A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,756
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Making a man-skirt... (out of jeans?)  (Read 1374 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

misplacedhippie
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007 08:35:33 AM »

My boyfriend wears a Kilt (not a plaid) about once a week.  It is a teal green, flat pannel in the front, and pleated on the sides and back.  I goes from his waist to about the middle of his kneecap.  It has belt loops, and no pockets.  However he is getting a Utilikilt for his birthday.  Same style, just with cargo pockets on the sides.  We get stared at all the time.  Everyone on campus that has seen him is amazed, I watched a girl almost drop her tray in the dining hall.  We scare little old ladies in town, they clutch their purses close to their bodies.  I will admit he is 6'3" Shaved head, and Big bushy beard.  But the nicest guy ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/misplacedhippie

Desperately seeking Beatles Fabric (found at some walmarts).  Will trade/send money/ Send Elvis Fabric (what my walmart has). PM me! Please!
spaz2phreek
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007 01:24:35 PM »

I, too, want to mention the thickness of the insert fabric. As was mentioned by Jillie, if it's too much softer there will be problems with the flow and all that. Corduroy, twill, more denim, something like that would hang better.

Looks like the actual construction process has been covered, though.

Opinion on length, I'd go full length. You'll get a lot less grief. It just...looks better.

I knew a couple guys in HS who wore skirts. Even better, there was an English teacher who had this one student twice before & the kid kept failing the class. So the 3rd time he got the kid in his class he made a deal with the kid, if the kid passes, the teacher would wear a skirt to school the last full day of the year. Kid passed with a B. The teacher borrowed the skirt he wore from one of my friends. Good stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
Cactus57
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007 03:49:49 PM »

Wow a sudden influx of replies, fantastic!  Grin

Righty then, i shall stsrt the answeringness

Melladh: Well i'm kinda going for an androgynous kinda look (as in, genderless appearence, to be specific) so feminine is fine with me, i've got stripey leg warmer things i can wear if i don't fancy shaving my legs lol. I have the skinniest little legs though, so i'll probly be fine.

I was thinking about using the main part of the jeans as a skirt to wear on its own, but with the off-cuts i could make a skirt to wear over jeans, but that will come later.

globox: Thankies  Cheesy I'd quite like that to happen to me, lol. on a slightly odd note, the hospitals around here keep thinking i am a girl, named eugine. go figure  Huh

j_en: Thanks for the link, just reading through it now  Smiley

July_July: Well, i do own a pair of docs, but they're leather and i've since turned vegetarian and animal rights-ey now since buying them, so i tend to avoid my leather stuff nowadays. Though i do have a pair of new-rocks which would be awesome to wear with a skirt... hmm..

Jillie: Hmm... i did not think about the weight, i'll try and run some offcuts of denim behind the tarten to re-enforce it, i'll be adding bodage strap type things and chains and whatnot too, so i can pull things around a little bit hopefully.

rachikus: My style toootally changes all the time, i seem to go through phases of goth, punk, and grunde/hippy thing. As a result my wardrobe is a mismatch of hemp, studded things, and black.  Roll Eyes

spaz2phreek: Full length, hmm. I'm not sure, i was kinda aiming for those types of baggy shorts alternative kids wear with spikes and chains, only in skirt form. The monstrocity i end up making will probly half resemble a skirt if i'm lucky  Tongue

misplacedhippie: Pockets! I sooo nearly forgot pockets, i should make some from tartan to go on the black denim, awesome...

Thanks again dudes and dudettes, off to work on it some more  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007 02:26:04 PM »

Remember to link your results here later, I'm curious to see how it turns out Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
staciart

Old, but not rotten...yet.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007 04:13:06 PM »

I'm an old lady and I love men in skirts! Kilts, skirts, doesn't matter, I wish there were more of you. Sexy, sexy, sexy...wish I could get my Beloved to wear one...I put the bug in his ear every so often.  
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007 04:14:37 PM by staciart » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Work With a Soft Box
Photographing the Extraordinary within the Ordinary
Travel Photography Tips & Techniques
Storing Images
Painting With Movement - Photography Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...