A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 301,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
393 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Basic Cable from...SNB Nation!!!  (Read 21728 times)
Tags for this thread: hat , cable_hat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2005 10:18:58 PM »

those are all great hats! i wish i had looked at this thread more closely before i started making one for my daughter. i love it and she loves it, but it is too short!  Embarrassed
it doesn't cover her little ears!
here is a picture anyway, and mabe later i'll try to get another one of her modeling it. (it matches the mittens i made for her from weekend knitting!...she loves purple)

i loved making it also, and i am now a cable addict...i am working on a sweater vest for my son.
Or maybe knit some earflaps? that might look wonky, but if yuo knit them with cords, you could tie it on....I dont know what i'm thinking, ignore me
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
elisha

if not now, when?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2005 11:46:04 PM »

thanks, joygoddess and littleone...
i think those are both really good suggestions. i will definitely try something...because now she doesn't want to wear it - she chooses the one my friend's mother made for her that covers her ears! the horror!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...the whole world is a narrow bridge, and the main thing is to have no fear at all...
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2005 09:36:34 PM »

thanks, joygoddess and littleone...
i think those are both really good suggestions. i will definitely try something...because now she doesn't want to wear it - she chooses the one my friend's mother made for her that covers her ears! the horror!
NOOOOOOOOOOO! Rejection, it's a sad thing.....it happens, but when there is something you can do to prevent it, I say, do it Smiley Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
socomfyhere
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2005 03:49:45 PM »

I'm thinking about buying this book and I was wondering--what size needles is this hat knit on?  Thanks in advance.. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stelladoro
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2005 11:18:37 AM »

Finished mine in one day--start to finish maybe 6 hours? Made it in a nice charcoal with Wool-Ease, and I think it could become my standard hat-for-a-gift pattern, since it was so easy and fun to knit--plus it looks really impressive and harder than it is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cajcaj2
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2005 11:54:13 AM »

I think this hat is so cute and everyone who has posted pictures did such a great job!

I'm thinking of making it, but have never used double pointed needles and I'm kind of intimidated by the whole idea - any advice on how easy it is to use them?

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
acesulfamek
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2005 12:57:19 PM »

I'm thinking about buying this book and I was wondering--what size needles is this hat knit on?  Thanks in advance.. Grin

the pattern calls for US 7 (4.5 mm) and US 8 (5 mm) 16" (40 cm) circular needles, and a set of US 8 dpns - but really, it depends on the yarn you select and your own tension when you are knitting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bkknits29
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2005 05:15:29 PM »

Yea! I finally got around to finishing a hat for my hubby. He loves it. I started out with LB Woolease, but it was making my hands red, so I frogged and did it in Cascade 220. I forget the color, but it's like a dark grey/slate/charcoal color. I think I'm going to make another for me and do a pom pom, maybe not. I've got a varigated teal cascade I think it would look good in. All in all, I'm very pleased. This was my first time doing cables and it wasn't nearly as difficult as I was afraid it was going to be. Now I'm kicking my butt for not doing this a lot sooner! Thanks to whoever mentioned doing an extra cable too, you saved me from having to frog it and re-do!

I had to take pics as soon as I finished and hubby was playing his new video game and didn't want to be bothered. I told him that he nagged me long enough to make him one that he was going to let me take a picture of him in it. Then just a close up, and the third is one of my doggie's being tortured by dh. She must have liked it since she kept it on for a minute or so (that's a long time for her)!

This is my first time posting pics, so I hope they come out!

Beth
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010 08:33:37 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
destroyed_sweater
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2005 11:14:18 PM »

I made the basic cable hat for my grandma's birthday in November.  She lives in northern California, so it gets cold there.  I used some navy Cascade 220 yarn, and I used 9 cables instead of 8 and also added 1 or 2 extra cable repeats.  This made the hat fit and it covered her ears in the end.

-Kate
THIS ROCKS   Logged
joygoddess
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2005 09:25:31 AM »

I really like that color blue!!! Awesome job! What a lucky grandma...  Grin

I should knit something soon with this Cascade 220 yarn everyone seems to love so much... I feel like I'm missing out on something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
50s Pin Up Makeup Tutorial
Sneak Peek: Birchbox January 2014
Top 5 Winter Beauty Essentials
Glitter Lid Makeup Tutorial
DIY Cracked Lip Treatment
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...