A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
813 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: freestanding shower curtain out of pvc pipe?  (Read 1251 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

karilee

i swear to god i'll die if i go home alone tonight

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2007 05:52:56 AM »

so my future roommate doesn't want to split our future room up 50/50   with a curtain, but i still wanted a little privacy so i was hoping to just curtain around my bed... my sister suggested a similar set up to what we had at home with the freestanding shower curtain rod for our clawfoot tub... i looked for just the rod online but it seems it is always sold with the entire $300+ add-a-shower kit... is there anyway to make this out of pvc pipe and what would i need?  i've never used it before...

thanks for all your help!  you guys rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her home."
Nineightohone

Don't make me come over there!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007 05:56:07 AM »

another option would be to put anchors in opposite walls and sew fabric with a pocket to hang along a wire. That way the curtain could be drawn halfway, the entire way, or opened.

Just a thought. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.~

Please come see my Etsy shop! www.notjustpurses.e tsy.com Thanks Smiley
karilee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007 01:05:29 PM »

thanks for the input:)  but my roommate is pretty sold on the pvc pipe idea, especially because my bed frame is from my childhood bunkbed set, so it has little holes in the four posts so i can attach the pvc frame directly to the bed so if we rearrange the room, it just goes with the bed...

my issue now is, i really wanted to be able to close it so it covers the bed completely or open it during the day so the bed is totally open... but i can't visualize how to do that...  i'm also picturing a completely square frame, which doens't seem like it would work either...

please excuse my horrible Paint skills, but this is what i'm thinking...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/me_im_a_thief/bedcurtainplan.gif

would something else work better?  also, what is the thinnest pvc pipe i can get and where?

thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her home."
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007 01:13:36 PM »

I saw something like this in a Christopher Lowell book. Can't remember which one.. 7 Layers of Design?

Anyway, he may be in your library.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
karilee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007 08:08:04 PM »

thanks i will try to find it:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karilee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007 10:30:14 AM »

ScotSkipper:

the only christopher lowell book my library had was 'if you can dream it, you can do it' but it has a freestanding pvc pipe item, as well as TONS of ideas for decorating asian style:)  i'm absolutely loving some of the ideas in there!

thanks for the great advice!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a No-Whisk Dutch Baby Pancake
How to Make a Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
How to Make Chocolate-Peanut-Butter Cereal Bars
5 Ways to Decorate a Cupcake Like a Pro
Classic White Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...