A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What to make for My Bf's Mom who hates me?  (Read 8507 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

poseursteph
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2007 04:13:34 AM »

I think what serialdeviant was referring to is a Christmas cactus but they don't have green flowers. Anyway they are really pretty and my mom is addicted to them.

I have one of these, the flowers bloom pink! They look like a regular suculant (sp? the cacti withouth the spikes) except around christmas time, then they bloom. I forget to water mine all the time and it's managed to not only stay alive but after the leaves started to wilt i put it in intensive care (okay, so i watered it all the time for a week straight) but it revives itself very easily.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dollface_Anti-Beauty

[[Paula]] Running With Scissors

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2007 12:58:02 PM »

Why not just get her a practical gift?  Everyone has a a favorite food or snack so I would maybe do a theme and put her favorite snack/everyday useful things???
I really like that idea I might actually go for that.
Like put her favorite candy ect.... in a bucket or giftbag...
I think im doing it

Thanks for all the ideas!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fear grows in darkness
If you think there's a bogeyman around
[Turn on the light]
daisyannissa
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2007 06:06:24 PM »

I second (fifth?) the idea of not giving her anything. She isn't your mom and if you have a bad relationship, it'll just make everything worse!

I mean, be a good person, give her something if you really want to, but I don't think it's necessary.

And bombgirl, I am so sorry! That sounds like it was horrible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BhamBaby

I'm as pure as the driven slush

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2007 06:39:53 PM »

I so don't understand moms who hate their children's so. I have a son who has a girlfriend, she takes her cue about how to act towards me, from me! As long as my child is happy and not being smacked around or verbally abused....it's all good!

I can tell you that one of my favorite gifts was a container of bamboo. Really easy to care for, grows well and I enjoy it.

A movie box is nice too. Some candy, popcorn and a gift certificate for a movie would be nice I think. Let her pick out the movie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
x0xmanda
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2007 04:25:06 PM »

On Valentines Day I went over there and I pretty much told her how wonderful he is and how much my family likes him and she mumbled something sarcastic and just let out a fake laugh.

omg. sounds EXACTLY like something my dad's wife would do. ahhh i feel your pain.

what i do for christmas for my evil stepmom is get her something inexpensive and thoughtless. I mean, i gave her a gift, and she cant complain about that, and if she comes to me saying its bad, i can act like i thought she would really like it.

i got her $3.99 santa saltshakers from walmart (her mortal enemy) last year. YAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moo!
emisaurus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2007 08:18:28 PM »

Why not just get her a practical gift?  Everyone has a a favorite food or snack so I would maybe do a theme and put her favorite snack/everyday useful things???
I really like that idea I might actually go for that.
Like put her favorite candy ect.... in a bucket or giftbag...
I think im doing it

Thanks for all the ideas!!!

thats what my boyfriends mom did for my birthday.
she thought i was crazy for liking sour candy
but in return, stocked me up with enough to last a year.
(she doesnt hate me though)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2008 07:58:21 PM »

ah yes, the good old "my bfs mum hates me". its not always hate. its jealousy.and sadly sometimes it doesnt get any better. my dads mother hates my mum... and has done so for 22years now. at the end of the day keep trying, there will be people who see the stuff you give her (and make sure your vocal about it to his family ie I brought her that vase, isnt it pretty?) and who like it and realise shes just being selfish. If your mans worth it youll be fine. Good luck and dont take what she says to heart, shes found your weakness and will exploit it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
Aislynn
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2008 11:15:40 AM »

Since you're not married, and you and she have a strained relationship, I second the "have him give her something" option.  I lucked out and love my MIL, but I do have a rather spiteful and manipulative stepmom...trick is, if I ignore her at holidays, I have to ignore my Dad, too, else she'll make his life a living hell (did I mention spiteful and manipulative?).  So I get her cards that wish her a happy whatever, and at the same time, don't say anything personal.  Every time I try to give her something I know she likes, she magically doesn't like that thing anymore.  So I give up.  If she wants to be miserable, that's her lot, not mine.  Encourage your boy to have the relationship he wants with her, remind him when her birthday is, and sign the card.  Oh, and if you dislike her as much as she dislikes you, don't invite her to dinner...that just makes you both miserable!  If anything, arrange a meal out, potentially with just your boy and her...play it like special time for the two of them, with your support and blessing.  Be the bigger person.

Good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
gilgamesh
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2008 03:40:33 AM »

make her nothing!!! he is the one who has to give her something, so don't you worry about it  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lisa: "You've fallen through the cracks of our quick-fix, one-hour photo, instant oatmeal society!"
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Designing the LED Space Helmet
Yves Behar on Product Design in the Future
Donna Karan: Fashion Designer & Philanthropist
Do You Recognize These Art Inspired Tattoos?
Art of VIBE: Do Lab Designer Josh Flemming Is Taking Art to New Heights
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...