A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 305,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
498 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The prodigal screwdriver!  (Read 2305 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

klynslis
« on: April 20, 2007 08:08:46 PM »

I have a wonderful serger. It's a Babylock Evolve. You could theoretically use five needles at once in the suckah, and each needle is held in place with a little set screw, adjusted by a teeny tiny little allen wrench-ended screwdriver. Well, the screwdriver is actually pretty normal-sized. It's just the end that's tiny - much smaller than anything you would get in a regular allen wrench set.

So I lost my special screwdriver... a couple of months ago. I knew it was in the studio somewhere, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out where that was, even though I searched for it *everywhere*.

I wanted to make a couple of knit tops this weekend, and so I went through all of the sewing machine drawers again for the hundredth time and I FOUND IT!!  Grin
It wasn't even anywhere completely stupid! It was in one of my sewing machine drawers.

I'm just so completely happy I just had to share it with the world.

Stupid screwdriver.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

See my etsy shop! http://LYarost.etsy.com
rusewcrazy
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007 04:36:27 PM »

I have an Evolve too and I looooove it so much! I know exactly what screwdriver you are talking about (mine is orange) and I dread the day when I lose it. I've been pretty good about keeping it in the little caddy under the looper threads. I don't know about you, but I never close that little drawer all the way, it's a pain to open and I feel like it's going to snap off.

I lost the threader gizmo - I really miss that but I don't want to buy another one. Actually, I didn't lose it but my then three-year old got a hold of it and that was the end of that.

I'm glad you found your screwdriver! Happy Serging Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
klynslis
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007 05:56:04 AM »

rusewcrazy -

I know about the little threader thingie... I never got the hang of using it, though, and now I haven't seen it in a while. I hate that little storage drawer. The rest of the machine is so sturdy, and that drawer is undersized and feels very fragile.

How awesome is it that you never have to oil this machine because the oil is impregnated into the steel casting?

There may be newer models, but I still feel like the evolve is the top of the line. I can't imagine what else I would want a serger to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

See my etsy shop! http://LYarost.etsy.com
Patrick_Craftrick
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007 04:12:29 PM »

I lost machine screwdriver somewhere. 

I needed it the other day so my wife got out hers, but did not even let me use it.  I think she is worried about me losing hers as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ware the Sock-A-Zins!

http://potatocraft.etsy.com
L_is_for_lobotomy
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007 04:54:37 PM »

While my screwdriver is not specific to any machine in particular, I am somewhat attatched to it and my friend has stolen it.  It is turquoise, I found it in the bathroom of an expensive restaurant in the city, and I am fully prepared to go to any length to get it back.

cue the James Bond music, it's reconaissance mission time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Make Jubilee Bunting Flags
How to Make Paper Bunting
How to Weave With Ribbons
How to Make a Prodder for Rag-Rug Making
How to Set Up a Standard Loom for Weaving
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Summer Hat
Hedgies!
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...