A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafting is my social life :D  (Read 2640 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LibbyK

Eres la fea mas bella y no te has dado cuenta...

View Profile WWW
« on: April 21, 2007 06:16:46 PM »

Just taking a break from my sewing machine and wondering if I'm the only 20-something who stays home to craft on Friday/Saturday nights.  Social life after college is so fraught with peril that sometimes it just seems either this way!  I may be pathetic but at least I'll have something to show for it in the end, right  Wink

LOL I'm so silly...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://quiltster.blogspot.com

If you are working on (or thinking about starting) a postage stamp quilt with 1.5" squares, I have scraps and squares to give away.  PM me if you're interested.
talyra
likes shiny things

Aboard yer ship, gnawin' yer timbers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007 04:15:12 AM »

I would much rather go out in the week when it's quieter than on a Friday or Saturday when the city is full of drunken, vomiting idiots. I'm not into that drink-till-you're-sick culture at all, and I HATE crowds, so I too would rather be in front of the telly with a craft on my lap on a Friday or Saturday.
They can call me a nerd all they want, I'll be the one laughing when they end up needing liver transplants at 40.
You are not alone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
saralynne
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007 04:30:11 AM »

I'd like to join your club! I realized my situation when I decided that my preferred meeting time for a knit/crochet group was a friday or saturday night.

Last night (saturday) I spent a nice quiet evening doing laundry and crocheting. And thats exactly where I wanted to be.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spiderbite

Write your fears in here, my dear...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007 04:33:41 AM »

For the past couple of weekends I've been just staying in and crafting. It saves a ton of money (and sometimes makes me money) and it's nice just to relax at home sometimes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check my etsy site for GLOW-in-the-Dark Nightmare Snatcher journals and miniature Worry-Woolie notebooks:
http://spiderbite.etsy.com

Likewise please check Weirdling Works the Etsy shop for my collaborative work with my father, in illustration and writing:
http://weirdlingworks.etsy.com
Mave

do-dee-do-do-dee-do-dodododo

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007 05:41:26 AM »

me too!

but you wouldn't believe the attitude of some of my friends (who all heading for 30yrs old themselves!)

Why is it that it's somehow more acceptable to be out drinking or sitting mindlessly in front of the TV than it is to being making something useful or beautiful?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my (very short!) wist http://www.wists.com/MaveH
lis enthusiasm
Needles, Needles, Everywhere!

Needles, Needles, Everywhere!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007 07:24:58 AM »

oh yeah. im just turned 20 and i way prefer crafting to going out :/
i just hate the whole 'lets go out every night, waste loads of money, get a horrid hangover the next day and then complain that we have no money and a horrid hangover' hah.
i find i enjoy myself so much more if the going out is occasional. doesnt get too samey, and i get to make so much more cool stuff, so when i do go out with my pretty new jewelery and hot bag everyones all 'woo look at that' and im all 'oh yeah i made it last night Cheesy' hahahah. because thats how it goes..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

interested in personal swaps Smiley

http://thecraftycupcake.blogspot.com/
rozekitten

Glue, buttons, and a wall. Hmmm...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007 07:38:04 AM »

Yep!  I do the same thing.  I used to go out and hang out with people, but it just gets old.  And no, most of them don't understand.  I think they think that crafting is a phase, and they don't understand or realize that most of us have been crafting a whole lot longer than we've been drinking.  Oh well, maybe we should start crafting hangover kits and directions for the cab driver, and them they might like us making stuff a lot more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

talyra
likes shiny things

Aboard yer ship, gnawin' yer timbers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007 08:14:43 AM »

ROFL at the hangover kits idea, rozekitten. A fun joke might be to knit or sew somebody who took the mickey a new liver...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rogue Butterfly
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007 01:47:55 PM »

I agree that sitting at home (or with my boyfriend) watching a movie and crafting is an awesome Saturday night.

I do like to go out, spend money I can't afford to spend, stay up until dawn and very occasionally get drunk and have chips and candy parties on the living room carpet, but I don't do it very often so it never gets old and makes for a good break when I'm having creativity issues.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
southern5footer
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007 01:49:41 PM »

I often get grief for making the same decisions. Crafting is so fun and rewarding, so I don't understand the problem.

I just turned 25, btw.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...