A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,753
Currently Running With Scissors:
765 Guests and 44 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Penpals!  (Read 31110 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

drisana
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007 04:03:02 AM »

Hi!

Name: Cathy (I know, it’s an English name, but everybody called me ‘Kati’ in the German speech)
Occupation: train as digital media designer (for digital- and printmedias e.g. poster, notices in newspapers, prospectuses, business cards, flyer etc.)

I like reading (no special category, simply much different) / listening to music / something undertake with my clique / something cook or bake with my best friend / travelling / to do a creative chaos in my room / lost and many other series / dancing / board games - but also my WII and Nindendo DS / to puzzle / jigsaw / bird-of-paradise flower & gerbera / cocktails / movies / organize parties.

I love PINK.

My craftiness: stencil, painting, sewing (particularly bags Cheesy ), decoupage, cards, mix different techniques etc. (I have a half craft-store at home ;-) )

Updated: June 12th

« Last Edit: June 12, 2007 08:48:27 AM by drisana » THIS ROCKS   Logged

unpainted

sorry for my bad english Smiley
iheartsk8rs

Jon Fratelli is my lover

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007 02:01:23 PM »

Hi! I'm Shay. I'm almost 21, in college (ghetto community college, but about to transfter in a couple of weeks) I dont know what PM-ing means, and i don't have it, but you can email me if you want. iheartsk8rs@yahoo.com. I live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I love the Fratellis, the Arctic Monkeys, and everything else except for country and rap. uck. I am a bookworm, a pack rat, a wiccan, and a bit neurotic. I'm also painfully shy and not the best at conversation until you get to know me, and i stutter like the village idiot. Smiley but i like to think i'm fun. I'm addicted to the fashiion magazine Allure. I want to go to Chatham College and major in english to be a editor in a publishing company. If you want to pen with me, like i said, email me, cuz i seem to be the only person on the planet who doesn't know what pm-ing is. Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So if you're crazy, I don't care you amaze me.

"Kelso, its six in the morning! Did someone glue you to the fridge?"
"No."
"Kelso. Did you glue yourself to the fridge?"
lindsoriah

In character at all times

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007 02:45:02 PM »

I dont know what PM-ing means, and i don't have it, but you can email me if you want. iheartsk8rs@yahoo.com. ... cuz i seem to be the only person on the planet who doesn't know what pm-ing is. Smiley 

PM is just a private message, which you can do by clicking on the speech bubble under a person's userpic/username, or by clicking on the person's name and there will be an option that says "send this person a private message".  it's free and craftster alerts you by e-mail when you get one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, accessories, disguises, animals, riding my bike, pen pals, and the Lone Star State.
dizzylizzy

dreamers have become an endangered species

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007 12:32:23 PM »

Hi!
My name is ElizabethGrace, but most of the time I just go by Liz. I just turned 20 two weeks ago, and I am from Virginia. I grew up by the beach (Hampton Roads area) but I moved to the mountains (Winchester) for school. I am a biology major, which really wasn't a good idea for someone with cataracts, considering biology revolves around microscopes. Ah well, maybe I"ll switch to chemistry.

I have dabbled in pretty much every type of needlework- sewing, embroidery, crochet, knitting- but I haven't really perfected my technique in any of them. But I've been working on projects a lot more lately to help ease my discomfort from my migraines. I pretty much have a migraine all day every day and my medicines aren't helping much, but I find crafting to be really relaxing.

I am also an anime/manga fanatic. The stories just seem so much more creative and alive than others. Arina Tanemura is my favorite! The music and subplots and everything for FullMoon was just amazing. And, recently my boyfriend got me watching BLEACH. I don't normally like shonen, but at least it's not oozing testosterone.

I used to be really big into music when I was in high school, but I guess I've become disconnected. I've been stuck in this rut of anime soundtracks and Nickelback and the all american rejects for a few months now. I was in the concert and marching bands, and everyone was always sharing commentaries about new bands and reviews for cds and concerts. So I was totally in the know about good bands. But now, other than the conservatory, I don't have really have that here. It makes me sad.

Let's see, what else is there?
Oh, I am a total sucker for all things cute and colorful. Especially anything with pink, purple and spring green together. Except now I am trying to learn that things need a function. I can't have really cute but non-useful things littered around my apartment.

I have a little calico named Skittles, she is more entertaining than most things on TV. I even think it's funny when she goes into heat and bothers my male roommates.

I would be ecstatic to have a creative penpal. It would be a pleasant retreat from all the sheep that surround me.

EDIT MAY 11: I have two domestic penpals, but I would still like to have an international penpal.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007 04:51:23 PM by dizzylizzy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

fruithead
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2007 03:06:48 PM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Jessica, just turned 24, from Ontario, Canada. I live in a very boring suburb just outside Toronto and am paying my dues as a reporter for an independent newspaper there. Eventually, I'd like to make a living writing novels.

I'm a TV addict. While The Office (US version) is my absolute favourite, I also waste my time watching Heroes, Gilmore Girls, all CSIs, Criminal Minds, Prison Break, ER and much much more. Like I said, I'm an addict.

I'm a book collector with shelves full of titles I've yet to read. I love Douglas Coupland, Harry Potter, classic children's literature, 1984, The Robber Bride, To Kill a Mockingbird, Stephen King and crappy horror paperbacks.

My music tastes run mostly indie rock but I love finding new music and love making mixes for other people. Some of the stuff I'm listening to includes Regina Spektor, Joanna Newsom, the White Stripes, the Decemberists, Tegan and Sara, Death Cab for Cutie, cheesy 90's one hit wonders, 80's music, and the occasional guilty pleasure I'd rather not admit to publicly.

I'm a big movie fan. Anything horror is fantastic, even if it's really awful. Some favourites include High Fidelity, Reality Bites, Pet Semetary, Harry Potter, Annie, Empire Records. I also love stupid comedies like 40-Year-Old Virgin and Wedding Crashers.

As for crafts, I'm sort of a procrastinator. I buy lots and lots of supplies and rarely complete anything. But I'd love to have a penpal to make stuff for. Paper crafts and handbag making are what I usually do.

And just to let any potential penpals know, I'm a computer nerd. I play computer games. I've come to a point in my life where I'm no longer shamed to admit it.

So that's me, in short. I don't want to be picky about a penpal but I'd prefer someone who is single (my love life is nonexistent and I'd love someone who can relate or at least share dating horror stories) and has no children (I'm so far from having kids, I just can't relate).

OK, if there's someone out there who thinks I'd make a decent penpal, just PM me.

May 24: got one penpal, still open for more Smiley
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007 03:52:53 PM by fruithead » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2007 03:41:14 PM »

Hello Everyone!!

Im Joe-Anne, I will be 19 in a couple months, I live with my boyfriend/hubby Mark, and our 3 Cats ( Strange, Heavy Metal and Winter ). We rent a basement suite on the st.lawrence River, which is in Eastern Ontario Canada.

I love safari's and africa, and nature. We have our place themed around africa and its culture. As well as nature and earth.

I sew, knit, embrioder, plastic canvas, cross stitch, make jewerly, scrapbook, and i try my hand at anything.
I am desperatly trying to learn to crochet and it just doesnt work! lol

For t.v i watch, Full House, Roseanne, Married With Children, CSI, CSI Miami, The Sopranos, Reba, The OC, Simpsons, King Of The Hill, Family Guy and things like that.

For music I like alot of the oldies, 70's, 80's style.
AC DC, queen, led zepplin, ozzy, aerosmith, alice cooper, april wine, bad company, guns n roses, joan jett, pink floyd, tom petty, styx, steve miller band etc

For books, I am right now reading the v.c andrews series, and i read princess books, teenage books, and romances, i like alot of like highschool type books etc. i do alot of reading, and i keep track of everything i read.

I am addicted to animals and love them with a passion, and my cats are my world. i sound like a crazy cat lady.

I have a pretty boring everyday life, i wake up, and clean, do crafts, watch tv, take on something new, and go to bed.

But I always have alot to talk about, or something new is happening, tales to tell, atcs to trade etc!

Please PM me if youd like to be penpals!!

I have one penpal! as of may 11th
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007 09:53:20 PM by TwiztidBlood » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
CheyElizabeth
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2007 07:40:56 AM »

Ooh!! I so want a pen pal!

I'm Cheyanne, from Houston Texas. I'm 21 and a single mom of an almost 3 year old girl. I work in Engineering right now but I'm back in school for psychology (HUGE difference.. I know.. turns out that the engineering world wasn't right for me..)

I live in an apt with my kiddo, (she doesn't have a 'dad', he left before she was born, no big deal though, I have a great family) and I have a WONDERFUL new boyfriend who I am pretty sure will be 'the one'  Grin

I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan, and a fan of reading in general, I like to learn how to cook, go to the beach (its only 10 mins away!), play at parks, do outdoorsy stuff.. I'm a huge music fan, Alkaline Trio is my favorite band. I'm really big into family, my little sister is my BEST friend. I love and adore my friends also.

Craftwise,  I love to sew. I flirt with many other crafts but my worst problem is starting tons of things and never finishing them. I'm also a fan of making something instead of buying it.. like my curtians & household items.

I would love to have a pen pal to exchange letters, cards, & crafts with! Please PM me if you're interested!

EDIT: I have a penpal now!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007 06:31:44 AM by CheyElizabeth » THIS ROCKS   Logged
razorsharp

rely a bit too heavily on alcohol and irony.

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2007 09:21:02 PM »

Okay, well, I'm going to post this but I have my eye on someone up a bit in this thread so I think I'll message her after I post my bio.

My name is Daniella, but I go by Dani. I am 25, not legally married but live with my boyfriend/fiance/husband who I've been with for four years. We live in Las Vegas, NV but I'm orginally from Anchorage (and Homer) Alaska. I lived in Alaska for my whole life up until I was almost 21 and then I moved to Tacoma, WA for a few months before falling in love with my boyfriend on the internet and taking a Greyhound down the west coast to meet him. And then I just stayed here!

I'm in college, (community college, fixin' to transfer to a four year though) I started as an interior design major, then was in business, and now have officially changed my major to sociology, though it's sociology with a psychology leaning. I'm completely obsessed with how people work, why they do things and how they operate in and with certian cultures and enviroments. I consider myself a global citizen even though I have never lived outside the US. I am a tourist to all cultures.

Crafty wise, I knit. Knit, knit and knit somemore. I love to knit. I crochet as well, and I'm actually better at crocheting, but have recently discovered that I'm okay at knitting and have been plugging away at making a business out of designing dog sweaters. I am the proud mommy of two miniture schnauzers (actually techniquely they're 'toy') named Dixie and Allie, and we also have a rescue cat we call The Buhunkis. She's a tiny lion, or well, at least she thinks she is.

I love to read (Terry Prachett, Neil Gaimen, Chirtopher Moore, Poppy Z. Brite, Laurell K. Hamilton) though I feel I rarely have time. I blog (www.danido.com) and spend most of my spare time worrying. I am a recovering agoraphobe and have been trying my hardest to get over my fear of leaving my house alone. In the meantime, I spend most of my days watching day time television, reruns of Law and Order, CSI(s) and Mythbusters. I am recently unemployed, after deciding that my 50+ hour a week job was sucking my will to live. Right now I'm looking for a job that only makes me work just enough to keep myself in gas, dog food and yarn.

Anyways, this is getting long. I (obviously) love to write, and would absolutely love to have a pen pal to write to, share mix cds with, crafting advice, ideas, etc. I'm on craftster pretty much all day, so you can expect a speedy reply from me!

UPDATE I have one penpal! I would love another closer to my age though (mid to late 20s).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007 10:16:01 AM by razorsharp » THIS ROCKS   Logged

design. dye. knit. spin. sip.
stefferoni
cinderelly cinderelly

mini me

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2007 08:05:08 AM »

decided to post here again..i'm totally inept at search engines/features, even there's arrows pointing to it..i don't even know where mine is in the old topic.  Roll Eyes

i have a couple of wonderful penpals from here..but hey, i'm greedy for more.  it's always fun to shoot the doodoo with someone on a fairly regular basis...say, once a week.  more is great, but i'm setting the bar lower.

i'm mostly a sewfreak..with crochet following really close to that, i've started dabbling in resin jewelry/geegaws again..the early spring days are usually spent outdoors, though, trying to set my garden to rights..that way, in the summer, all i have to do is pull some stubborn weeds, water & basically enjoy the fruit of my springtime toils.  my crafting takes a beating in these days to the hypnotic siren call of my garden.  there's plenty of time for crafting when it's 100+F here.  i've got a pretty good view of the pool, so i can still happily sew while keeping an eye on the sprogs (i have 3).  i mostly make & sell purses.  it's a pretty lucrative enterprise, really..in our small town of 12,000.  one i'm taking advantage of, as long as it lasts.  i'm not a seamstress, really, but i've made pillows, curtains, aprons, layettes, bibs, etc.  pretty much word of mouth, which is the bestest ever! 

when i can (my husband helps me keep an eye on the schedules by setting the memory, bless his heart-i have short attention span), i watch CSI's, ugly betty, house, medium, eureka, dresden files..and pretty much any cheesy B-movie stuff they have on the sci-fi channel. i'm also a huge UFC fan.  i read a lot, too..ayn rand, patricia cornwell, david morell, dean koontz, alice hoffman, cormac mccarthy, hemingway, isabel allende, amy tan, jane austen..with some romance authors thrown in there for balance, kathryn smith (she's super nice, too-hi kate!), eloisa james, julia quinn, etc.  i love to cook, too..the more intricate the recipe, the better.  i love playing with my kids..they're my buddies.  hmm what else...oh, i have a few penpals from when i was 10 that i still talk to now..it's amazing..we went through puberty, all the teenage hives & college woes, met a couple of them, too..and now have children of our own, i love them as much as i love my family.  i'm blessed in my friends!

cripes! ok, here i thought i was just going to type a wee paragraph..and i end up with this..i always ramble.  anyhugh, that's me in a walnut shell.  thanks for having the patience to read through all the gooblygook.  have a great day!

update: ok, i've got 4 penpals now...and i don't want to neglect any of them, so i'm on hold..though anyone's welcome to drop by for a hello & chat!  have a lovely day, people!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007 05:43:14 PM by stefferoni » THIS ROCKS   Logged

will do personal swaps, please.  i have tons of fabrics..you have?? wanna trade?

www.mangojellie.etsy.com

"This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes."
love_suicide
Beware the Lurkness Monster.

Slytherin princess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2007 04:15:56 PM »

Hope we can still post here.

Hello!  My name is Cynthia. I just turned 17 in April, and I live in southern Indiana.
I am a horrible crafter *sob*. I can barely sew (but I'm taking a class next year to get better!), I like to crochet but I can't read patterns. I like to make jewelry and recon t-shirts. I design clothing rather well, if I do say so myself.
I'm a pretty basic teenager. I love music: mainly rock and pop rock. I write poetry and dabble in a little short story. I like to draw and love to color. (I'm basically just a kid at heart.) I love fantasy characters and creatures. I love love love to read. Mostly fantasy again.
I'm pretty much a fashion/diy junkie. I like model shows and fashion shows. I love home renovation shows, almost anything on the diynetwork. I like to cook too because I enjoy making dishes look nice. (i.e. decorating cakes)
I'm like a lot of horror stuff. Plus anything classic turned horror is just amazing to me. Some of my favorite characters are: misc. Harry Potter characters, Alice in Wonderland, Marie Antoinette, Cleopatra, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, any kind of faerie, Dorian Gray, Dracula, pretty much any kind of vampire, Van Helsing, princesses, evil queens, not evil queens, cutsey little animal things, cute anime anything....hopefully you kind of get the idea. It's really ecclectic, but so am I.
If you want to know some more about me/see some pics or whatever check my myspace: http://www.myspace.com/tradgedy_ann
I tend to ramble so sorry about that, but I hope any of this helps!! Thanks for reading.

Edited: May 12, 2007
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007 05:00:24 PM by love_suicide » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph in Infra Red.
How to Use Positive and Negative Space
How to Select What goes in the Image
How to Create a Sunstar Effect in Camera Part 1/2
How to Take a Beautiful Cityscape Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...