A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 304,755
Currently Running With Scissors:
751 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: knee length jacket - crazy print!!  (Read 4120 times)
Tags for this thread: trench_coat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SnowfallDesigns
« on: April 24, 2007 08:55:41 PM »

Well, the print isn't that crazy but when I way buying it I thought, OMG! that is a bit much, but with neutrals underneath it isn't bad!

Anyways...
http://photos-451.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v72/135/99/15938133/n15938133_34685451_1674.jpg
I haven't put the buttons on yet so I had to hold it together...made it about 2 months ago but I really procrastinate when it comes to button holes!

Side shot
http://photos-452.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v72/135/99/15938133/n15938133_34685452_1937.jpg
I lined the pockets with a dark blue fabric but I got a bit tired of working on the jacket and didn't line the rest of it, plus it would have made it a bit heavy for late spring around here.

The buttons!!  
http://photos-453.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v72/135/99/15938133/n15938133_34685453_2175.jpg
I really love them...I think it's the first time I've actually bought buttons too...I usually raid my mom's enormous stash!  Sorry they are so blurry!  The pattern calls for 6 buttons, maybe 8 but I only plan on putting two right under the bust.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010 03:44:41 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheera
Weenie-mobile!

OHNOEZ!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007 09:28:12 PM »

Oh my god its beautiful! I hope you're prepared for the barrage of "WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?" on the street.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.bunny-squids.blogspot.com I am terrible at blogging!
tricia
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007 09:30:12 PM »

That is beautiful! It looks like it fits your perfectly, you did an amazing job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laura1121
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007 09:30:41 PM »

haha that is the same fabric i bought to cover my gross couch in my apartment.  so needless to say, i love the fabric Smiley

and more importantly, you did an excellent job on the jacket!  did you use a pattern or make it up yourself?  i really want a jacket like this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
burstandbloom
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007 09:38:31 PM »

where did you get that amazing fabric? that jacket is awesome
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007 09:58:52 PM »

thats really cool .. Ive alwayas wanted a jacket like this .. in some cool fabric .. yours looks great nice job !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SnowfallDesigns
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007 10:17:35 PM »

Oddly enough, I got the fabric at Walmart - and I never buy fabric there...but it was on sale and it caught my eye.  And, yes it is upholstry fabric - though much softer after it is washed.  I think it was called "botanical garden" or something like that.  I think it is probably somewhat water resistant.  It's helarious that my jacket is also someone's couch...! 
I've gotten several comments already (my mom of course said "oh my!" hmmm...) - thanks for eveyone's compliments here!
Oh, and the pattern is Simplicity 4403!
Short pattern review - if you decide to make this jacket, pay attention to the directions and don't assume they skipped a step...I did the typical thing where I stopped reading the directions because I got so frustrated but after I finished it and read them again, they made more sense!  The step I was looking for was closer to the end of the directions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheera
Weenie-mobile!

OHNOEZ!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007 10:20:35 PM »

Haha, moms always do that. Sillies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.bunny-squids.blogspot.com I am terrible at blogging!
i_am_alexia
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007 03:11:30 AM »

my mom of course said "oh my!" hmmm

hahahahahhaha sounds exactly like what my mother would say but even if I made a plain black tee she'd find something to complain about.

I think thats one of the best things I've seen on Craftster. I'm pretty sure I have the same coat pattern, I hope so, cos this is gorgeous. I've been procrastinating on making it though, cos I'm so unsure of what fabric, but now I know I can use something awesome like this and it'll look bloody good!

And I love the buttons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zorak: Are you really that stupid?
Brak: I dare you to say that again only this time say Brak I love you.

http://i-am-famous.livejournal.com/ For all my crafty goodness.
stealthysock

shoes are a bother, it's all about socks.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007 03:36:18 AM »

i love it! i actually have some of that fabric and had wanted to make a coat out of it as well, but as it was from remnants it wasn't enough and ended up being a bag. but yours turned out so well, i'm a bit envious! good job ;0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Given the choice, I'd rather be funny than beautiful. Being beautiful takes too much work." - Gilda Radner
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph a Dog in a Studio
How to Calibrate Your Camera Part 2/3
How to Shoot a rock band
How to Understand DPI
How to Shoot a Two Year Old Child
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...