A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 306,352
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap 4!!  (Read 16879 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bruisinraincloud
☺B U L L Y☺

bully

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2007 02:33:20 AM »

gosh I want mine to get there already!

LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nothing tastes as good as being fit feels! Did you workout today???
krafty_kelly
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2007 04:18:19 AM »

Thanks itscute for the explaination on the pom pom maker.  Now that I know what it is, it makes perfect sense.  I have made pom poms before, and I surely will again with this thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2007 05:00:49 AM »

OMG I received!!!

I haven't even unwound the damn thing yet and I'm already MORTIFIED cause mine is NOWHERE near as awesome as the one I received is!!

I got some Cashsoft for the Fetching gloves, which are super cute, and I haven't made them before, and before I could even unwind I find a white sox bottle opener that plays the final call when they won the world series when you open the bottle!!!!  It is so freaking cool!!!!

I don't even know if I'll be able to unwind tonight seeing as I just got home for the day at nearly 10:30 and I still have homework to do, but OMG!  I can't wait!!

Thanks lapoli!! I do hope you like the things I sent you as well!  OK no more exclamation points Smiley

yay! i'm glad you got everything ok! i have been in moving world and i've not had internet access for two whole days!! (yikes!)  the MYB you sent to me, i'm sure, is going to make mine look like a 5-year old's playground. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meanbean
Naughty, with a pinch of Nice for a good bite

The Means To Hold Your Beans

« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2007 01:13:00 PM »

AuntieM had asked me to take pics for her since she has a heckuva time taking and posting pics Smiley  Soo....  Sorry for the quality, stupid camera phone doesn't take great pics Smiley

Here's the ball in it's wound glory :

Here's what I stuffed in it Smiley  I took these pics before winding, obviously, so the blacked out items are things that didn't make it in.  Fortunately, it was only candy, and my family was gracious enough to ensure it didn't go to waste Wink :

Seed packets, as AuntieM loves gardening, garden related stickers, reese's peices (my FAV), and Hershey's kissables, surprisingly tasty little buggers

Gardening gloves, Cocao reserve, sounded like awesome chocolate to me!, green and yellow tic tacs to match the yarn Smiley

Catnip toy for her kitty Lucille.  Wrapped in plastic so kitty doesn't think the yarn should be attacked too Smiley  Apparently I spilled some catnip in my purse prior to making this...UH OH!!  our kitty literally DOVE into my purse and was trying to eat my Addi Turbos...which apparently smell like catnip Wink LOL

This is the pouch AuntiM's mom tried to pilfer Wink  I couldn't get a good picture of the inside, but here's a nice blurry one so you can see the beautiful orange silk I got to line it with Wink

And these didn't fit in the ball, so they lined the box for her Smiley

I couldn't decide on a pattern, so she got them all!!

The yarn is Fearless Fibers (on Etsy, go see her!!!!!) sock yarn in the Kildare colorway.  I LOVE it.  I have ogled this yarn forever, and couldn't find a good enough project for it.  This probably wouldn't have ended up being art yarn for me, and between the kiddo and the cat, that spells disaster.  So - off to the girl who loves green! Wink
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011 08:54:40 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

auntiem
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2007 01:56:34 PM »

Thanks for posting the pix meanbean!
It was great to open a swap box with someone who could appreciate the contents - my co-workers will think something is pretty or whatever, but to them yarn is yarn. As she was winding she kept saying nice things about the yarn. I think someone is going to get some cabled socks for her birthday Smiley
Oh, and the chocolate I'm saving as a reward for when I finish the socks.
When I came home from work yesterday I caught the cat staring up at the top of the fridge (when the toy is stored).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2007 02:13:06 PM »

wow! looks like everyone got some really awesome things so far. i can't wait to get mine and for my partner to get hers. I hope she likes it~!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

Apple and Tree believes in the philosophy of re-using before recycling. We make one of a kind pieces using salvaged items as base material and offer authentic vintage fashions.
meanbean
Naughty, with a pinch of Nice for a good bite

The Means To Hold Your Beans

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2007 02:18:56 PM »

I just realized how little justice my picture does to the yarn!!   Roll Eyes

Click http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5822648 to see it's true beauty Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

auntiem
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2007 02:26:46 PM »

It is perfect for the knitty pattern you sent (leaf lace and cables) - but I'm too chicken for that one Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2007 10:58:55 AM »

OK, so since I completely destroyed this skein of yarn and couldn't send it to Tree27, I figured I'd post a couple of pics, so that y'all can see what she isn't getting.   Roll Eyes
Ooh, pretty colors... it reminds me of the Keys...  lol

Look, a bit of a tangle...

Yeah.  I scavenged a bit of it, I don't know how much more I can get from it though.  Then I'm just going to felt the mess and see what it does.  lol  Modern sculpture made of wool.  Sweet.  lol
Tree, you should be recieving tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
aimee_ant123
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2007 11:41:04 AM »

i recieved my yarnball from artemisfair today!! and i LOVE all my stuff!!

here is the ball: (of course i couldnt wait and knit it out)

I got 4 different kinds of ribbon (which are so cute by the way)

A knitting maching, which i have no idea how to use, but that has never stopped me before!!  Ill figure it out...Im so excited, i've seen these before but im too poor to get one Smiley

-a wallet made out of starburst and skittles wrappers and pink duct tape (im so jealous they dont sell pink duct tape here)
-a really cute starburst bangle bracelet
-pack of starburst
-pack of skittles (if you havent guessed yet those are my favorite candies
-size 10 knitting needles
-a couple of buttons (for the pattern)
-green embroidery floss (also for the pattern)
-vanilla bath salts (how did you know vanilla is my favorite scent?)
-post-it notes in the shape of the letter A (my initial)
-of course the beautiful purple yarn from joann's
-and a pattern that she wrote HERSELF!!!  for a knitted bag that just might be easy enough for me to figure out!! yay!!

I hope i didnt forget anything...Artemisfair was a great first swap partner, and i am now officially addicted to swapping!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Glossy and Shiny Hair in 4 Steps
Amoy Pitters of Amoy Couture: VIBE VIXEN Salon Takeover
How to Create Marilyn Monroe-Inspired Hollywood Hair
How to Create 1940s Style Katy Perry-Inspired Hair
How to Get Easy Hairstyles For Spring
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...