A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,538
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Northants: flea markets, good charity shops, thrift shops etc.  (Read 2110 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

emsie
« on: April 19, 2007 09:39:46 AM »

I'm struggling to find any in Northamptonshire or nearby
any ideas?
thank you Smiley

x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007 01:38:46 PM »

There's not many here I'm afraid! There are charity shops down Gold Street, St Giles Street and in Kingsley and Kingsthorpe, but that's about it, as far as I know. There's a few good car boot sales, the one at the Cobblers ground at Sixfields on the last Sunday of the month, and there's the Mad Mile near Wellingborough. I can't tell you off the top of my head when that is though Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gentle.thorns
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007 12:35:12 PM »

There's a quilting shop 'The Bramble Patch' in Weedon. They sell a nice range of fabrics and accessories.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Grimnir
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007 03:03:12 AM »

Cool, local people on Craftster!

Found this place online, http://www.beeinspired.co.uk/ Looks ok from the website. There's nowt much around here though (Rushden) except for the Sally Army shop and the 4 or 5 other charity shops in the high street  Undecided In fact, we're desperately short of crafty things here! I do know a place to get some leather hides from though, they ofthen have loads on the specials rack which are good value - http://www.leathermerchants.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wassail!
Grim
ViolinRomance

oh you're so naive

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008 04:13:37 AM »

Hey guys!
Just hoping to revive this thread as I'm planning a trip to the UK (from Aus)- and I will likley be staying in Northants (or more specifically Rushden) for a little while. I was just wondering if anyone could offer any updates on this info; for example, are the aforementioned car boot sales still organised? Or are there any new markets, craft shops, etc? Or even advice about which opp shops are decent would be great.
Thanks
Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008 08:05:00 AM »

Hey, if you come over to Northampton for a day, we should meet up  Grin I can take you round the charity shops and the market in town, and we could maybe go to Hobbycraft! Feel free to pm me!  Wink
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008 08:05:57 AM by Samsara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Littleclouds
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008 06:32:52 AM »

I used to live in Northampton! I went to the UCN  I think it was? for an art foundation course hehe, I used to live on erm...kingsthorpe road wow the memories! I don't remember much being there for art/crafty things but that was 3/4 years ago....ahh time flies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Grimnir
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008 05:20:52 PM »

Oh cool! I live on the border of Rushden and Higham Ferrers, we'll have to meet up while you're here. I know of 2 decent shops in Rushden itself, both mainly catering to the knitting/crocheting crowd.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wassail!
Grim
ViolinRomance

oh you're so naive

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008 06:36:06 PM »

Well I've spoken to Samsara too.. it'd be great to try to arrange a little meeting! I'll be there in the June/July timeframe Smiley
Sadly I don't knit/crochet... but I love looking in pretty much any crafty shops! I'm sure I'd find something to buy- even though I probably wouldn't know how to use it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thecraftytrundler

Even angels sleep sometimes........

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008 03:16:51 PM »

Hi all,
The craft shop in Kettering is a good one( Bee inspired) Sells lots of fabric, buttons , beads etc, and they are very helpful. Another good shop is Poppy patch at Earls Barton. They have a great range of fabrics and quilting supplies.
The Rushden & Diamonds car boot sale is a good one. It is on every Sunday morning, and one good thing about it, is that it isn't set up on a field, so you dont get wet and muddy, also it is quite a big one.
Apparently there is a good arts & crafts market in the old Fishmarket in Northampton. Haven't got to that yet, but would like to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Potato Chips Part 1/2
How to Make Potato Chips Part 2/2
How to Make Hash Browns
How to Make Macadamia and Pistachio Encrusted Chicken Part 2/2
How to Make Macadamia and Pistachio Encrusted Chicken Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...