A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Basic Cable from...SNB Nation!!!  (Read 21973 times)
Tags for this thread: hat , cable_hat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amobabe

I'm a llama's mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2004 08:21:25 PM »

Great jobs on the hats everyone. I really, really love this pattern...as illustrated here, it's so versatile and looks wonderful with so many different kinds of yarns. Wow. I think I know what my next quickie project will be. Thanks for the inspiration all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cowgirl

I get lazy sometimes...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2005 04:00:55 PM »

such cute hats everyone! Great job! I want to make one too! To bad I've never made anything but a plain scarf (not even a knit two, purl two scarf!) and its going to take forever for me to get Stitch 'n Bitch Nation from my libary (its on hold)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
joygoddess
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2005 09:25:41 AM »

I think next time I make this hat, I am definitely making it with the folded brim. It looks good! I really like that color blue too.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimbabwe
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2005 01:32:31 PM »

Okay, so I have not completed mine yet, but I did my very first cable (ever!)  yesterday!

It was pretty darn funny how much I anticipated doing the first cable round -- I was intimidated and just wanted to get past that first cable! And then, when I got to it, I realized that the directions were very straightforward and I did it! I did it! I am no longer a cable virgin! I've now done 3 rounds of cabling and when I showed my BF, it was the first time he's really shown awe over one of my knitting projects! I told him that the cables were easier than I thought they'd be and he said he was going to pretend he didn't hear that, because he just wanted to be impressed.

I'll post a photo when I'm done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
natalex
Tutorial Contributor

Gotta find something to do up here in Alaska

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2005 12:50:25 PM »

I think I'm out of the loop but can someone tell me the pattern used for this hat. It's really cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my cooking and craft blog: www.knitnatak.blogspot.com
amobabe

I'm a llama's mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2005 12:55:36 PM »

Sure, it's called "Basic Cable" and is in the book, Stitch and Bitch Nation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimbabwe
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2005 02:22:42 PM »

I'm done!

Used Wool-Ease in off-white... added a few rounds of ribbing, but not enough to really make the brim foldable -- next time I would do the required # of ribbing rounds or do more than I did this time around, since I don't really like the way it looks this way... I also added a 5th repetition of the cabling pattern (so a total of 6 extra rounds).

I also attached a silver snowflake (from one of those holiday garland chains), by super-gluing it to a button and then tying the button onto the hat.

Overall, I really like this hat!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 02:10:29 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
joygoddess
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2005 02:38:45 PM »

That's adorable! I love the snowflake!!!

I'm almost finished with my second one, in olive green for a friend. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
acesulfamek
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2005 10:52:41 AM »

I finished mine a little bit ago - and it has finally just gotten cold enough to wear it here!

I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, most of a ball of each color, which makes it soft and happy.  There are more rows to the inch than the gauge in the pattern, so I just did a couple more cable repeats, but the stitches across worked out about the same. 

In case you think that the Cashmerino is a little spendy for you, take note: the purple I used for this hat was the left-over from making the "Head Hugger" pattern (and there was still a little leftover), so it's like to SNBN projects for the price of one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katiewill

My beautiful baby girl

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2005 09:19:28 AM »

I finished this last night (no pic yet. sorry... will try to do one tomorrow after I have put away all of the edges)
I loved cabling (once I figured out how to read the pattern!) and am proud that I  have one more skill under my belt!
The funnest part for me though of this one was using the yarn my folks brought me back from New Zealand: it's a merino/opossom blend! Way cool!
Will post pic asap...!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Colleen Hoover: The Most Wonderfully Unexpected Bestselling Author
Abbi Glines Reveals Her Favorite Characters
Jamie McGuire Gives Aspiring Authors Advice
10 Questions for Elizabeth Gilbert
Gourmet Made Simple Cookbook by Gena Knox
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...