This pile of flesh was created by me and my friend Laura. She was the one who came up with the idea. I was co-creater of the pile of flesh.
I have her permission to share this pile of flesh we came up with
the seal in the picture is made by me
The Ringed Seal of Saimaa
yarn: Finla Cotton
hook size: 4mm
The patterns with progress pictures. +The pile of flesh in Finnish on my blog: http://torranceknits.blogspot.com/2007/04/phoca-hispida-saimensi.html
Round 1: Start with a yarn loop. Make 6sc:s in the loop
2. *1sc, 2sc:s in one sc* repeat untill the end of round =9ks
3. *1sc, 2sc:s in one* repeat. = 12sc
4. 1sc in every sc =12sc
5. *3sc, 2sc:s in one* repeat =15sc
7. *4sc, 2sc in one* repeat =18
8. Embroider the face of the seal
9. *5sc, 2sc in one* repeat =21sc
11. *6sc, 2sc in one* repeat =24
12. 24 sc
13. *4sc, sc dec (1sc in two sc:s)* repeat =20sc
14. *3sc, sc dec* repeat =16sc
15. *2sc, sc dec* repeat =12sc
16. 12 sc
17. stuff the body of the seal
18. *1sc, sc dec* repeat =8sc
Stuff the "tail"Flippers:
Press the front and the back of the "tail" together. Make 4ch in the middle. Make one triple crochet at the base of the chains. Make sure you go through the front and back sc:s.Make another triple crochet through the next front and back sc. Weave in end.
Make the other half of the flipper the same wayFins:
Make 4 chain stitches. Make a triple crochet in the 4th ch from the hook, but only make it untill you have 2stitches on the hook. Make a double crochet in the same ch.
Sew the fin on the seal
Post pictures of the seal you made in this topic.