A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cloth Pantiliners  (Read 6752 times)
Tags for this thread: cloth_pad  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

supersolar

ripping stiches builds character

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007 02:38:54 PM »

reusable pantiliners?  my mind is exploding with evironmentally goodness!

a tut would be most appreciated, as i tend to use (TMI) a lot of pantiliners.  do you put an absorbant whatsit inbetween the two fabric layers?  and i'm not that good at sewing round either, although i'll have an interesting time explaining this to my mother.

ah, who knew a pad could be so cute, charlie

by the way, i am a girl, just so no one gets too weirded out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist!
etsy!

i am a cake bandit.  and a nerd.  and i make stuff.  and i am in love with racer x.
saralynne
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007 02:52:44 PM »

There's already some good tutorials on craftster for cloth pads.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=18462.0

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=99412.0

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=34087.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tenshinoyo
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2007 09:38:29 PM »

Wierd question...but how do you get these to stay? LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love to do swaps for Hello Kitty fabrics & sewing patterns, crochet patterns and etc. I also am almost always looking for Hello Kitty fabrics to buy
SuperLupus
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007 01:09:52 AM »

Sooooo how does one wash these cloth pantiliners? Should they be soaked or rinsed and can they be machine washed?

TMI time!!! I like to wear pantiliners almost daily. It absorbs sweat as well as other unwanteds. So yeah if I'm on the go at all... Nobody likes swamp crotch... oh I kid. And I dislike that sometimes the adhesives stick to the fabric of my panties.

I understand the velcro thing BUT does one sew velcro into a certain set of panties (leaving others velcro- free)?

I do like this idea. I hate paying ever rising prices for a product that only pollutes in the end. Plus I can shape them as I like, rather than taking whatever style's on sale.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008 12:36:21 PM »

Sooooo how does one wash these cloth pantiliners? Should they be soaked or rinsed and can they be machine washed?

TMI time!!! I like to wear pantiliners almost daily. It absorbs sweat as well as other unwanteds. So yeah if I'm on the go at all... Nobody likes swamp crotch... oh I kid. And I dislike that sometimes the adhesives stick to the fabric of my panties.

I understand the velcro thing BUT does one sew velcro into a certain set of panties (leaving others velcro- free)?

I do like this idea. I hate paying ever rising prices for a product that only pollutes in the end. Plus I can shape them as I like, rather than taking whatever style's on sale.

Wings hold them in place just fine. They snap/button/velcro/whatever around the panties. I just wash mine with the rest of my clothes, nothing special. If you worry about staining, the easy way is to use a fabric that won't show stains! Smiley  Two layers of flannel at a minimum I'd say (just because one layer feels soooo flimsy). Or two layers of flannel with a strip of terry cloth inbetween 'just in case'. Or one layer of flannel and one layer of fleece. If you don't have a sewing machine, you can handsew them - all of mine (about 3 dozen - I got a little carried away...) are handsewn. They take me an hour or so to sew. I've never tried velcro though.

If you're on the go - just bring an extra liner or 2 and a snack size ziplock bag. Fold the used one in half and put in the ziplock bag. Put it in the hamper when you get home (or the next day if you forget like I do Embarrassed ...)

OTOH - if the only reason is to save money, just be sure you can stop making/buying these once you have 'enough' Cheesy Cheesy I mean, you'll start noticing all sorts of cute fabric at the store that you just have to get to make another one or 2 or 3 ....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chronicdoodler
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008 08:45:52 PM »

I am so happy everyone is so comfortable on here. When my mom saw me making the cloth pad she thought it would never work, my sister thinks they'd be uncomfortable, and my friends thinks its gross Tongue. Strangely, my father is the only one who thinks its a cool idea. Why is my dad and I the only one comfortable with the natural process known as menstruation?

*shrugs* I have made some pantiliners, tomorrow I am going to buy some more cotton prints and some PUL, maybe I'll give that hiking cloth thing a try for my overnight pads.

Thanks craftsters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gardenpicnic
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008 06:00:56 PM »

So pretty!

You did a wonderful job, these looks so proffessional Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bronzfrog
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2008 05:41:28 AM »

Unfortunately I need pantiliners on occasion like when I have a cold.  I have looked at the other tutorials and they don't seem to be what I need.   I would love to see a tute for these.
Thanks for saving the froggies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HobbyHorseAGoGo.ets y.com
ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2008 07:21:03 AM »

Unfortunately I need pantiliners on occasion like when I have a cold.  I have looked at the other tutorials and they don't seem to be what I need.   I would love to see a tute for these.
Thanks for saving the froggies.

One that worked for me (as a starting point anyway, I've adjusted it some for size etc) is this one - I used just the 'base' piece - it's the one that looks like a rounded off square. Cut two pieces of flannel, sew them together, sew on some snaps and done. I do them by hand, so I sew them together right sides together leaving a gap, then turn them inside out and sew the gap closed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bridgetbegins
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008 06:25:06 PM »

I know this is super old, but I will do my best to put together a tutorial this weekend!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

At least you'll never be a vegetable- Even artichokes have hearts.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Last Supper Tarragon Peas with Carla Hall
How to Make Veggie Jambalaya
Sourdough Waffle Recipe
Sour Cream Waffle Recipe
Cheese-Stuffed Doritos Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...