested, please don't hesitate to PM me!
   Thanks and have a wonderful day!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am looking to swap for knitting needles and supplies! If you are interested in doing a PERSONAL SWAP with me, please PM me! Thanks!!!
madame_caligula
Anime Otaku/ Crafter/ Gamer

I find I relate more to Max & Ruby as I get older.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2007 02:33:18 PM »

I thought to myself, Why?. Then answered, Why not? So here goes.

Live physically in the eastern US, but mentally somewhere past the edge of the old maps that read Fill this space.

Ive been contentedly married to my husband/deranged soul mate since July 2002, and expect to remain that way forever. We have 2 wild and wicked children, boy and girl, that keep me fairly run off my ass most of the time. Between the large male hubby-child and my two biologics, the social graces have neatly fallen by the wayside. Ive long thought about having a pen pal, someone I can share thoughts and interests with who wont immediately start pestering me about setting up playdates for our kids or harass me with wanting to carpool or combine shopping days for ease of parenting. I love my kids, but when the young ones are off to bed, I like to try and retain a bit of my former self. Indulge my interests for a while.

Those interests are:
Crafts- I sew (clothes, purses and bags, functional housewares, etc.), cross stitch, use polymer clay, make jewelry, loom bead work, crochet, stamp, decoupage, sketch. Im learning to get the best out of my Photoshop, and am curious to try knitting. Mainly to make amigurumi.

Music- I was a headbanger, but find I dont listen to the old bands so much anymore. My current faves are Gackt, Within Temptation, Thee Michelle Gun Elephant, Angela, Evans Blue many more. Mostly goth rock and Japanese Pop, with a lot of anime soundtracks thrown in for good measure.

TV- Not so much. Who has time? I do the dvd thing, and get entire seasons or series of something. Love anime. Different kinds. Gungrave, Get Backers, Haibane Renmei, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, GunSword, Witch Hunter Robin, Fruits Basket, Girls High, etc.

Books- Read and dug the Potters. Who hasnt? Terry Pratchett is my own personal pocket god. I even own Strata, which says most of what you need to know about me. Love manga, and indulge privately in graphic yaoi. But my real passion right now is Natsuo Kirino. Her crime/murder/slice of life novel Out was translated to english and I devoured every page. Now desperately crave anything and everything of hers. And wish I knew Japanese so I could read them without waiting for trans.

Have been insatiably interested in eastern culture for years, and would very much enjoy exchanging letter-space with someone who shares the same, or someone in Japan who would like to tell me about their boring mundane Japanese city life (which I secretly yearn for) while I tell them about my boring mundane American city life (which we stereotypically have the impression they secretly yearn for).

So thats enough of me to give you an ideaLooking forward to hearing from you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beware: Someone pretentious is looking back at you.
cynlynn

Honey, milk doesn't come from chickens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2007 11:47:03 AM »

Hey, I'm Cindy. I live in Russellville Arkansas with my wonderful guy and son. I am 25 and love all things crafty and thrifty.

I knit constantly, love to read, love music(punk and metal mostly), I have a strong love for anthony burgess and john irving, and I love magic. My s.o. and I are starting a local chapter of the IBM (International Brotherhood of Magicians)..We are so excited.

Right now I am a stay at home lady..I will be going to School for hair next year.  I love sending and getting snail mail!! So this is very exciting!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/cynlynn
Personal Swap anyone?
magentasunshine

making the world more cute since 1986.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2007 10:05:21 AM »

Hey Smiley
It's been almost 2 years since i last had a penpal :~ they didnt last long, though. I miss so much writing letters and sending lil' stuff about me and my way of life to my penpals all over the world! guess i'm gonna post my bio again.

My name is Danielle, I'm 21 year old brazilian girl. I live in Sao Paulo and never got to know other countries ... Next year will be my last year of Graphic Design college, it's been 3 long years so far! But I like it. Still don't know what I'm gonna do with my life after I graduate.

I live with my parents, brother, my cat Pipo and my boyfriend - who is a photographer - spends most of the time here. I'm willing to move out with him soon, maybe next semester!

I used to craft a lot, now i really don't have that much time when i'm not in vacations from school. But I love to sew, specially purses! I also know how to knit, even though i've never got to finish my first scarf, I'd like to knit more and better. Brazil is really warm, in the end we don't use much wool stuff... I also like origami and other paper crafts like book binding, journal making, paper toys, etc. I like customizing t-shirts too! freehand drawing to stencil.

I love illustration, photography, movies, tv, reading, cooking. I'm a vegetarian and chocolate addicted! I don't drink coffee, but i'm a tea lover.

I'm a Harry Potter fan, but right now i'm focused on reading the books for my graduation project!

My favorite TV shows are CSI, Cold Case, and i'm a Heroes & LOST addicted. I also watch other stuff like Ugly Betty, L Word, Everybody Hates Chris, Queer Eye for a Straight Guy...

I'm a music lover, from electro to rock. My favorite bands/djs/musicians are The Smiths, The Cure, Death Cab for Cutie, Daft Punk, Tegan and Sara, Erlend Oye, M.Ward, DJ Tiga, 2ManyDJs, Madonna.

That's it. I promise to be a good penpal and write as soon as i get your letter. PM me, I have no penpals right now, I can handle 3 or 4! Wink

EDIT: i have 2 penpals, still openf for one more! *11 january 2008*

« Last Edit: January 11, 2008 10:50:39 AM by magentasunshine » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dani Cruz
Gina At the Disco
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2007 01:46:31 PM »

Name: Gina
Location: New Jersey (you haven't been to the beach unless you've been to the Jersey shore)
Pets: two beagles, Beatrice and Delia ( or B and D)
Hobbies: softball, crafting, attempting to play my electric guitar  , baking, shopping, listening to music, being a total spaz, talking to random people (psht on that whole don't talk to strangers rule), reading
Obsessions:converse high tops, anything yellow, shoes, clothes, cupcakes, my guitar, music, starting projects and then never finishind them
Goals: go to culinary school, have people look at me and say wow i wish i could pull off that outfit   Wink
Music: anything that sounds good and has a good beat... i love older stuff like The Beatles, Buddy Holly, The Who,and Queen but I also love Cute is what we aim for, Jack's mannequin, Dashboard Confessional, Taking Back Sunday and many more
Tv: probably way too much...Heroes, Degrassi, pushing daisies, desperate housewives, greys anatomy, ugly betty, anything on the food network

would love a pen pal...possibly by email but whatever works =]
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007 01:18:37 PM by Gina At the Disco » THIS ROCKS   Logged

listen to the music playing in your head
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best Colors for Redheads
Julien Macdonald - London - Spring 2014 - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
How To Get The DKNY Runway Look For Less
Ways To Wear Boxy Tops
DIY Gladiator Sandals: VIBE Vixen Style Profile
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Simple Casserole Carrier
Keep Calm and Treat Mum
Meatless Monday: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...