A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
422 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I only have till midnight to decide on a sewing machine.  (Read 510 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

latortuganegra
Because I can make it myself!

I Pity the Foo'

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2007 09:18:01 AM »

Hey overstock is having like a 10$ off thing for new customers and 1 dollar shipping. Overstock is sweet.
Well THe hing is that im kinda streching the dollar (as all students do)
Im wondering which is a good machine to start out with . Remember guys this is in an effort to save a buck here.

Heres the purty purple one =) But do i need all of its features?

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?page=proframe&prod_id=1736884&IID=prod1736884

This is the second one its pretty basic now both are being marked down by at least 10 dollars.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?page=proframe&prod_id=1553000&AK=1

So which is the best one for me . ill be doing shirt recons bags maybe a pair of skinny jeans or two but nothing major like quilting. Maybe a dress but thats a shirt related recon. Stuff like that. So am i ok gettin the cheaper of the two or is it better i spend the little more on the purple one. Its just a thought that if i get the purple one it wont be used to its full capacity whereas the cheaper one will.
So if you guys can give me some ideas or offer your advice id greatly appreciate it. Plus i only have till the end of the day midnight to buy it on this 10$ off sale thing.
+D
Ok thank for listening.

*** UPDATE****
So i bought the cheaper of the two and recieved it today and boy do i regret it. I dont know too much about machines but i know this THe bobbin winder on the cheaper one is horrible and it even began to shred my fabric. im returning it and getting the purple one i had to zoooom into the picture and i realized it had that bobbin winder that im used to handling. So sigh now i must wait.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007 07:52:39 AM by latortuganegra » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Macgyver can build a plane out or paperclips and bubble gum, but Chuck norris can kill him and take it!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pretty Savvy: Beachy Chic
Stars Sizzle in White Hot Fashion
‪How to Get Celebrity-Inspired Bikini Looks for Less‬
6 Things to Pack for a Weekend Trip
Milly for Banana Republic Hits Stores Today
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...