A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Lacey Skirt :) (picture chubby:P)  (Read 2651 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Seika
« on: April 21, 2007 04:41:56 PM »

So, I was bored and needed room in my dresser and closet, and decided that recons would be the ideal solution for my problem.  This is the first thing I made today, and the only thing I could get pictures of before the camera ran out the door and into my mothers coat Wink  It's made of 3 old shirts, and some lace.  Criticism would be appreciated Smiley

Ignore my badly faded hair...it was the same colour as the lace, before it faded and turned an odd purpley colour...

Also, the skirt is slightly more burgandy, I guess, than the picture shows.  When the camera comes back, I'll try to take a more accurate colour shot.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009 07:52:36 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue - don't mind me! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do you realize that your insatiable pull for all things deadly was strong enough to recover a pack of mutant canines from extinction?  If we could bottle your luck, we'd have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands." --Edward, Eclipse
elliebelly123
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007 07:27:00 PM »

very pretty!!!! great job. Smiley Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman."  Coco Chanel
jnaos

"Creative clutter is better than idle neatness."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007 07:29:28 PM »

I like everything.. except the lace over the skirt.. maybe the lace under that skirt peaking under the hem or the print?Huh  Good job though
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seika
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007 07:31:46 PM »

I like everything.. except the lace over the skirt.. maybe the lace under that skirt peaking under the hem or the print?Huh 

i'm slightly confused as to what you mean by the print...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do you realize that your insatiable pull for all things deadly was strong enough to recover a pack of mutant canines from extinction?  If we could bottle your luck, we'd have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands." --Edward, Eclipse
jnaos

"Creative clutter is better than idle neatness."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007 07:51:45 PM »

Opps sorry.. I mean maybe put the lace under the skirt so that the lace is peeking out from the printed fabric.. I do  like it though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007 08:01:31 PM »

oh gosh now what is wrong with that skirt? NOTHING! I think it's really cool. I think it's a great length too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Giggles
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007 03:24:13 AM »

its lovely. lately i have a huge thing for lace and lace overlays. woohoo for you this is something id definately wear. the length is like perfect too! reconstructions are always good, i cleaned my room today so i have lots to work with.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art is amazing in any of its many forms.
Love is unexplainable.
Life is worth so much more than you can imagine.

Currently: In love with Daniel Donayre.
Reading: Johhny Got His Gun.
Seika
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007 07:23:19 AM »

Opps sorry.. I mean maybe put the lace under the skirt so that the lace is peeking out from the printed fabric.. I do  like it though.

oooh, okay Smiley the print is actually the lace-y fabric stuffs

oh gosh now what is wrong with that skirt? NOTHING! I think it's really cool. I think it's a great length too.

aw, thanks!

its lovely. lately i have a huge thing for lace and lace overlays. woohoo for you this is something id definately wear. the length is like perfect too! reconstructions are always good, i cleaned my room today so i have lots to work with.  Grin

I know!  My friend has one that absolutely love, but she got it in france, so I decided that I needed one Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kseiznickska
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007 02:09:21 PM »

Wow I really like that!! It looks awesome and you wear it well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seika
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007 05:20:46 PM »

Wow I really like that!! It looks awesome and you wear it well!

thanks! this skirt might actually make it into the light of day tomorrow, depending on the weather
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 12/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 10/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 1/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 11/30
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 6/11
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...