A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
417 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Children's activity table for wedding - need advice  (Read 664 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

atinynap
« on: April 20, 2007 06:19:29 AM »

I'm getting married on May 19th and I need some help. It's always been really important for me to have an activity table for the kids that will be attending the wedding. I want the kids to have an area they can go to and color or whatever when they get bored.

I'm looking for things we can include as far as kid's activities go. We need things that aren't too messy and don't require excessive supervision. Also things that aren't too expensive and don't take too much time to prepare.

I'm obviously thinking some kind of activity book. I was also thinking it would be cute to have like a type of dress up thing where the kids could put different wedding dresses or suits on pictures of me and my fiance. But that might take more time than I have.

I'd appreciate any other ideas you wonderfully creative people have.

Thanks!
Meredith
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mojo
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007 06:31:55 AM »

For a graduation party I had last spring, I put together inexpensive gift bags for the little kids (ages 4-7).  I got small toys and activities in bulk from rinovelty.com (or try orientaltrading.com).  I was sure to avoid any toy that could be used as a projectile/weapon and anything potentially messy.  I stuck to puzzles, coloring books, mood rings, temporary tattoos...stuff like that.  It went well--the kids were entertained and occupied for the majority of the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brideOFkniterstein

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007 10:24:43 AM »

for my wedding, back in october, i set up an activity box that came out after dinner.

i included:
jigsaw puzzles (2, i think)
coloring books
simple story books
construction paper
coloring pensils
deck of cards (2)
stickers
a "foamie" activity with pre-cut pieces that had sicky backs (no glue)... we had halloween themed ones (october wedding)

hope that helps
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down with Personal Swaps
My Wist

BRIDES-TO-BE: i have wedding stuff i would love to swap away. pm me for list of items!
LSTinVA
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007 10:41:50 AM »

We went to a wedding in a historic house last year where our girls (5 and 3) were the flower girls.  They had an empty room that was the Kids Room with beads, legos, crayons, paper/coloring pages, scissors, and glue sticks.  The parents were responsible for monitoring their own kids.

If you have lots of little ones attending and it is within your budget, it may make sense to hire a preschool teacher or other experienced care provider to staff a room and plan some activities -- like games, a craft, their own "dance party," etc.

Have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cooking With Miso
Sesame Chicken and Broccoli Recipe
Hearty Miso Soup Recipe
Easy Coconut Rice Recipe
Coconut-Indian Curry Chicken Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...