A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
508 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Machias  (Read 5248 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chantal
« on: November 04, 2004 06:09:38 PM »

My husband and I might have an opportunity to move to lovely Machias maine, anyone know anything about it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hey little bird fly away home

livejournal.com/users/varouna
Laney

You could be as hated as me if you only tried.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004 06:23:29 PM »

Wow! When I saw Machias, Maine came up I was completely amazed! I LIVE in Machias, Maine!  Cheesy

Have you ever been here before? Perhaps you'll need someone to show you around!  Grin

(Hehe.. sorry for my excitement, but I've never heard of anyone talk about Machias on such a website with so many users.)

Anyway... if you want to know some inside info about this quaint little town, let me know. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are people who have money
and there are people who are rich.
--Coco Chanel
BassKitten
D'nB Ro><orz my So><orz!

Puurrrr....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004 01:56:33 PM »

Well Hello! I live in Maine but I'm from Brunswick and live tempoarily in Augusta. Maine is great if your into the slow kind of life. You'll have plenty of time to do crafts. Especially in the winter. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The girl is crafty like ice is cold!
The girl is crafty - she knows all the moves
I started playing records - she knew all the grooves
Laney

You could be as hated as me if you only tried.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004 07:45:00 PM »

Posted by: BassKitten You'll have plenty of time to do crafts. Especially in the winter.

That's the truth!! But I think it's really great. It's so fun to make things while that pretty snow is coming down. Then you'll have some really awesome stuff for the spring/summer when all those craft fairs go on around here!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are people who have money
and there are people who are rich.
--Coco Chanel
chantal
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004 05:58:30 AM »

i'm getting excited about it but i don't want to get too excited until we know whether or not we're moving there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblesparks489
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004 01:24:04 PM »

wow this is crazy. i didnt think this many ppl would be from maine, for i too live in maine. Currently i live in bangor, tho i'm not as thrilled about living here. not much of a fan of snow. Undecided ohh well  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Reflect your light high above the shadows
Tinted
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004 08:01:32 PM »

I am in Maine too!! i am not fond of the snow either, or the heating bills in the winter Embarrassed But I love summer, spring and fall in Maine. I live in the Lewiston area.

Just wanted to list a couple places for finding crafty things:
--The riverside flea market in Lisbon-- I have found soooo many cool things here this summer, at great prices. Of course you can haggle with the owner on prices. I found a set of vintage fabric markers that all still work for a buck. The smell of them is awful, but the colors are pretty cool. I have also found alot of glass bottles that I use to keep my homemade bath salts in.

--mardens on Maine st In Lewiston--good prices, and you never know what you will find here. Right now they have a ton of little packets of sequin in all colors for 33 cents a pack.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chantal
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004 06:41:57 AM »

--mardens on Maine st In Lewiston--good prices, and you never know what you will find here. Right now they have a ton of little packets of sequin in all colors for 33 cents a pack.

when we lived in waterville, we would hit up the mardens there - one time we found lots of jean paul gaultier clothes. it was strange.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chantal
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004 10:17:35 AM »

i just wanted to update - my husband got the job and we're moving to machias later on this month!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

friday
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2004 11:56:10 PM »

this thread hasn't been visited since august, so i may be talking to myself in here. but i'm quite comfortable with that.

chantal, those fancy duds you found at mardens -- was it by any chance in the months immediately following sept. 11? mardens got a whole huge lot of "damaged" clothes from dept stores whose wares were supposedly trashed by the trade center attacks -- a lot of the stuff was in perfectly good condition, but it was easier to write it all off for insurance purposes than sort through.

anyhow -- portlander here. welcome (back?) to maine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Neutral Density to Imply Motion
How to Separate the Portrait from the Background
How to Use Distortion to your Advantage
How to Light a Macro Shoot
Comparison Between Abstract and Pictorial Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...