A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,647
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Disco Dots Mommy and Baby Bag (5 pics)  (Read 3348 times)
Tags for this thread: bag , dots , disco_dots  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JuliaAnn
« on: April 18, 2007 01:34:03 PM »

The sweet cherries bag was the prototype and after scaling down the bag a little, this was the outcome.  It is still a roomy 15 inches wide, 11 inches tall and 8 inches deep across the bottom.  With the divider pocket in the middle, one side will be used for mom's stuff (has a zipper pocket and three other pockets, plus a key holder) and the other side for baby (has three pockets and two fabric covered bottle/cup holders).  The center zipper pocket can be used for diapers and wipes or anything else.  I hope she likes it.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2007 03:11:23 PM by jMi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cvpham
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007 01:53:19 PM »

That's gorgeous. I love the colors and the style. The baby bottle/cup holder are awesome. I don't have any babies myself but I would definitely like a bag like this when I do.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: CraftyCathy
annli
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007 01:56:19 PM »

I absolutely love it!! Shocked Cheesy
Ive been looking for a bag exactly like that! Do you mind if i steal your design for a bag of my own?  Wink Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissKnits

i'm new to this

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007 02:04:30 PM »

that's awesome. i'm working on a messanger bag and tried putting in a divider section like in your, but it doesn't look as nice. any tips on how to do it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miserylovesme
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007 02:05:41 PM »

Gorgeous! Love that fabric. I second the request for divider pocket tips!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007 02:46:42 PM »

I love it. the fabric is absolutely gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

la_chrystelle
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007 10:00:45 AM »

how pretty! I love the design, and ofcourse the fabric! nice job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tasi292
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007 10:27:19 AM »

This is fabulous!! All the little details make this a truly "Mommy-Friendly" baby bag. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Smile, it increases your face value." Smiley
"POCHACCO RULES!!"
JuliaAnn
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007 06:46:10 AM »

I absolutely love it!! Shocked Cheesy
Ive been looking for a bag exactly like that! Do you mind if i steal your design for a bag of my own?  Wink Grin
that's awesome. i'm working on a messanger bag and tried putting in a divider section like in your, but it doesn't look as nice. any tips on how to do it?
Gorgeous! Love that fabric. I second the request for divider pocket tips!

Steal away...steal away...I've gotten so many great ideas here myself, it's nice that someone wants to do something that I've done.

As far as the divider...I've only made this style twice and it gets easier each time, but it is still tricky.  I used the basic jordy pattern and just changed the size.  For the divider you cut a rectangle as tall as you want it to go (I didn't make mine go up to the top so that I could close the bag with a magnetic snap above it) then you cut it just a little wider than the cut out at the bottom of the jordy pattern.  When I sewed it to the sides, there will be extra fabric from the lining, as it is wider than the pocket.  That's ok.  Just line up the side with the pocket and sew.  Oh, the bottom of the pocket will be lined up with the bottom of the top part of the jordy.  Then you have to pull up the two bottom parts of the jody and make them even with the bottom of the pocket and sew but don't sew all the way.  Because of the pocket, you can't pull the bag through the corner, pull it through the middle of the bottom.  Sew up both corners like normal.  I don't know if this makes any sense.  As I'm writing it, it sounds quite confusing, but I don't know how to say it.  If you have any questions, ask me.

Thanks for the nice comments.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitchesnstuff
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007 07:25:46 PM »

I have been looking everywhere for this fabric.  I am a huge fan of pink and brown and this disco dots is great.  Where did you get it?  The bag is super cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Captain Hook
How to Draw Big Buck Bunny
Selective White Balance in Photoshop CS6
How to Draw Eyes
How to Draw Taz from the Looney Tunes
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana-Pineberry Bread
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow
Spotlight on: Making Toys

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...