A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My kid made other kids cry with this Halloween getup...  (Read 14555 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FerretNose

Shine on, you crazy diamond...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 07, 2004 12:50:36 AM »

Gosh, i sure hope this photobucket thing works... I know the picture is sideways, but you'll get the effect. If it doesn't, I'll get my handy hubby to fix it when he gets home. Anyway, My son wanted to be a "dead zombie guy with a tie or something" for Halloween. So we got these old clothes from Goodwill, and we had him roll around in the dirt and grass outside in them, but the main awesomeness was the makeup job I did on him, not to toot my own horn... toot toot!  Grin  I used typical pancake makeup, but then in certain areas, I applied a layer of liquid latex, then a layer of 1 ply shredded tissue, then another layer of latex. When that dried I tore up the latex/tissue in a few spots and painted the skin black beneath there, and left some of it hanging. Fake teeth and grey hairspray too. One little kid started crying, another ran away, and the other Mommies were giving me a dirty look. I kinda felt bad, with my 10 year old dressed as the living dead amongst all the SpongeBobs and Spidermans...
So here's the photobucket link and I sure hope it works!!!

Regards,
FerretNose
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011 08:48:35 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wanna trade ATC's!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ferretnose/
wootwoot

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004 04:22:21 AM »

Uh.  I think your kid is going to make me cry.  That is one freaky makeup job. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

decibel
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004 04:26:48 AM »

Jeez, I toot your horn!! That's one great costume, and I bet the other moms were just jealous of your make-up skills.  Wink He looks so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
deadpixel

Even Lois Lane loves Edward G. Robinson.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004 05:42:14 AM »

that's awesome!  the world needs more cool moms with good makeup skills.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can see a lot of the world from railings."
- Ringo
FunkyOlive
Revolution Rock-making, Screen-printing, "Next Great American Novel"-writing collage artist/enigma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004 07:14:30 AM »

I think it looks great! i'm surprised kids were so scared- not that it doesn't look scary, but usually i'm the one running away!
great job!
-funkyolive
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FerretNose

Shine on, you crazy diamond...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004 09:03:31 PM »

Thanks, yall! And thank you esp. Ariel for clearing that photobucket issue up.

Sometimes I feel like I live in Stepford, PhaseII ! Grin teehee. Every holiday around here seems like a cutesy cariacature. It's a wonder they didn't get after us with pitchforks and torches. Pretty much all the kids dress as pop culture icons instead of spooky things, and doing "scary", "unsafe", "not-nice" things, even at Halloween, are pretty much frowned upon. When they do dress like witches and such, it's only the cute kind. It used to be a blast when I was a kid, before the city got involved in every aspect of celebration around here. We even had an awesome Haunted House that the Jaycees club put on every year, until the city decided it was "too scary for the little ones" and "unsafe, litigation-wise". Why don't they just come out and say it- they are afraid they'll get sued. AARGH!  Roll Eyes
Oh, and my son just reminded me to mention out that he really is a good-lookin' kid, when not dressed up like a corpse. Just had to clear that up...

Also, in order to give Ariel's instructions a try, I'm gonna attempt to post a pic of the makeup job I did on my hubby a few years ago! My hubby ain't a bad lookin guy hisdamnself, but eew, that night! Hope the pic ain't too huge.

F.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004 09:23:54 PM by FerretNose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wanna trade ATC's!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ferretnose/
xmelinda
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2004 09:24:16 PM »

kudos to you and your kid!  I always try to keep the scary in Halloween -- it's true, you don't see as many costumes with the scary angle, though this year, I did have a few real doozys show up at my door.  We did our yard spooky and actually made kids look uneasy about coming into our yard.  Yeah, that's the goal!  My husband rigged up surround speakers in the yard and played stuff like the music from Psycho and the Exorcist theme and the Halloween theme and stuff like that.  It's more fun that way, I think.

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
MsBettie
accidental microwave pyrotechnician

Jenn loves Wes

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2004 10:36:39 PM »

I dressed my 5 year old sister as Gene Simmons last year for Halloween (She LOVES Kiss!) When we ran in to one of her classmates, he was so afraid of her that he ran behind his dads legs. I love when little kids scare the crap out of eachother  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love.
~Carrie Bradshaw
xmelinda
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2004 10:41:11 PM »

OMG, FerretNose, that picture of your hubby kinda scared me just *now* when I scrolled down.  Yikes!

[also I am cracking up at your username -- we used to have 3 ferrets, and buddy, if you get right in their face and try to act all cuddly, they will go for the nose...a change from usual, when they go for the feet...they're funny though -- when we moved out of our apartment in Chicago, there were socks behind EVERYTHING]

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
The_Real_Kittygirl
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004 05:10:18 AM »

Wow! Keep up with the great attitude!! Your son looks awesome in that costume!! Don't let them make you one of the Stepford Wives!!

I love to dress up my kids (especially my daughter) into "not-so-appropriate" (bad spelling?-sorry) clothes. For example she has t-shirt that says:" My mom has more tattoos than your mom" (in Finnish), I've also made her some t-shirts w/girly skulls and so on...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Debora Spar LIVE
Top 10 Romeo and Juliet Trivia
Courtney Thorne Smith on the New Atkins Made Easy
Greg Sestero on The Disaster Artist: My Life Inside The Room
Rachael Ray on Her Book Week in a Day
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...